PDA

View Full Version : Updated Packing List

Teeoney
02-23-2015, 11:36 PM
As the current Packing List in the forum seemed a little dated and I like a little more structure in my layouts, I created this document in Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zyeRHaiuVS6tp6X9TrStg0-lOkdIH_EMTOrBP05AEg8

It is view only, but you can print all tabs or you can download a copy to your computer to use / edit as you see fit.

Hope this gets some use.

Traceyd14
02-24-2015, 05:20 AM
Thanks for sharing! I sure could have used this on Saturday. We are here now and I forgot so many things!

Jacki
02-24-2015, 09:04 AM
Great tool! Thanks so much!

WaltVB
02-24-2015, 12:17 PM
Very nice inclusive list. I hope I'll be using it soon.

AUA1989
02-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Wow! I am printing now. Sure beats the list I'm continuing on my napkin at lunch each day.

Teeoney
02-27-2015, 12:05 PM
Glad everyone is enjoying it. It sure has help me and my group get ready.

Lakeh2o
03-30-2015, 09:43 PM
I did see that bug spray was listed on the packing list. How are the evenings when it comes to insects?

Andrea J.
03-30-2015, 11:11 PM
sometimes there are mosquitos
be prepared and have bug spray with DEET just in case.

I did see that bug spray was listed on the packing list. How are the evenings when it comes to insects?

Lakeh2o
03-31-2015, 07:07 AM
sometimes there are mosquitos
be prepared and have bug spray with DEET just in case.
I will make sure I get some packed!

AUA1989
03-31-2015, 09:09 AM
I cannot take it any longer. I AM PACKING TONIGHT. So what if the suitcase sits by the door til Sunday morning.

Andrea J.
03-31-2015, 09:18 AM
we cannot take our suitcases out of the closet til the last moment.
the dog and the cats get a little crazed.

I cannot take it any longer. I AM PACKING TONIGHT. So what if the suitcase sits by the door til Sunday morning.

AUA1989
03-31-2015, 10:48 AM
:D:D:DDH bought me new suitcases for my birthday in February. They've been sitting in my bedroom near the closet, and we have one cat that has been sleeping on it. When I pack, I will have at least one, if not two cats in the suitcase trying to "help".

cindyo
03-31-2015, 03:14 PM
Omg , that's us too! I pack, repack, re colorize, change flip flops.... So jealous you got 5 days to go for vacation!!!!

Lakeh2o
03-31-2015, 08:06 PM
we cannot take our suitcases out of the closet til the last moment.
the dog and the cats get a little crazed.
Our dogs go crazy too when the suitcases are out!!! So funny how they can pick up on things!

Andrea J.
03-31-2015, 10:48 PM
typically i pull the bags out of the 3rd bedroom closet and put them on the bed in there.....keeping the door closed.
often i forget to close the door and the dog will then sit near the back door and cry and cry.....she wants to go to Meme's house NOW.
the cats, will get in the luggage and shed and steal socks.

it is a pain!

Our dogs go crazy too when the suitcases are out!!! So funny how they can pick up on things!

Jacki
04-01-2015, 08:50 AM
typically i pull the bags out of the 3rd bedroom closet and put them on the bed in there.....keeping the door closed.
often i forget to close the door and the dog will then sit near the back door and cry and cry.....she wants to go to Meme's house NOW.
the cats, will get in the luggage and shed and steal socks.

it is a pain!

I have to pack a little at a time, when the dogs are not up in my bedroom and hide the half packed bags in my closet or they will shake and cry and get really nervous. It's a little insane! My little dog (Miniature Dachshund) has seizures so I really can't let him see the bags or he works himself up so much he seizes!

Andrea J.
05-28-2015, 08:38 AM
http://www.clarkhoward.com/18-things-you-forget-your-packing-list-vacation?ecmp=clarkhoward_social_facebook_sfp

Pegmeister
05-28-2015, 08:55 AM
I bring extra hand sanitizer wipes for the plane. The last few trips the person sitting next to me has made comments like I wish I thought of that or what a good idea so I always share them.

LauraAruba
05-28-2015, 11:12 AM
I start packing last week, since I'm moving I put all my summer clothes in my suitcase lol. Now I packed for threemonths so I need to read arrange and pick what I really want to wear.

