PDA

View Full Version : House Hunters International Coming To Aruba

volcano
09-30-2016, 03:50 PM
The moment is almost here! October 10th, 2016 at 10:30 pm Eastern (replayed at 1:30 am) on HGTV, David and Brenda will make their appearance on House Hunters International. Here is the promo bit that they have posted on the HGTV website:

Beach Bar in Paradise
When Brenda and David met online, it was love at first sight, and when he told her he wanted to move to the Caribbean and open a beach bar, she was on board. While David and Brenda share the same dream to live in Aruba their similarities end there. Brenda is committed to helping David achieve his lifelong dream, but he's been building up to this moment for years so he wants to go big in Aruba. Brenda feels they should simplify their lifestyle and downsize so they can save up to start their new business, but they will have a tough time finding a home that lives up to David's expectations on Brenda's budget.

Seems like forever since we have taped the show but we're excited to watch on the "big screen" on the 10th. It's going to be one heck of a viewing party over here.

David and Brenda

SkiChris
09-30-2016, 07:08 PM
I just programmed this on my DVR and I can't wait to see the show!!!
It will be nice to see the sunshine on my TV also as the warm temperatures are beginning to disappear here in New York.

Jacki
10-03-2016, 10:11 AM
DVR Set! :)

Andrea J.
10-03-2016, 11:37 AM
I am interested to know about the "beach bar" plan?

our dvr is set as well. :)

brady bear
10-03-2016, 12:13 PM
I am up at that time and usually watch house hunters before the 11 pm news..
Looking forward to it.

schexc
10-03-2016, 02:09 PM
We've got the DVR set. We're going to download it to our iPad and watch it on the plane, as we leave in the early morning for the island. Kind of a preview of our destination before landing, which only adds to the excitement. Now if Delta just served Balashi.

volcano
10-06-2016, 02:25 PM
The excitement if building for everyone here in Buffalo as we have the viewing party all set on Monday. I have bowling on Monday so the viewing party is right at the alley's. Pizza and wings are on tap with Monday Night Football taking a back seat to us for one week. Can't wait to see what six days of taping turns into on television.

Jacki
10-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Wow! Six days down to 24 minutes!

WaltVB
10-07-2016, 03:11 AM
Got the DVR set, but will not get to watch until the 14th... I'm sure you are very excited.

Randi
10-08-2016, 11:02 PM
As usual, we in Canada will have to wait to see it. :mad:

Jacki
10-10-2016, 10:02 AM
tonight's the night!

volcano
10-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Well the day is finally here. After six months of waiting we will be featured on House Hunters International this evening. The show hasn't even aired but somehow word has gotten out to other states and the texts have already started coming in. Thank you Facebook. :) Looks like we may be undercharging for the autographs. Looking forward to the viewing party is tonight.

Andrea J.
10-11-2016, 12:22 AM
Ahhhh house #2.
Very nice.
Thank you for sharing your "tv premiere" with us.

vallond
10-11-2016, 08:40 AM
Awesome episode!! Really glad to see Aruba on HHI, watched it this morning while getting ready for work. Great choice, was really surprised that all three homes had pools. I heard your episode on the "One Happy Podcast" a few months back. Can't say that I blame you for wanting to move from Buffalo, I attended colled in Rochester and one of the things that I looked forward to the most after graduation and moving back to the Caribbean was no longer having to contend with winter. Great episode!!

Jacki
10-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Awesome episode! What a great home!

Andrea J.
10-11-2016, 04:41 PM
I wish the producers and editors had left more aruba attractions/places of interest in the segment.
There were a few nice beach shots. A shot from Zeerovers ( i think that was Zeerovers) was nice.

