PDA

View Full Version : Purchased in Azure

ArubaAngela
07-21-2019, 07:55 PM
After going to Aruba 29 years in a row, sometimes 3 or 4 trips a year, we decided it was time to purchase our own vacation home. We purchased a one bedroom condo in Azure and it will be completed by next May. We’re very excited about it and look forward to any advice. We will be checking out stores in Aruba for furniture, anyone have any suggestions???
Angela

Andrea J.
07-21-2019, 08:29 PM
congratulations
welcome to the aruba.com community forum
After going to Aruba 29 years in a row, sometimes 3 or 4 trips a year, we decided it was time to purchase our own vacation home. We purchased a one bedroom condo in Azure and it will be completed by next May. We’re very excited about it and look forward to any advice. We will be checking out stores in Aruba for furniture, anyone have any suggestions???
Angela

schexc
07-22-2019, 05:39 AM
Congratulations...!

Jacki
07-22-2019, 07:06 AM
Congrats!

ArubaAngela
07-22-2019, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Sue M.
07-22-2019, 10:21 PM
Congratulations. This is wonderful. I am sure it will be beautiful. Welcome to the forum.

SkiChris
07-23-2019, 06:47 AM
Congratulations, Angela.
Ashley Furniture just opened their first store in Aruba in May. I visited the store in June and they had great options for furniture and can ship in anything from their stores in the USA. The store is located on the main road (LG Smith Blvd) near the turn off for Ling and Sons supermarket. It is located next to AMC Unicon store.
https://www.facebook.com/ashleyhomestorearuba/
https://www.ashleyfurniture.com/

mvosilla
07-23-2019, 01:03 PM
Congratulations!

robin
07-23-2019, 07:43 PM
Congratulations! Welcome
to home ownership in Aruba!

ArubaAngela
07-24-2019, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the info. When we were in Aruba in May, I saw the Ashley Store but it wasn’t open yet. Today I drove by the Ashley store here in Florida and I was wondering if they would ship in from USA. My Husband will be in Aruba in September and he’s going to scope out furniture stores while there. Do you have order in Aruba and then they ship or can I go to my local,store?? I’ve been looking online at EQ3 and S Ford. S ford said if I send my floor plan they will design, but I have to buy from them. At this point, we want to check out some places. Any other helpful tips???

SkiChris
07-25-2019, 12:47 PM
Hi Angela,
For stores like EQ3 and Ashley in Aruba, they have designers who will visit your house/condo and make recommendations. We own a house so when I ordered furniture I ordered half of it from Aruba stores and the other half I ordered from furniture stores in Miami Florida and shipped it to Aruba in a shipping container (note: many stores in/around Miami Florida ship to the warehouse area for shipping container exports for free and pack the furniture on pallets so it won't get damaged during transport). Since we had a house, it was easy to park a storage container in front of it, however, since you are in a condo complex - I am not sure if that is an option for you.

ArubaAngela
07-25-2019, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the tips - since it’s only a one bedroom condo, we’ll probably purchase in Aruba.

Hi Angela,
For stores like EQ3 and Ashley in Aruba, they have designers who will visit your house/condo and make recommendations. We own a house so when I ordered furniture I ordered half of it from Aruba stores and the other half I ordered from furniture stores in Miami Florida and shipped it to Aruba in a shipping container (note: many stores in/around Miami Florida ship to the warehouse area for shipping container exports for free and pack the furniture on pallets so it won't get damaged during transport). Since we had a house, it was easy to park a storage container in front of it, however, since you are in a condo complex - I am not sure if that is an option for you.

schexc
07-25-2019, 06:08 PM
We have a one bedroom too and purchased everything on the island. I can see where it would make financial sense if you’re furnishing a whole house though.

JohnMtl
08-07-2019, 04:25 PM
Without hesitation: EQ3

ovidiu77
09-20-2019, 04:16 PM
Congratulations!!

KARENPD
09-21-2019, 11:29 AM
Congratulations! We also decided to purchase a condo after 29 years of visits. We are going to purchase everything for the condo in Aruba. When we were in Aruba in February we browsed thru Dana Interiors, SL Ford and EQ3, which all had beautiful furnishings. EQ3 took our layout and presented a design and quote all via email. We are going back the end of October and I want to see what SL Ford can present since they were in the process of relocating in February and we did not sit with a designer at that time.

schexc
09-21-2019, 12:26 PM
Congratulations! Are you also at Azure?

Congratulations! We also decided to purchase a condo after 29 years of visits. We are going to purchase everything for the condo in Aruba. When we were in Aruba in February we browsed thru Dana Interiors, SL Ford and EQ3, which all had beautiful furnishings. EQ3 took our layout and presented a design and quote all via email. We are going back the end of October and I want to see what SL Ford can present since they were in the process of relocating in February and we did not sit with a designer at that time.

JohnMtl
09-21-2019, 01:05 PM

Welcome aboard!

KARENPD
09-22-2019, 07:29 AM
We purchased at Harbour House and should be closing in May.

schexc
09-22-2019, 03:32 PM
Very nice. Same developer as Azure. We considered a purchase there as an investment but decided one property was enough for us.

We purchased at Harbour House and should be closing in May.

cuse
10-25-2019, 11:37 AM
We just visited Azure and Blue this week. Would be great if anyone else that purchased in these properties would be willing to give us some tips on purchasing and possible rental experience .
thx

SueGardner
10-25-2019, 12:42 PM
We just visited Azure and Blue this week. Would be great if anyone else that purchased in these properties would be willing to give us some tips on purchasing and possible rental experience .
thx

We rented a condo at Blue Residences for 15 months - loved our stay there - perfect location - walkable to both beaches, grocery store, bars, restaurants. Office staff are awesome. We usually stay there when we visit instead of using Redweek and having to switch rooms, we like to stay in one place. The upside is there is a washer and dryer in each condo so laundry is a breeze. We will be there in November. The pools are rarely crowded - but they do not have much shade.

WaltVB
10-26-2019, 07:15 AM
15 months? Wow!

Andrea J.
10-26-2019, 09:06 AM
welcome to your first posting Cuse.
thx