I bring my own snorkeling gear and I put my face moisturizer in small packages for the plane.

brady bear
05-30-2015, 08:38 PM
Everyone sounds like me.... I can pull suitcases out or the puppies will be in them taking things out.. and running with them.
Not only do I have to my stuff; but must assistance everyone else or they will look like bozo the clown. (and put them in sets... I swear am going to pattern color codes for matching for them) :rolleyes:

Arubalisa
05-31-2015, 10:18 AM
Looking at the list. In lieu of giving relatives photo copies of your passport, take a photo of them with your phone and/or save them there. We also have a copy in pdf which we have stored in the cloud.

Also if you are on any ADHD Amphetamine stimulants such as Adderall, Vyvanse, Ritalin etc. you MUST keep them in original containers or could face possible arrest.

Stev&Mo
05-31-2015, 11:26 AM
Great list, a few things I hadn't thought of yet.
As for Rx meds, if they aren't controlled substances do they still need to be in bottles? I was trying to just bring what we needed, some of the bottles are large. I have photos of all the labels on my phone. Have never had a problem state side but maybe customs have different rules?

I still haven't found out and forgot to ask them, anyone know if Paradise Beach Villas has hair dryers?

I have a box I'm throwing stuff in as I think of them. The dogs haven't figured it out yet. The cat has napped in there.

I liked the post about having to pack for the rest of the family. My 3 guys would be awful if I didn't help. They are telling me they are ok. Ya right. Hubby thinks Camo is appropriate for any occasion. Boys have grown and nothing fits, need new summer clothes. :rolleyes:

Andrea J.
05-31-2015, 07:05 PM
there is a slight chance that aruba customs could confiscate "controlled medications"....like prescription medicines that lisa has mentioned.

your situation, i would NOT give it a 2nd thought.
pack them as you see fit and it is a good idea that[you have those photos on your phone!

PBV hair dryers....don't know.
i wonder do people use hair dryers in aruba?
QUOTE=Stev&Mo;274931]Great list, a few things I hadn't thought of yet.
As for Rx meds, if they aren't controlled substances do they still need to be in bottles? I was trying to just bring what we needed, some of the bottles are large. I have photos of all the labels on my phone. Have never had a problem state side but maybe customs have different rules?

I still haven't found out and forgot to ask them, anyone know if Paradise Beach Villas has hair dryers?

I have a box I'm throwing stuff in as I think of them. The dogs haven't figured it out yet. The cat has napped in there.

I liked the post about having to pack for the rest of the family. My 3 guys would be awful if I didn't help. They are telling me they are ok. Ya right. Hubby thinks Camo is appropriate for any occasion. Boys have grown and nothing fits, need new summer clothes. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

brady bear
05-31-2015, 08:58 PM
Andrea.... think it is a "man" thing about dressing & packing..
Sorry men. Wondering how many of you guys have your wife/girlfriend "assist you" with packing ???
I got my husband, son, grandson and even the granddaughter.. (she will pack stuff that she don't need and forget the important things like panties.. lol)
Then I get laughed at when I forget something for me like sunglasses..

Arubalisa
05-31-2015, 10:00 PM
As for Rx meds, if they aren't controlled substances do they still need to be in bottles? As long as they are not, I wouldn't worry. :)

Traceyd14
06-02-2015, 05:51 AM
Had to laugh because I can relate to the "camo for all occasions". On our last weekend getaway my dh wore camo shorts every day...different ones but still had me checking to make sure. When we go to Aruba I have him take out everything he wants to take then I go back and supplement with what he actually needs, like enough shirts for all the days and boxers and his contacts and a toothbrush..you know, the little things ;).

LauraAruba
06-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Pfff packing done, 22,6 kg I always take too much even when this time I thought I did good with packing...

Wich stuff do you leave at home what you would rather take or just simply buy there?

Rhys
07-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Pfff packing done, 22,6 kg I always take too much even when this time I thought I did good with packing...

Wich stuff do you leave at home what you would rather take or just simply buy there?

