PDA

View Full Version : Any Canadians visiting Feb 19-27, 2019?

CanadianLovingLife!
01-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Hey single guy from Canada coming down and staying for 8 days or so before heading to Curacao. Wondering if there are any other Canadians that will be there at the same time!? Would love to connect.
Also, read previous info on where to go to find Canadian restaurant/bar owners and food etc, very nice.

Any other suggestions? Of course, don't want all Canadian info, this is my first time so really want to take in lots of the culture, local, food, drink, people etc.

Andrea J.
01-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Alfies downtown is owned by a Canadian couple!!
Poutine is on the menu ;)

Hey single guy from Canada coming down and staying for 8 days or so before heading to Curacao. Wondering if there are any other Canadians that will be there at the same time!? Would love to connect.
Also, read previous info on where to go to find Canadian restaurant/bar owners and food etc, very nice.

Any other suggestions? Of course, don't want all Canadian info, this is my first time so really want to take in lots of the culture, local, food, drink, people etc.

WaltVB
01-02-2019, 06:08 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum!

JohnMtl
01-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Oh, no!
Why did you say that?
Well, at least we bicycle when we go downtown so we’ll burn some of that off.

John (Montrealer in Aruba for most of the winter)

CanadianLovingLife!
01-03-2019, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Alfies downtown is owned by a Canadian couple!!

Hey, awesome, thanks guys, I will be sure to check that out.

CanadianLovingLife!
01-03-2019, 10:22 PM
Habs fan "JohnMtl"? If so, we may have to meet up for a beer while I am there, maybe try and catch a game somewhere on tv!!

CanadianLovingLife!
01-03-2019, 10:58 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Thank you kindly!! Trying to get as much info as I can before I get there!! Appreciate all the help!

Glenn
01-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Habs fan "JohnMtl"? If so, we may have to meet up for a beer while I am there, maybe try and catch a game somewhere on tv!!

Hey there fellow Canadian,

There is nothing quite like watching a hockey game on tv in Aruba. It just seems so surreal . It's even nicer if there aren't any of those insufferable Leaf fans around.

Have a great time!

Glenn
Winnipeg, Canada
Yes, Jets fan if you have to ask.

CanadianLovingLife!
01-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Haha, thanks Glenn!! Ya, I have enough Leaf fans around here now that sure can't shut up right about now!! I guess they have to have their day once in a million years!!!
I look forward to catching at least one game in a pub somewhere while I am there!!

Thanks for the message!

Aruba4ever
01-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Welcome to the forum- enjoy your trip!

CanadianLovingLife!
01-05-2019, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the forum- enjoy your trip!

Thank you kindly, glad to be here!!