PDA

View Full Version : 72 hours requirement

dgray623
06-26-2020, 04:36 PM
I am wondering about the requirement that your coronavirus test saying you are free of the virus 3 days (72 hours) before you can enter Aruba. In my state I can get the test, but I don’t think the results will come back to me in that short of time. So I would have to get the test in Aruba when I arrive. I hate to do that for what if someone tested positive?

also I just an FYI for everyone I just received an e mail from American Airlines is says:
Symptom Checklist for Travelers
Beginning June 30 (https://www.aruba.com/forum/x-apple-data-detectors://0), we’ll ask all travelers during the check-in process to certify they have been free of COVID-19 symptoms for the past 14 days. This is in addition to requiring all travelers on board to wear a face covering.

Andrea J.
06-26-2020, 06:42 PM
you asked.........you asked "what if someone tested positive?" that person would be taken to an "isolation place" or if necessary a medical facility.

we all would be best served to find a testing site that has a 60 hr or less turnover.

remember though
the situation and process is very fluid and will be changing from time to time.
someone on another site mentioned Sept. 1 there may be changes.
I do not doubt that by Sept there will be some change, but the Aruba government has not made any dates public.
What I was told by the director of communications was "from time to time they would evaluate"

I am wondering about the requirement that your coronavirus test saying you are free of the virus 3 days (72 hours) before you can enter Aruba. In my state I can get the test, but I don’t think the results will come back to me in that short of time. So I would have to get the test in Aruba when I arrive. I hate to do that for what if someone tested positive?

also I just an FYI for everyone I just received an e mail from American Airlines is says:
Symptom Checklist for Travelers
Beginning June 30 (https://www.aruba.com/forum/x-apple-data-detectors://0), we’ll ask all travelers during the check-in process to certify they have been free of COVID-19 symptoms for the past 14 days. This is in addition to requiring all travelers on board to wear a face covering.

sktukfan
06-26-2020, 10:38 PM
I"m in the same position and don't want to lose $3,000 in the process of it. I may end up canceling and coming next year.

Flipflops55
06-27-2020, 08:33 AM
Hi
I'm going with family in Aug. staying in a private house exclusively. We planned this 2 years ago. Can not cancel because loss of $3000. Is anyone upset with this requirement? I personally think it is all about recouping lost money at our expense. Testing AND their insurance requirment makes no sense to me other than $$. Insurance requirement is all a scam for the "chancel that you have it". Are they going to refund my $ if I don't need it? Heck no. Free $ for them. And the test needs to be done within 72hrs. What difference does that make? I understand they think testing will make people feel like they are doing something to protect them. Wish I could reschedule.

Andrea J.
06-27-2020, 08:55 AM
welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

I think that there are plenty that are frustrated.

I have never bought an insurance policy that was refunded in the event of not being able to be used.
Have you looked into trip cancellation travel insurance? In the event of illness or smoother issues, you'd be reimbursed for having to cancel as long as it followed the trip insurance's guidelines.

I wish that you could reschedule too.
Is the person that you are renting from unable to transfer your rental time to another time period?

Hi
I'm going with family in Aug. staying in a private house exclusively. We planned this 2 years ago. Can not cancel because loss of $3000. Is anyone upset with this requirement? I personally think it is all about recouping lost money at our expense. Testing AND their insurance requirment makes no sense to me other than $$. Insurance requirement is all a scam for the "chancel that you have it". Are they going to refund my $ if I don't need it? Heck no. Free $ for them. And the test needs to be done within 72hrs. What difference does that make? I understand they think testing will make people feel like they are doing something to protect them. Wish I could reschedule.

EDMLS1358
06-27-2020, 09:27 AM
The testing is to make sure no one has the virus upon entering even though you could still come down with symptoms once on the island, hence the need for the insurance. No policy issued in the US would cover any medical issues related to Covid19 in any other country. Travel insurance would cover your lost expenses if the trip has to be cancelled for other reasons, right now insurers in the US do not recognize Covid 19 as a covered issue. Everyone everywhere is going to try to recoup lost revenue in any way possible, have you been to a grocery store lately? Just wait till your property taxes are due or motor vehicle fees, EVERYTHING is going up.

