PDA

View Full Version : Small Appliances

schexc
03-05-2017, 08:57 AM
Where is the best place to purchase small appliances like toaster ovens, blenders, etc.?

act1966
03-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Price Smart. Limited selection but definitely the best prices on the island. Or bring in your checked bag - it's worth the schlep.

schexc
03-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Thanks act! We already have a membership there.

PS...my wife is the queen of schlep. She already has two one way checked bags chocked full for me to carry:(

Price Smart. Limited selection but definitely the best prices on the island. Or bring in your checked bag - it's worth the schlep.

act1966
03-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Prices at "AMC Unicon" near Ling's weren't bad either (the one near Price Smart closed). We bought our microwave and a vacuum there.

schexc
03-05-2017, 10:40 AM
I think we've been in that store too. At the time we were pricing large appliances to furnish a unit in Palma Real that we were considering.

Prices at "AMC Unicon" near Ling's weren't bad either (the one near Price Smart closed). We bought our microwave and a vacuum there.

Retagger
03-05-2017, 04:39 PM
We bought most of our appliances for our home at PriceSmart. We also bought much of our teak furniture (outdoor and indoor) at Home & Nature which is on the same road as PriceSmart. Many other things such as bedding and curtains, we brought over in our suitcases. (We get to take 4 free suitcases at 75lbs each for each United flight - so we take advantage of that).

cpjones
03-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Where is the best place to purchase small appliances like toaster ovens, blenders, etc.?

I think Act1966 owns all the blender on the island (blended drink habit).... might wanna pm him. :eek:

schexc
03-05-2017, 06:29 PM
We've already reached out to Act1966. Since he owns all of them he has agreed to rent us one when they're not on the island:)

I think Act1966 owns all the blender on the island (blended drink habit).... might wanna pm him. :eek:

act1966
03-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Rent-a-blend... hmmmm...

schexc
03-14-2017, 03:48 AM
We we went to Home and Nature yesterday. What a great store and very accommodating staff. We put a number of pieces on hold. Thank you for the recommendation!

We bought most of our appliances for our home at PriceSmart. We also bought much of our teak furniture (outdoor and indoor) at Home & Nature which is on the same road as PriceSmart. Many other things such as bedding and curtains, we brought over in our suitcases. (We get to take 4 free suitcases at 75lbs each for each United flight - so we take advantage of that).

tellme200@email.com
04-24-2017, 03:59 PM
Anybody know where the best place to purchase dishes / glasses / flatwear / etc to outfit a condo that will be rented out?

aquaman
04-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Anybody know where the best place to purchase dishes / glasses / flatwear / etc to outfit a condo that will be rented out?

There is a large Chinese wholesaler in Ponton that is open to the public. Good prices for what you are looking for. Be prepared to spend an hour or 2 navigating the place

tellme200@email.com
04-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Thank you!

There is a large Chinese wholesaler in Ponton that is open to the public. Good prices for what you are looking for. Be prepared to spend an hour or 2 navigating the place