PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

ArubaAngela
05-29-2020, 02:14 PM
Any recommendations for insurance for my condo. This would be for inside the unit.

Andrea J.
05-29-2020, 02:33 PM
does the HOA not provide "outside" insurance?

ArubaAngela
05-29-2020, 03:48 PM
Yes they do provide outside, but I probably need inside. Have to ask them also who they recommend,

robin
05-29-2020, 05:41 PM
Yes, we have an agent in Aruba and he is very nice. He came recommended and we have been pleased. His name is Arjen deSmit and his number is 297-734-4434. My husband has his email address and he'll get it to me later today.

robin
05-30-2020, 10:41 AM
This is the agents email address: arjen@verdant-insurance.com

Sorry for the delay in getting it to you.

robin
05-30-2020, 10:47 AM
does the HOA not provide "outside" insurance?

Generally, the condo fees(at least for us and it is the same developer) cover anything studs out or if something happens like a pipe breaks in the walls it is covered. However, if someone forgets to shut off the tub and it floods the unit below you, you are responsible. Or if you have a fire(yes, there are sprinklers) or theft, etc. Insurance is inexpensive in Aruba compared to NJ.

SkiChris
05-30-2020, 11:42 AM
We use New India Insurance (we've had house insurance there for the last 7 years). We have two policies: one for the structure and one for all our belongings in the house - so the later would likely be the type you want. (by definition, if you turned your condo upside down, anything that would "fall out of it" is covered by the second policy). New India Insurance has an office located in a business park located across the street from the Tamarijn Resort, next to the Divi Resort (on Druif beach).

SkiChris
05-30-2020, 11:46 AM
One other tip for you on house Insurance: you can buy an insurance rider in the USA (from most any house Insurance company) to insure the Aruba Insurance company you choose. In other words, if for any reason the local Aruba Insurance did not make good on a valid claim for your property in Aruba, the USA insurance company would pay it. The rider is very inexpensive and well worth it for the added protection for an insurance company in another country.

ArubaAngela
05-30-2020, 01:57 PM
This is the agents email address: arjen@verdant-insurance.com

Sorry for the delay in getting it to you.

no problem. Does he have a company he works for specifically???

robin
05-30-2020, 02:15 PM
no problem. Does he have a company he works for specifically???

Our insurance is through Nagico. I think he is independent. His office is in his home.

annf
05-31-2020, 10:09 AM
After a not good experience with our original Aruba agent about 8 years ago we decided to deal directly with the insurance company ourselves...no problems! We use New India.