Andrea J.
06-27-2020, 10:33 AM
to be clear many people's health insurance does reimburse for covid outside of the USA.
most of the travel insurances do not.
they do not cover "pandemics"
so, that is why it is important that folks have the covid insurance that aruba provides.
it will cover medical and isolation.
a person's usa health insurance would not cover non medical isolation.

The testing is to make sure no one has the virus upon entering even though you could still come down with symptoms once on the island, hence the need for the insurance. No policy issued in the US would cover any medical issues related to Covid19 in any other country. Travel insurance would cover your lost expenses if the trip has to be cancelled for other reasons, right now insurers in the US do not recognize Covid 19 as a covered issue. Everyone everywhere is going to try to recoup lost revenue in any way possible, have you been to a grocery store lately? Just wait till your property taxes are due or motor vehicle fees, EVERYTHING is going up.

Aruba Muffy
06-29-2020, 11:21 AM
to be clear many people's health insurance does reimburse for covid outside of the USA.
most of the travel insurances do not.
they do not cover "pandemics"
so, that is why it is important that folks have the covid insurance that aruba provides.
it will cover medical and isolation.
a person's usa health insurance would not cover non medical isolation.

I'm going on September 3rd everything is already booked. Can I fill out the ED CARD any time or do you have to do it right before travel?
Thanks!
Susan

Andrea J.
06-29-2020, 12:12 PM
12 hrs before travel and no more than 72 hrs before travel.

I'm going on September 3rd everything is already booked. Can I fill out the ED CARD any time or do you have to do it right before travel?
Thanks!
Susan

Aruba Muffy
06-29-2020, 12:42 PM
Thanks so much Andrea, you've as always have been very helpful! Been going 46 consecutive years and I don't want to mess up 47!

CanadaGal
06-29-2020, 12:48 PM
Hi Andrea, my sister was tested for Covid this past Friday. (Was done at hospital so thinking the results were processed faster.) She can access the results on line, but due to security, the test will not print out her full name. The test only shows her first name and the last few numbers of her Ontario Health Card. Is this going to suffice for the upload of test results?? I don't believe there is any other way around the security redactions. What if she also uploads a copy of her health card so they can cross reference the card number? I believe this will a be a problem for most Canadians who access their results on-line.
Secondly, should one person in a group of 3 travellers test positive at the airport, and we all go into quarantine, then will the Aruba Covid Insurance cover the pre-paid fees to hotel where we had booked to stay (reimburse us?). For the hotel where we plan to stay we have to give 14 days notice of cancellation.
Thank you very much. We are trying so hard to get to our beloved Island!

sktukfan
06-29-2020, 01:00 PM
I bought the travelers insurance and only if the resort closes will you get money back.

sktukfan
06-29-2020, 01:05 PM
BSBS will cover the cost, but it's a reimbursement minus you deductible

sktukfan
06-29-2020, 01:57 PM
So I spoke with my travel agent and she says don't cancel yet. We are suppose to be staying at Barcelo Aug 23-30. She also said things could change. I would think Aurba would try and make things a little easier since Tourism is their bread and butter. I cannot find a place to do this test in that kind of timeline. Also, If we do the test there, and find out we had it, I out a vacation, time and money. I just don't know what to do!

Jacki
06-29-2020, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't cancel yet. I'm still planning on heading to Aruba in August with my family. I'm also planning on hearing the rules and regulations change at least 2 more times before then. This is all new and they need some time to really figure it all out.

