PDA

View Full Version : Covid restrictions

Rubaguy62
05-24-2020, 08:15 AM
Would you wear a face covering on the beach

simmsejs
05-24-2020, 08:50 AM
Right now I would not even go to the beach!

gaby
05-24-2020, 09:23 AM
In Aruba, no. I use a sheet next to my chair for people to stay not on top of me and this is before the covid as people on cruise ships tend to want shade and move their chair closer to mine than my husband ever has. I mean their chair touching mine and I don't even know these people. In NJ, if I went to the beach, probably as they aren't the best at following social distancing. Or the alternative is if its nice out, my backyard. the water in NJ is cold, not to mention if I can't see my feet, I don't go in the water.

Andrea J.
05-24-2020, 10:12 AM
no to wearing mask on the beach OR in the water.
I would have a face mask with me though AND I would not wear one on the beach as we'd be socially/physically distant.

robin
05-24-2020, 11:31 AM
Good question. Aruba, probably not unless required. The palapas are spread far enough apart at Oceania and if we were sharing, it would be with friends. Here in NJ, it would depend on how crowds. People here have no concept of personal space. There could be a whole wide beach, but they will plop down next to you because that is where they want to be. Many time there are large groups. Kids will run over your towel or blanket to get from their parents to the water. If I even go this summer, it'll be during the week when it is less busy and I will have one with me.

LisaGrn
05-24-2020, 03:32 PM
Not in Aruba. The palapas at Manchebo are much more than six feet apart. But I would definitely have one with me and have it easily accessible if/when needed. Alas, if i'm not on a beach in Aruba this year, I doubt I'll be on one at all. And I only live a couple of miles from Long Island Sound. Given the choice, I'd be on the beach under my umbrella every day possible. But what fun would it be if constantly worried about people coming too close or it getting crowded? Good thing we have a beautiful and peaceful backyard!

Pegmeister
05-24-2020, 06:30 PM
I’m with you Lisa. We are just 10 houses from the beach but I would opt for our back yard. Can’t see myself wearing a mask at the beach. I think Robin’s post from awhile back with 2 people showing mask tan lines is more a reality than we ever thought

cpjones
05-24-2020, 06:49 PM
Nope... no mask... if I cannot keep away from people... I ain't goin'...... Never did have a problem staying away from people before...!

B Likes To Travel
05-24-2020, 11:03 PM
It’s always weird being at the jersey shore after visiting Aruba...can’t see your feet and the water just isn’t “blue”
enough!
In Aruba, no. I use a sheet next to my chair for people to stay not on top of me and this is before the covid as people on cruise ships tend to want shade and move their chair closer to mine than my husband ever has. I mean their chair touching mine and I don't even know these people. In NJ, if I went to the beach, probably as they aren't the best at following social distancing. Or the alternative is if its nice out, my backyard. the water in NJ is cold, not to mention if I can't see my feet, I don't go in the water.

Mohair
05-25-2020, 02:56 AM
I would only wear a mask in an enclosed space. We go to Eagle Beach so there is lots of room. I don't believe that covid will spread on breezy beaches like Aruba''s.

Arawak
05-25-2020, 04:55 AM
Studies have been showing that the risk of contracting covid is minimal in such an open space outside, especially one with constant wind. It's why the construction sector was the first one to open up.

WaltVB
05-25-2020, 09:40 AM
No...

RobM
05-25-2020, 10:14 AM
No I would not. If I cannot stay physically distant, I would not go, however cannot see this being a problem on Eagle Beach..

NH Mark
05-26-2020, 12:29 PM
"Would you wear a face covering on the beach?" Only if I can wear swim trunks, too. :o

almaringola
05-26-2020, 12:31 PM
I won't be wearing one at Costa linda , heck there are hardly anybody on the beach as it is and Eagle beach is big. I was heading to Wildwood Crest in August but ill skip that trip. My wife and I usually head down the Ct shore late afternoons on Sunday to eat and watch the sun set probably continue that without a mask.

Vincent
05-28-2020, 07:59 AM
....No way no mask on the beach....Unfortunately we had to cancel our July 5-12 Aruba vacation at Manchebo due to flight hassle etc. but are planning to come back Summer 2021.....was a hard decision :-(

Andrea J.
05-28-2020, 08:19 AM
it is indeed a hard decision to cancel.
So many of us have the same situation.
I much prefer that I had no choice in cancellation, aruba was closed for my May dates.

....No way no mask on the beach....Unfortunately we had to cancel our July 5-12 Aruba vacation at Manchebo due to flight hassle etc. but are planning to come back Summer 2021.....was a hard decision :-(