PDA

View Full Version : Travel insurance for rescheduled trips

Pegmeister
05-02-2020, 07:25 PM
For those of you that have rescheduled your trips, what are you doing about travel insurance? I generally use insuremytrip.com and I know because of the pandemic there will be changes in the policies offered. From what I am seeing it seems like policies are running a few hundred more than previously. I look for policies that offer preexisting condition waivers. What I’m seeing though is you can only purchase the waiver within 15 days of your first payment. That’s difficult since, yes I have booked Manchebo for November but haven’t booked my second resort or my airfare. I’m waiting on JetBlue to give back my points. They have already refunded the extra room and taxes.

I’m starting to think I should just give up on the thought of a November trip.

Andrea J.
05-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Peg..I am going to move this to Aruba General and title it ...Trip/Travel Insurance Post-Covid

For those of you that have rescheduled your trips, what are you doing about travel insurance? I generally use insuremytrip.com and I know because of the pandemic there will be changes in the policies offered. From what I am seeing it seems like policies are running a few hundred more than previously. I look for policies that offer preexisting condition waivers. What I’m seeing though is you can only purchase the waiver within 15 days of your first payment. That’s difficult since, yes I have booked Manchebo for November but haven’t booked my second resort or my airfare. I’m waiting on JetBlue to give back my points. They have already refunded the extra room and taxes.

Andrea J.
05-02-2020, 09:52 PM
also, there are some travel insurance plans thru credit cards.....
Peg, also find an independent insurance agent....that person may be able to help.

WaltVB
05-03-2020, 09:27 AM
We insured through Delta this year. When we changed our flights, we changed the insurance to match the dates. We did everything online.

Pegmeister
05-03-2020, 09:37 AM
Walt, and I am understanding this correctly; you were able to change the dates on the existing policy you had for May?

WaltVB
05-03-2020, 09:52 AM
Yep. When we changed the flight, we changed the insurance to match the dates. No additional cost.

Pegmeister
05-03-2020, 09:54 AM
Interesting!! I’ll take a look at my policy and see if it’s possible. Thanks.

WaltVB
05-03-2020, 10:00 AM
My pleasure!

Pegmeister
05-03-2020, 10:45 AM
Well, that worked out pretty well. Called the insurance company, not expecting anyone to answer on a Sunday, but got a customer service rep answered and he changed the dates. I did have to pay an additional $122.84 but that is still better than some of the premiums I was seeing.

WaltVB
05-03-2020, 10:57 AM
Sweet!

Pegmeister
05-03-2020, 11:00 AM
I’m pretty happy! Thanks again. This was great info!!

Andrea J.
05-03-2020, 11:30 AM
wonderful!
Well, that worked out pretty well. Called the insurance company, not expecting anyone to answer on a Sunday, but got a customer service rep answered and he changed the dates. I did have to pay an additional $122.84 but that is still better than some of the premiums I was seeing.

phrogg108
05-04-2020, 03:17 PM
We did the same: had gotten insurance when we booked with AA back in September of 2019 for our March 2020 trip. Once I rebooked our flights for October of this year, I contacted Allianz and they were able to change the dates to our new trip at no cost. I was pretty happy with their flexibility!!