Andrea J.
06-29-2020, 02:53 PM
I will ask in 7 min

Hi Andrea, my sister was tested for Covid this past Friday. (Was done at hospital so thinking the results were processed faster.) She can access the results on line, but due to security, the test will not print out her full name. The test only shows her first name and the last few numbers of her Ontario Health Card. Is this going to suffice for the upload of test results?? I don't believe there is any other way around the security redactions. What if she also uploads a copy of her health card so they can cross reference the card number? I believe this will a be a problem for most Canadians who access their results on-line.
Secondly, should one person in a group of 3 travellers test positive at the airport, and we all go into quarantine, then will the Aruba Covid Insurance cover the pre-paid fees to hotel where we had booked to stay (reimburse us?). For the hotel where we plan to stay we have to give 14 days notice of cancellation.
Thank you very much. We are trying so hard to get to our beloved Island!

CanadaGal
06-29-2020, 03:05 PM
Super. Thanks very much Andrea. It's great to know there is a 'possiblity' of getting test results in 72 hours but now it's the issue of redactions on the test form.

Andrea J.
06-29-2020, 04:31 PM
Canadagirl
I asked about the name not being on the testing results.
The answer was "Unknown", and said yes that is a problem.
They will ask the question to the proper authorities and I will hear back.

EDMLS1358
06-29-2020, 06:28 PM
I am not sure but I think that is for the health question part of the entry process. The website suggests that you start the ED card process as soon as you book but this is too far in advance. The ED card process has a few steps to complete but I dont know if you can start it then pick it up later or do you fill it out all at once. Aruba needs time to approve you for travel not sure if 72 hrs is enough. Any thoughts??

CanadaGal
06-29-2020, 07:13 PM
Canadagirl
I asked about the name not being on the testing results.
The answer was "Unknown", and said yes that is a problem.
They will ask the question to the proper authorities and I will hear back.

I get that it can be a problem, but if we submit our Health Card number that corresponds with the number on the PCR test form, maybe they will accept? When we go to the test portal on line, we first have to fill out a form with our full name and postal code, so maybe if we send that page as well (which prefaces the PCR test page) will they then accept? So page 1 has full name and postal code -once we fill out page 1, then it goes to page 2 which is the actual PCR test with surname redaction. First name is visible though. Will Aruba authority let us know if the ED CARD and PCR FORM submissions are accepted prior to travelling? Thank you for helping all of us with our questions!

Andrea J.
06-29-2020, 09:58 PM
they will let me know.
I did tell them about matching health ID numbers on all pages.
I asked earlier at the meeting and was told it probably will be a problem.

I was told more info would be forthcoming.

I get that it can be a problem, but if we submit our Health Card number that corresponds with the number on the PCR test form, maybe they will accept? When we go to the test portal on line, we first have to fill out a form with our full name and postal code, so maybe if we send that page as well (which prefaces the PCR test page) will they then accept? So page 1 has full name and postal code -once we fill out page 1, then it goes to page 2 which is the actual PCR test with surname redaction. First name is visible though. Will Aruba authority let us know if the ED CARD and PCR FORM submissions are accepted prior to travelling? Thank you for helping all of us with our questions!

CanadaGal
06-30-2020, 05:18 PM
Hi Everyone,
I see on the Minister-President of Aruba'sfacebook page that tourists are appealing to have the test period extended(they were responding to Minister-President Ms Wever-Croes' June 28 posting). Perhaps if the gov't sees numerous concerns regarding the 72 hour time frame they may extend testing period?? Worth a shot.

https://www.facebook.com/MinPresAruba (https://www.facebook.com/MinPresAruba/posts/)

brady bear
06-30-2020, 10:50 PM
Had this covid test done today.. never had this type but hoping ... it is a good one
non invasive too.
First they had you cough
open this little small swab kit
after a deep cough; you yourself swab inside the cheeks of your mouth, then continue to swab, all around your gums
then swab the roof off your mouth, and finish with a quick swab of the tongue
You yourself place in in a small valve (has a solution in it) shake it 3 times and place it in a sealed envelope.
Now I will do this every week.. it supposed to take 3 days.. however the more the testing the state or labs gets
the longer the results.
Wonder if Aruba will take this type of test. It an oral swab test.

