PDA

View Full Version : DePalm Island..Much fun

Andrea J.
11-25-2016, 05:26 PM
http://www.depalmisland.com/your-all-inclusive-day/

depalm island...have you been?

WaltVB
11-26-2016, 08:56 AM
We've talked about going but never have. Without kids, we aren't sure there would be enough to do for us to justify a full or even a half day. Maybe someday if the grandson returns with us.

Traceyd14
11-26-2016, 09:05 AM
We went specifically to do the Sea Trek walk. We had breakfast there and enjoyed snorkeling and floating around. I agree with Walt, for a couple with no kids, half day was plenty. It was nice to be able to snorkel and relax right from the same beach. We paid for the full day but ended up taking a taxi back when we were ready to go. I think the taxi was about $30, but worth it to be on our own time and not have all the stops of the bus at other resorts on the way back. We didn't think the food and drinks were and anything memorable, in a good or bad way. Not sure we would do it again, but had a good time.

hatteras
11-26-2016, 10:33 AM
We went on our first trip, about 8 years ago, mainly for the sea trek. We did the entire day, but it was a long day. We enjoyed ourselves, but I wouldn't do it again, unless our granddaughter was with us.

Liz - Aruba Lover
11-26-2016, 02:01 PM
We went (drove ourselves there) about 8-9 years ago with a local and her kids. We would do it again only if we went with our grandchildren.

dq1974
11-28-2016, 03:50 PM
We went in 2013. I agree with everyone here. You need to be with children to go. We went as a couple, paid for a full day and left with the half day people. Maybe if or when I have kids I'll return.

Miss913
06-24-2017, 12:45 AM
When i was on my honeymoon....omg, too long ago...at the Divi Tamarijn we took a boat/booze cruise over to the island for a dinner with like Mariachi band type
entertainment while we ate....this was at night, this was pretty much adults only....and i do not remember it being a daytime adventure type trek....maybe i am mis-remembering since it was 1988 but i need to know exactly WHAT is the trip to DePalm Island about these days. It was definetly a boat ride away....not by taxi or bus. Do i have the wrong name?

schexc
06-24-2017, 07:28 AM
Just follow the link in Andrea's first post. It should answer all of your questions.

Andrea J.
06-24-2017, 08:35 AM
if it was indeed depalm island from 29 years ago, you will not recognize the place today!

as schexc says, click the link in the first posting and read about the place and what it offers.
When i was on my honeymoon....omg, too long ago...at the Divi Tamarijn we took a boat/booze cruise over to the island for a dinner with like Mariachi band type
entertainment while we ate....this was at night, this was pretty much adults only....and i do not remember it being a daytime adventure type trek....maybe i am mis-remembering since it was 1988 but i need to know exactly WHAT is the trip to DePalm Island about these days. It was definetly a boat ride away....not by taxi or bus. Do i have the wrong name?

Jacki
06-26-2017, 12:07 PM
Very interesting :) I didn't know DePalm Island back then!