PDA

View Full Version : Blue or Azure Residences

JohnMtl
02-06-2018, 06:05 AM
Hi!

I’d appreciate any comments, feedback or experiences that people have had with Blue or Azur.

Thanks!

Arubasurfclub
02-12-2018, 12:20 PM
owning or renting?

robin
02-12-2018, 03:30 PM
We looked there when we were looking to buy our condo. The views are spectacular! The beach is tiny, really tiny. We looked at two bedroom units which are about 1000-1100 sq. feet. Very modern design. Nice pools overlooking the ocean. Owner's closets are outside of the condo, which is great for chairs, but not for items as an owner, you'd want to keep while you are not there, such as clothing. It is gated and backs the Bubali Bird Sanctuary. They are building an Embassy Suites next to the Blue. I don't know what beach they will be using.

Nick80
06-28-2018, 12:52 PM
Anyone worried about buying at azure or harbor house? With the construction companie being mainly located in Venezuela? It is a lot of money to put out and if something where to happen and the company closes.

Jacki
06-28-2018, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum Nick!

Are you looking into Azure?

Andrea J.
06-28-2018, 01:43 PM
welcome!

are azure and harbor house owned by the same folks?

Anyone worried about buying at azure or harbor house? With the construction companie being mainly located in Venezuela? It is a lot of money to put out and if something where to happen and the company closes.

robin
06-28-2018, 01:45 PM
The same company built Blue and Oceania.

Nick80
06-28-2018, 05:10 PM
It’s the same we went last week and may get a unit just want to make sure I don’t pay a company a bunch of money and it closes shop on us. Harbor house I would say would be the first project I would see that construction would stop or slow.

robin
06-28-2018, 06:19 PM
are azure and harbor house owned by the same folks?

I just checked both sites and they are the same company.

JohnMtl
06-28-2018, 07:58 PM
We just purchased at Azure and are very happy with the project and especially the level of professionalism that we encountered with the developers and the sales staff. I have dealt with many companies in dozens of countries throughout my career and have rarely met a company that is so professional and meticulous in their procedures.

The fact that the developers are of Venezuelan origin did not concern me.
The developments are owned by PGM Condobuilders N.V an Aruban company.
The properies are in Aruba, I’m sure that their financing is with Aruban banks and the sales agreements are governed by Aruban law.

As Robin mentioned, the developers of Azure and Harbour House are the same developers as Blue and Oceania which are two very successful and respectable properties.

Frankly, I’d be more worried about dealing with some of the « Coming Soon! « developers.

- John

Nick80
06-28-2018, 09:05 PM
That is not the name on our unit hold for the company. And we are paying outright for it. But they want most money upfront for a unit that is not projected to be finished for 18 months. They have the developers on the paper work as Poundwise investments & Development VBA and I am not able to find very much info on that name.

robin
11-15-2018, 10:26 AM
Welcome!

We bought at Oceania almost 2 years ago and are spending 3 months in Aruba over the winter. The developer is still involved-came to the owners meeting. That is a positive.

The only downside I see at Harbor House is that they dock ships right in front of it, it can get very busy in that area and there is no beach.

We looked at Blue and Azure when we were shopping. I love the views, the size of the balconies, and the amenities, but the square footage of the 2 bedroom was a little small for us. It was our second choice.

I do not know anything about the other complexes.

manasr
11-14-2019, 06:24 AM
Hello,
I found lot of valuable info on the forum. Thank you to all contributors. I am looking to buy a unit at Harbour House. I reviewed the purchase/sale contract and noticed that deposit and all subsequent payments are payable directly to the developer (Poundwise Investments). Is it normal practice in Aruba to pay directly to the developer, not Lawyer in trust or Notary in trust. Builder’s account is with a Spanish bank in Miami, not in Aruba. Appreciate any comments and inputs. Thanks

JohnMtl
11-14-2019, 08:35 AM
From my experience, when buying a property which is under construction, payments are made directly to the builder.
My understanding is that is how they help finance the project as it’s being built.

It is v very different from purchasing an existing property where the funds pass through the notary and are held by the notary for a very brief period.

(Owner at Azure)

manasr
11-14-2019, 10:08 PM
From my experience, when buying a property which is under construction, payments are made directly to the builder.
My understanding is that is how they help finance the project as it’s being built.

It is v very different from purchasing an existing property where the funds pass through the notary and are held by the notary for a very brief period.

(Owner at Azure)
Thank you JohnMTL

schexc
11-15-2019, 09:20 AM
I think it depends on the builder. Our property was new construction and the builder required 10% down with the balance at closing. At closing the balance was wired to the Notary's account, which made even more confident with our decision to invest in another country. We spent six years looking at property on the island, before we committed, and almost invested in a development that is still not finished today, now many years later. At the time, the funds were being deposited in the builder's account. We are so fortunate that we did not get trapped in that project. Our best advice, is to do your homework. Do your best to make sure the builder is reputable, like the projects that John's builder is heading.

JohnMtl
11-15-2019, 10:02 AM
I think it depends on the builder. Our property was new construction and the builder required 10% down with the balance at closing. At closing the balance was wired to the Notary's account. We're on the island now, so I don't have access to the bank transfer form for the deposit, only the final payment. I'd have to look that up when we return to the states. We did not have to make any progress/construction payments, as the builder financed the whole project.

I think you’re right that it probably depends on the builder and the attractiveness of the project.
The fact that both towers at Azure practically sold out before completion pretty much proves that the requirent for payments up front were not an impediment to sales.

P.S. If you’re also on the island make sure that you check out the beach tennis tournament.

manasr
11-19-2019, 10:55 PM
I think you’re right that it probably depends on the builder and the attractiveness of the project.
The fact that both towers at Azure practically sold out before completion pretty much proves that the requirent for payments up front were not an impediment to sales.

P.S. If you’re also on the island make sure that you check out the beach tennis tournament.

I was on the island playing beach tennis tournament.
I have Harbour House price list from November 2018 and April 2019, the developer listed is PGM Condobuilders, however November 2019 price list has developer Poundwise Investments. I went 3 times over last week to Harbour House to talk with the real agent, many workers were on site at Harbour House (maybe at least 40-50), I was passing by on Sunday and also saw people working.