B Likes To Travel
06-30-2020, 11:28 PM
sounds much better than having your sinuses scraped out (Ok I’m being dramatic) lol

Had this covid test done today.. never had this type but hoping ... it is a good one
non invasive too.
First they had you cough
after a deep cough; you yourself swab inside the cheeks of your mouth, then continue to swab, all around your gums
You yourself place in in a small valve (has a solution in it) shake it 3 times and place it in a sealed envelope.
Now I will do this every week.. it supposed to take 3 days.. however the more the testing the state or labs gets
the longer the results.
Wonder if Aruba will take this type of test. It an oral swab test.

robin
07-01-2020, 11:10 AM
sounds much better than having your sinuses scraped out (Ok I’m being dramatic) lol

Getting your sinuses "scraped out" sounds better than the test I had for Pertussis a few years ago-a special swab up the nose into the back of the throat.

ArubaAngela
07-01-2020, 09:20 PM
I think it has to be the nasal swab. Seems like I read that somewhere.

QUOTE=brady bear;361712]Had this covid test done today.. never had this type but hoping ... it is a good one
non invasive too.
First they had you cough
the longer the results.
Wonder if Aruba will take this type of test. It an oral swab test.[/QUOTE]

Andrea J.
07-01-2020, 09:44 PM
it HAS to be a PCR test which is nasal swab.

WaltVB
07-02-2020, 08:53 AM
To add salt to my wounds, I received this from Aruba ED card:

Hello friends of Aruba!
You are now 24 hours away from your arrival in paradise and this email serves as a very important reminder to finalize the mandatory online Embarkation/Disembarkation (ED) card process.
Please read the following information carefully as you will need to successfully complete the ED card and present it at check-in in order to be permitted to Aruba.
We acknowledge that there are now extra steps to visit Aruba, but we are in extraordinary times, and they are necessary for the safety and wellbeing of our beloved guests and our local people.
We want you to have a smooth, safe journey to Aruba, so we’ve laid out the important steps to complete the ED card process.

STEP 2: THE COVID-19 PCR NASAL/ORAL SPECIMEN SWAB TEST
At this time, like many of you, we are focusing on the health and safety of our community, visitors and our health care system. This will always remain our top priority and the driving force for decisions made regarding our borders.
Proof that you do not have Covid -19 is a mandatory requirement to enter Aruba. As currently this proof can only be provided through a negative, PCR COVID -19 test such shall be required. It is important that we have test result to confirm travelers are negative for the Coronavirus 19 as close to their arrival date as possible. For this reason, we have protocols in place that allows for the following two options for testing.
Option 1: Undergo and upload your PCR COVID-19 negative test within 72 hours to 12 hours prior to your departure
Option 2: Pre-pay PCR COVID 19 test prior to travel to Aruba

Important specifics on visitor’s PCR testing prior to travel to Aruba:
The COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test with a negative result cannot be older than 72 hours before departure to Aruba.
The COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test with a negative result must be performed by a certified lab.
Authorized PCR test applicable for Aruba is the nasal/oral specimen through PCR testing. Any other COVID-19 test (serological testing/antibody testing, antigen testing or any other blood test) will not be accepted. Option 1: Undergo and upload your PCR COVID-19 negative test within 72 hours to 12 hours prior to your departure
Your negative PCR test result should be uploaded (and undergo) within 72 hours to 12 hours of departure to minimize the chances of an individual contracting the virus prior to travel to Aruba. This is for the safety of Aruba’s visitors and local community.
You can upload a document or picture the negative test results and the results must be readable and legible.
The costs of PCR tests incurred by you in your home country is your responsibility.
Upon arrival, if you provided a proof of a negative PCR test, you will undergo an initial health screening. You will undergo a manual temperature check by a Health Worker at the Medical Post. The Health Worker will also conduct a short interview to determine any COVID-19 risks. If you are cleared, you can proceed.
Note: Children under 15 years are not required to provide a negative COVID-19 test or get the health screening when arriving in Aruba.
You will also need to purchase health insurance coverage as required by the government of Aruba, to be permitted entry to Aruba. For more information on the benefits and pricing of “Aruba Visitor Insurance” please visit XXX.

