PDA

View Full Version : What to wear down

smoki
11-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Just curious on what people wear when they fly to Aruba (besides wings) I love being comfortable but still want to look nice. It's usually freezing when we leave here and then 80's when we arrive.:confused:

act1966
11-12-2014, 11:47 AM
For the first time, we wore LuluLemon Seawall pants - they're awesome. Comfortable without looking like sweat pants - they almost look tailored, they're made of a breathable fabric and have pockets you can stash stuff in. AND they have drawstrings on the pant cuffs that can be tied up to instantly turn them into long shorts! Win-win!

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/mens-pants-gym/Seawall-Track-Pant-II-DWR

AndyM
11-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Jeans, polo shirt, docksiders and a sweatshirt that comes off on the plane and is not seen again until just before we land back at home.

Andrea J.
11-12-2014, 12:02 PM
when we lived in MA and flew from boston, we wore lightweight pants, short sleeve shirts and a sweatshirt.
upon landing in AUA, the sweatshirt got put in the carry on.

arubamark
11-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Ahhh board shorts, t-shirt and sandals. Suck it up a little in cold but when you get to Aruba you can look and smile at all the people in the airport while they are fanning themselves. LOL

Jacki
11-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Layers so you can strip them off when you reach Paradise!

Arubalisa
11-12-2014, 02:23 PM
In winter, we too wear layers. I have been known to wear dress shorts in December if the weather in Atlanta is above 50F. on departure. ;)

Pegmeister
11-12-2014, 02:58 PM
We stay at the airport the night before so I just go for capris, T-shirt and sandals.

cpjones
11-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Cargo shorts, loose long sleeve shirt and Sanuks or boat shoes. Wish I had enough money for a money belt..... but I don't! :(

burghboy
11-12-2014, 03:57 PM
We also stay at the airport so even flying out of BWI or PHL I dress as if I'm already in Aruba.

We stay at the airport the night before so I just go for capris, T-shirt and sandals.

AUA1989
11-12-2014, 04:26 PM
I have become fond of a pair of black wide legged stretch lounge pants worn with the nicer sandals I'll be wearing to dinner. I wear the pants with a nice tank and throw on a sweater or hoodie since it is usually cold when we leave from the Midwest. If it gets hot on the plane I (don't laugh, some women never know when a hot flash will occur) can hike up the pant legs. I wear the pants when we head out to a nicer dinner as they are a thinner material. When the temps are sub zero here and I have to wear heavier clothing on the way to the airport, I have been known to do a complete wardrobe change in the airplane bathroom into shorts and t's, but you need to be a little bit of a contortionist to do so.

Tom and Stanley
11-12-2014, 04:54 PM
I have always worn a pair of nylon long gym pants, short sleeved golf shirt, shorty socks with slip on shoes and a zipper front sweat shirt (hoodie). Sweat shirt comes off and into carry on once I got to Aruba. I also made sure I had over sized long pants for comfort while sitting for 4 1/2 hours. . . Stanley comes with his fur coat. . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

cindyo
11-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Me... Yoga pants, short sleeve top and sweatshirt. Gotta love yoga pants!
Rob.... Shorts , even in the dead of winter. He usually wears a T shirt given to him that says," if found return to Aruba"

uallas5
11-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Convertible pants. I zip off the legs when I arrive, instant shorts!

rob o
11-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Me... Yoga pants, short sleeve top and sweatshirt. Gotta love yoga pants!
Rob.... Shorts , even in the dead of winter. He usually wears a T shirt given to him that says," if found return to Aruba"

Yup....always shorts and tee shirt down. Hey, if women can wear skirts in January, I can wear shorts, right?

On way back, my trusty old (15+year old) Aruba Survivor tee shirt.

schexc
11-12-2014, 08:45 PM
I wear a bathing suit, sleeveless shirt under a T-shirt with sneakers. As soon as we hit our first layover the sneakers come off and I put on the sandals. When we arrive on the island the T-shirt comes off and I'm ready to go. Pretty easy to do since I only travel with a carry on.

phyllist
11-13-2014, 12:16 AM
Since we leave from Orlando, heavy clothing is not necessary. Hubby wears shorts & shirt (his uniform) and I wear capris and a blouse.........all loose fitting.

smoki
11-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Thanks everyone, I usually wear a nylon jogging suit down and bring the jogging capri's & flip flops in my bag. It's usually freezing when we leave and return. Need to be comfortable for a 5 hour flight.