After watching a lot of Rick Steves shows and seeing the new baggage fees, we learned that everything we really need in Aruba can easily go in carry-ons or in the allowed "personal item." Everything gets left home unless it will be used or is necessary, nothing more. Guy carry on: no dress-up stuff, jackets, long pants, etc. A few golf & T shirts, shorts, belt, flip-flops, boat shoes, sneakers & socks for exercise, bathing suits. Shaving kit with the necessities & sunscreen. Done, easy. Everything else we pick up at Ling's or Superfoods. I see travelers with really huge bags and I'm glad we don't do that anymore.

Rhys

Stev&Mo
07-12-2015, 12:37 PM
With the help of suggestions here we did really well. Few things; I double checked sons' bags but not DH. He forgot underwear. The guys have shorts that double as swim suits, that required less packing. I limited DH's camp items. He felt it necessary to point out every person he passed in camp (folly eyes).
Everyone had travel size personal items which were just thrown away (what little was left) to make room for souvenirs. A note on the meds. What I ended up doing was filled everyone's weekly containers. I brought the bottles with only a few pills in each, that way if we were stopped I had them. No one questioned anything. On the way home our weekly containers had 2 days of meds each. Again no question about them. Not bringing back those empty bottles saved lots of space. On liquids, I checked with TSA before. I had everyone's bottles in the bags (3/1/1 rule) but in one large grocery bag. When approaching security I told the agent I had everyone in my group all together. She thanked me for being organized! Only one small bag came back with us.

I read a suggestion to bring envelopes, sticky notes for tips, notes to housekeeping etc. I also picked up some inexpensive post cards from here at home with South Carolina on them. I used them to write thank you'd on and everyone really appreciated them.

PBV did have hair dryers. I only used it twice. I have very long hair and just need to to not be soaking when we went out or it would never have dried in the humidity. They also had coffee filters but no paper towels. (I'll post that in the other area too)

The deet wipes I mentioned elsewhere were helpful. They packed easily and were small enough for a purse if you needed to take them out.

We also brought sturdy plastic cups with locking tops. We filled them with water after passing security and used them to bring drinks to the beach and pool.

Another thing I picked up that came in useful was a large plastic beach mat. It folded small and flat. We took it to the beaches and on our jeep trip. It gave us a spot to put our things out of the sand when there weren't chairs available.

Our soft sided cooler also came in very handy. It also folds flat.

A Small 1st aid kit with basics. I wore a blood blister on the ball of my foot not realizing I was walking on a rock. DS1 cut his ankle on some coral. This helped us avoid what could have been a costly trip to the drug store.

If bringing your own snorkeling gear, a large mesh bag to carry the wet stuff in.

Jacki
07-12-2015, 02:46 PM
I also picked up some inexpensive post cards from here at home with South Carolina on them. I used them to write thank you'd on and everyone really appreciated them.

That's a great idea!

Sue M.
06-21-2016, 06:58 AM
This is a great packing check list. Thank you.

brady bear
06-21-2016, 08:08 AM
I always make copies of my passports and credit cards and etc.
However I do take the first picture in my camera with my name, number and address... the hotel I am staying at too. In hopes if I misplace my camera someone will return it.. I also put a return label on the bottom of the camera. I the same with my phone under contact.

Jacki
06-21-2016, 08:57 AM
I always make copies of my passports and credit cards and etc.
However I do take the first picture in my camera with my name, number and address... the hotel I am staying at too. In hopes if I misplace my camera someone will return it.. I also put a return label on the bottom of the camera. I the same with my phone under contact.

GREAT ideas!

Sue M.
06-21-2016, 11:38 AM
Clever idea. I will have to do the picture in my camera idea. Thank you.

Tara10
04-29-2018, 04:55 AM
Hi Guys
Newbe here are these things you bring to Aruba with you?
Are they ok with you bringing in stuff food wise like noodles meat etc.... thank you

Andrea J.
04-29-2018, 08:58 AM
Hi and welcome to the posting side!

check out these threads:

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/bringing-food-luggage-69820/

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/dry-ice-69856/

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/bringing-frozen-meat-aruba-36323/

Jacki
04-30-2018, 09:46 AM
Welcome to your first post Tara10 :)