In the event that you do not have the opportunity to undergo and to upload a negative COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test not older than 72 to 12 hours prior to departure, will result in pre-paying for the PCR COVID-19 test will be administered upon arrival at the Queen Beatrix International Airport Aruba.
The fee for the COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test in Aruba is USD $75
Part of this testing procedure is that you await your COVID-19 test results in quarantine at your booked accommodation. The quarantine will be up to 24 hours and the Aruba Department of Health will make every effort to have results in 6-8 hours, in order to minimize your time in quarantine. (Full details on the on airport health screening and the government-mandated procedures for visitors showing symptoms or testing positive for COVID-19 while in Aruba, can be found at aruba.com.)
You will also need to purchase health insurance coverage as required by the government of Aruba, to be permitted entry to Aruba. For more information on the benefits and pricing of “Aruba Visitor Insurance” please visit XXX.

STEP 3: RECEIVE AN AUTOMATED APPROVAL VIA EMAIL FOR BOARDING.
Once completing all previous steps and the payment for Aruba Visitor Insurance, you will receive an automated ED card approval via email.
Important: The approved ED card documentation is required to be presented in digital or printed form, at the airline check-in, to be permitted to travel to Aruba.
You will also receive a confirmation of payment via email for the Aruba Visitor Insurance and the prepaid COVID-19 PCR test in Aruba. This email will also contain your insurance policy details.
Visitors will also receive a confirmation of payment via email for the Aruba Visitor Insurance and the prepaid COVID-19 PCR test in Aruba. This email will also contain the visitor’s insurance policy details.

We sincerely thank you in advance for diligently completing the online Embarkation/Disembarkation card process and all the extra effort needed to do so.
On behalf of the people of Aruba, we eagerly await your arrival thank you for choosing One happy island as your vacation escape. After all, you deserve some happiness!

Jacki
07-02-2020, 09:06 AM
Thanks for sharing that Walt.

LK1
07-02-2020, 09:07 AM
WaltVB. Im guessing you are heading to Aruba in the next 24 hours. Im from Canada. Did you get a test done? if so did you wait long before you received the results? I know things are different between our countries when it comes to testing. Thanks.

Andrea J.
07-02-2020, 09:10 AM
sadly, Walt's trip was cancelled .
usa residents cannot get into AUA til July 10.

WaltVB. Im guessing you are heading to Aruba in the next 24 hours. Im from Canada. Did you get a test done? if so did you wait long before you received the results? I know things are different between our countries when it comes to testing. Thanks.

Andrea J.
07-02-2020, 09:11 AM
canada girl

the full name must appear on all pages of the PCR test results

Andrea J.
07-02-2020, 09:12 AM
ditto to what jacki says!

many of us wanted to see the whole thing from immigration dept.

boy I wish you and pam could be there.

thanks

To add salt to my wounds, I received this from Aruba ED card:

Hello friends of Aruba!
You are now 24 hours away from your arrival in paradise and this email serves as a very important reminder to finalize the mandatory online Embarkation/Disembarkation (ED) card process.
Please read the following information carefully as you will need to successfully complete the ED card and present it at check-in in order to be permitted to Aruba.
We acknowledge that there are now extra steps to visit Aruba, but we are in extraordinary times, and they are necessary for the safety and wellbeing of our beloved guests and our local people.
We want you to have a smooth, safe journey to Aruba, so we’ve laid out the important steps to complete the ED card process.

STEP 2: THE COVID-19 PCR NASAL/ORAL SPECIMEN SWAB TEST
At this time, like many of you, we are focusing on the health and safety of our community, visitors and our health care system. This will always remain our top priority and the driving force for decisions made regarding our borders.
Proof that you do not have Covid -19 is a mandatory requirement to enter Aruba. As currently this proof can only be provided through a negative, PCR COVID -19 test such shall be required. It is important that we have test result to confirm travelers are negative for the Coronavirus 19 as close to their arrival date as possible. For this reason, we have protocols in place that allows for the following two options for testing.
Option 1: Undergo and upload your PCR COVID-19 negative test within 72 hours to 12 hours prior to your departure

