PDA

View Full Version : Nov 10 and 17 AMSTERDAM MANOR BEACH BAR 5 pm

Andrea J.
10-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Who will be available to attend?

Paul and I will be there ;)

Traceyd14
10-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Its on our plan for the 10th. We have a tour with friends that day so hopefully we will make it after a full day.

DaveNJodie
10-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi Andrea,

I will most likely be there on the 17th. It would be nice to meet you as I enjoy all of your advise about Aruba.

David

danadog56
10-05-2014, 04:53 PM
should make the 10th....keeping fingers crossed

Jacki
10-06-2014, 10:12 AM
I will be there in spirit!! :)

arubamark
11-10-2014, 09:40 AM
As i sit and look at the manahattan skyline from my office window I am only wishing that I can make it tonight but I cant.:( But I will be there for the 17th and I will try to make it there to meet some of you fine people. If I am not there on the 17 that means I am snoring somewhere on Ren Island. If you are Ren Island that day just look for a lounge chair by the Papgoyo Bar & Grill near the waters edge. Depending on the time of day you should see somewhere around 10-15 empty balashi cans neatly around my lounge.:) Come by say hi, If I am un responsive just kick me a few times I won't mind.

I will be there in spirit!! :)

Arubariba
11-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Hey, today is Monday and looking forward to meeting ya'll tonight. Last night was a long night at the Sopranos (lol), after it closed we went to Lekker and then to The Mill till that one closed too. I just woke up about two hours ago and my father showed up with about 10coconuts, life on the island is awesome!

Andrea J.
11-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Wow that was quite a night.

We r running late as we have 3 pm dentist appointments and the traffic is terrible today.
Hey, today is Monday and looking forward to meeting ya'll tonight. Last night was a long night at the Sopranos (lol), after it closed we went to Lekker and then to The Mill till that one closed too. I just woke up about two hours ago and my father showed up with about 10coconuts, life on the island is awesome!

Traceyd14
11-10-2014, 01:57 PM
We will be there...crazy Virginians party of 4

cindyo
11-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Wish I was there with you all
post pictures please

We will be there...crazy Virginians party of 4

Liz - Aruba Lover
11-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Wish I was there too!

Arubariba
11-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Leaving now, will be there around 6:15 or so. I am already on Aruba time. If the BOGO free is till 6m, someone get me a Heineken, lol,or 2.

Jacki
11-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Leaving the office now! Wish I was heading to the AM!

Andrea J.
11-10-2014, 05:20 PM
for those of you wishing that you were at tonight's AM bb gathering.................OMG horrific.
We met up with Tracey D and her hubby............but the 4 of us had to get outta there in a big hurry.
The stench from across the street and behind Amsterdam Manor (the sewer treatment plant) was horrible.
Now, I am a barn person...I ride 2x a week at least. The ranch where i ride also has a few pigs. The stench from
this sewer treatment was much worse than the pig area at the ranch.

Tracey is having some concerns about her stay at Amsterdam Manor ...I think she moves in on Wednesday.

Paul and I reassured her and her hubby that the stench is NOT the norm.

But, suffice it to say it was so bad today we HAD to get out of there.

Other folks were sickened by the stench too.

:( :( :(

However it was wonderful to meet Ms Tracey and her hubby.
Nice people.........but i suspected that all along ;)

Pegmeister
11-10-2014, 06:13 PM
That's awful!! I know it's not the norm and certainly not under the control of AM but I have read reviews on Tripadvisor recently where people were complaining about the smell during their stay. Hopefully they get it resolved right away. Probably not a good night for Passions either.

Andrea J.
11-10-2014, 07:25 PM
years ago....(maybe 2004 0r 5 it was bad like it was tonight) and we were at lacabana and had friends at amsterdam manor and the smell was sickening.

it was a little breezy today and i would have guessed that the smell would have diminished....i was wrong.

AZChris n Bob
11-10-2014, 07:58 PM
That's too bad. I thought they moved that treatment plant or did something with it to keep the flies and the stanch down. Glad you got to meet Tracy and her husband.

Jacki
11-10-2014, 10:24 PM
That's terrible :(

rob o
11-10-2014, 10:35 PM
The stench from across the street and behind Amsterdam Manor (the sewer treatment plant) was horrible.
Now, I am a barn person...I ride 2x a week at least. The ranch where i ride also has a few pigs. The stench from
this sewer treatment was much worse than the pig area at the ranch.

Paul and I reassured her and her hubby that the stench is NOT the norm.

But, suffice it to say it was so bad today we HAD to get out of there.

Other folks were sickened by the stench too.

Andrea,

I've made a living designing and constructing these facilities since 1977. I can help! Can you get me a job there?

Traceyd14
11-10-2014, 11:13 PM
You guys should consider moving next weeks gathering if its not any better. First off it was so great meeting Andrea and Paul. Its funny how,much we have in common given all of our differences. Jon and Paul are so adventurous...when I get home I have to look up info on hang gliding ☺.

We are very concerned about our stay. I booked non refundable through a 3rd party site so we may be stuck. I have been in contact and we will see. We decided tonight that we will wait and see and if its too bad we will,rent a,car and spend time at other beaches. Its too bad, as our plan was total relaxation for those days. There is no Way I could relax on the beach or eat atPassions and spend good money for it, to smell that stench.

Traceyd14
11-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Andrea,

I've made a living designing and constructing these facilities since 1977. I can help! Can you get me a job there?
Rob, I too work for a water and sewer utility. I am no engineer but I could defintly be your assitant.

Traceyd14
11-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Wish I was there with you all
post pictures please
We didnt get pictures, we really should have. I brought my camera but honestly the smell was that big of a distraction I forgot all about it.

rob o
11-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Rob, I too work for a water and sewer utility. I am no engineer but I could defintly be your assitant.
You're hired!

Andrea J.
11-11-2014, 07:53 AM
heading up that way in a little while tospend the day on the beach with friends that are at lacabana.
i am hoping that there is no odor.

Arubariba
11-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Sorry we did not get to meet. I made it up there about 6:45 and the place was deserted so I went back home.

Traceyd14
11-11-2014, 03:05 PM
heading up that way in a little while tospend the day on the beach with friends that are at lacabana.
i am hoping that there is no odor.
Please let me know how it is.