Yes, I know it was supposed to be all about the "houses", but I do wish that more Aruba was shown. :)

act1966
10-11-2016, 05:01 PM
I haven't seen this episode yet (oh... Canada) but I was disappointed they didn't feature more of the island on our show as well. We filmed at a lot of locations that didn't make the cut. In particular,

Cafe 080 http://cafe080.com/
Terrafuse Glass Blowing http://www.terrafusearuba.com/workshop
and Pastechi House https://www.facebook.com/THE-PASTECHI-HOUSE-135282566512485/

but... you can only do so much in twenty-two minutes...!

I wish the producers and editors had left more aruba attractions/places of interest in the segment.
There were a few nice beach shots. A shot from Zeerovers ( i think that was Zeerovers) was nice.

Yes, I know it was supposed to be all about the "houses", but I do wish that more Aruba was shown. :)

cpjones
10-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Really enjoyed the episode and you two are a great couple... Please keep us posted on the beach bar.... I wanna drink there and I know that lots of us will!

yefim8
10-11-2016, 10:58 PM
yea, it was a Zeerovers, and they sat on our favorite table, right by the water, when i see Lars, realtor guy,next time, i would ask for my share of profit for using our bench.lol

purpleangel
10-12-2016, 10:36 AM
I finally watched the episode last night. Great show! And good luck with the bar!

Andrea J.
10-12-2016, 10:43 AM
per some facebook postings .....i read that the homeowners have their house rented now for a year to a family from arizona.

i am really interested in reading if they have been able to make a plan for the beach bar?

ricky59
10-13-2016, 12:07 PM
One of the worst episodes ever, probably because they didn't show
any of the island.

No mention on where the last two homes were..

Andrea J.
10-13-2016, 12:24 PM
i am bewildered as to why volcano (the homeowner) has not come back to post his thoughts on the show.

Jacki
10-13-2016, 12:31 PM
i am bewildered as to why volcano (the homeowner) has not come back to post his thoughts on the show.

Hopefully he's busy building a great beach bar :)

Jen Doe
10-13-2016, 10:16 PM
I enjoyed the glimpses of the triple bridge and Wariruri beach. I would have chosen house #2 as well.

volcano
10-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Hello Everyone. Sorry I was unable to post immediately after the show. I left town the day after the showing and I wasn't really going to change my plans because they picked the date they did for the show to air.
As for the show I thought it was great. We watched the show at our local bowling alley with the my friends and my entire league watching. No one missed Monday Night Football for the half hour - LOL. They did a great job portraying us for who we really are. Yes Brenda really does clean as much as they made her out to want to be clean. I certainly do have plenty of "stuff" that I am going to have to figure out what to do with. The shirts and hats will all be coming with me. I think they spent more time than usual on the buyers (us) than a normal episode of HHI but that is what makes the show a bit unique as compared to the others over the years. I did think they showed plenty of Aruba though for the time frame they had. As for the other houses there was so much that could have been shown that wasn't but as someone already quoted, you can only do so much in 22 minutes. Mind you we taped for six twelve hour days to get down to that 22 minutes.
As for the bar, that is still a work in progress as it is not as easy to find a bar on the beach as you may think as those that are already there would have to want to get out. That will be a patience game for sure. Our house is rented for the time being as we do have a two to three year plan to make the full move. That gives plenty of time for someone to want to retire out of their bar and hand the reigns over to us. Worst case scenario I can become a server until the opportunity arises for the bar.
I'm glad most of you enjoyed the show as much as we did here in Niagara Falls and I am sure over the years we will meet many of you.

Jacki
10-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Thanks for checking in :) Congrats on the new home!

vallond
10-25-2016, 09:20 AM
Really glad to see somewhere else beside Costa Rica, The U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Dominican Republic being featured. I always look out for those episodes set in the Caribbean, especially Aruba. I still have the episode saved, whenever I need a dose of Aruba I look at it. Really enjoyed the episode!!

cpjones
10-25-2016, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the update...... and take really good care of Brenda..... she's a 'keeper'......! ;)

MAZOO-2
10-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Okay--any guesses on how tall Lars is?

Dreamer
11-05-2016, 09:09 AM
I saw your episode and was excited to see your journey. How did you get on HHI anyway?