Important specifics on visitor’s PCR testing prior to travel to Aruba:
The COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test with a negative result cannot be older than 72 hours before departure to Aruba.
The COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test with a negative result must be performed by a certified lab.
Authorized PCR test applicable for Aruba is the nasal/oral specimen through PCR testing. Any other COVID-19 test (serological testing/antibody testing, antigen testing or any other blood test) will not be accepted. Option 1: Undergo and upload your PCR COVID-19 negative test within 72 hours to 12 hours prior to your departure
Your negative PCR test result should be uploaded (and undergo) within 72 hours to 12 hours of departure to minimize the chances of an individual contracting the virus prior to travel to Aruba. This is for the safety of Aruba’s visitors and local community.
You can upload a document or picture the negative test results and the results must be readable and legible.
The costs of PCR tests incurred by you in your home country is your responsibility.
Upon arrival, if you provided a proof of a negative PCR test, you will undergo an initial health screening. You will undergo a manual temperature check by a Health Worker at the Medical Post. The Health Worker will also conduct a short interview to determine any COVID-19 risks. If you are cleared, you can proceed.
Note: Children under 15 years are not required to provide a negative COVID-19 test or get the health screening when arriving in Aruba.

In the event that you do not have the opportunity to undergo and to upload a negative COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test not older than 72 to 12 hours prior to departure, will result in pre-paying for the PCR COVID-19 test will be administered upon arrival at the Queen Beatrix International Airport Aruba.
The fee for the COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test in Aruba is USD $75
Part of this testing procedure is that you await your COVID-19 test results in quarantine at your booked accommodation. The quarantine will be up to 24 hours and the Aruba Department of Health will make every effort to have results in 6-8 hours, in order to minimize your time in quarantine. (Full details on the on airport health screening and the government-mandated procedures for visitors showing symptoms or testing positive for COVID-19 while in Aruba, can be found at aruba.com.)

STEP 3: RECEIVE AN AUTOMATED APPROVAL VIA EMAIL FOR BOARDING.
Once completing all previous steps and the payment for Aruba Visitor Insurance, you will receive an automated ED card approval via email.
Important: The approved ED card documentation is required to be presented in digital or printed form, at the airline check-in, to be permitted to travel to Aruba.
You will also receive a confirmation of payment via email for the Aruba Visitor Insurance and the prepaid COVID-19 PCR test in Aruba. This email will also contain your insurance policy details.
Visitors will also receive a confirmation of payment via email for the Aruba Visitor Insurance and the prepaid COVID-19 PCR test in Aruba. This email will also contain the visitor’s insurance policy details.

We sincerely thank you in advance for diligently completing the online Embarkation/Disembarkation card process and all the extra effort needed to do so.
On behalf of the people of Aruba, we eagerly await your arrival thank you for choosing One happy island as your vacation escape. After all, you deserve some happiness!

LisaGrn
07-02-2020, 10:06 AM
Thanks for posting this, Walt (and sorry you and Pam won't be giving us your wonderful trip reports this year). I'm going to print it for myself.

But what's Step 1? It's funny that it starts with Step 2. Maybe Step 1 is "you've made the decision to come to Aruba". LOL!

Andrea J.
07-02-2020, 10:23 AM
Step 1
(I think is where) you enter your flight numbers, name, passport #'s and dates.
It can be done as soon as you make an "Aruba plan"

I think that once you begin step 2 you are on the 72 hour countdown!

WaltVB
07-02-2020, 10:33 AM
Step 1
(I think is where) you enter your flight numbers, name, passport #'s and dates.
It can be done as soon as you make an "Aruba plan"

I think that once you begin step 2 you are on the 72 hour countdown!

Correct. First you fill out the usual stuff, then they send you the communication I posted within 24 hours of departure. We should be sitting in the Club ATL right now.

LisaGrn
07-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Makes sense. **sigh** I'd already done my ED form back when I made my Sept. rez in January. Wonder if I'll be doing a new one at the end of August. :-(

When you print it all out, it's kind of intimidating! But very well spelled out. I continue to be impressed with how carefully and responsibly Aruba is handling all this.

ArubaAngela
07-02-2020, 11:15 PM
Andrea, what if you get your test results after the 12 hours?? Can you bring them and show them when you arrive in Aruba? The way it reads, if you don’t upload the negative test, you pay for the PCR test. I wonder if they would still make you test in Aruba when you land.

Andrea J.
07-02-2020, 11:32 PM
the PCR result must be digitally uploaded at the ED site.
there is no other way.....cannot bring it on paper and hand it in to someone.
if you choose to get the PCR test in Aruba, it is done at the airport.

if your test is NOT uploaded 12 hrs prior to flight you are required to be tested in Aruba.

Unfortunately......just those 2 options exist at this point.

Andrea, what if you get your test results after the 12 hours?? Can you bring them and show them when you arrive in Aruba? The way it reads, if you don’t upload the negative test, you pay for the PCR test. I wonder if they would still make you test in Aruba when you land.

brady bear
07-03-2020, 11:21 AM
Dumb question
What about cruise ships coming in for the day?
we are supposed to go in Feb; i know it's far away but friends want to know

Andrea J.
07-03-2020, 11:22 AM
no test required for one day visitors

Dumb question
What about cruise ships coming in for the day?
we are supposed to go in Feb; i know it's far away but friends want to know

brady bear
07-03-2020, 11:41 AM
Andrea
thank you.. Sort of crazy huh? All those people from everywhere
Now Puerto Rico is requesting pre testing.

EDMLS1358
07-03-2020, 02:27 PM
Did this change, originally they said you could upload or bring the result with you.

Andrea J.
07-03-2020, 02:50 PM
I do not believe that they ever said that you could bring the results with you.

Did this change, originally they said you could upload or bring the result with you.

ArubaAngela
07-03-2020, 09:35 PM
Ok thanks

Andrea J.
07-04-2020, 02:37 PM
UPDATE ON PCR TESTING REQUIREMENTSAs a country that is heavily reliant on tourism, we are continually assessing a variety of risks and protections to ensure our safeguards and protocols meet the highest standard. Creating a safe environment for our residents and guests is of the utmost importance to us.
To increase safety measure for the health and wellbeing of travelers and our locals, visitors from the United States residing in:

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Iowa
Kansas
Louisiana
Mississippi
Nevada
North Carolina
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Wisconsin
Wyoming

will still be able to travel to Aruba. However, as of July 10th, travelers from the states listed above must take a PCR test and upload their test results as part of the online Embarkation/Disembarkation process prior to departure. Travelers can get tested within the 72-hour period prior to their direct departure flight time to Aruba, and they must upload the results to the online Embarkation/Disembarkation process at least 12-hours prior to their direct departure flight time to Aruba. Travelers from the states listed above states will not be able to upload results after that point, meaning that they cannot travel to Aruba.
Travelers residing in states listed above will not have the option to be tested upon arrival at the airport in Aruba.
All other United States visitors that reside in states not listed above still have the option of taking a PCR test at their own expense upon arrival at the airport in Aruba, or can upload the PCR test in the 72-hour window.
We recognize this causes an extra step for those wanting to travel, and also know not everyone will be able to have access to this test in their state. These are necessary safeguards designed to keep Aruba safe and free of health risks.
Please continue to check this Traveler Health Requirements page for updates.

schexc
07-04-2020, 02:58 PM
I'm sure this is all going to be subject to change, depending on the uptick or down tick of reported cases in individual states.

Andrea J.
07-04-2020, 03:01 PM
As a country that is heavily reliant on tourism, we are continually assessing a variety of risks and protections to ensure our safeguards and protocols meet the highest standard. Creating a safe environment for our residents and guests is of the utmost importance to us.

To increase safety measure for the health and wellbeing of travelers and our locals, visitors from the United States residing in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, Wyoming will still be able to travel to Aruba. However, as of July 10th, travelers from the states listed above must take a PCR test and upload their test results as part of the online Embarkation/Disembarkation process. Travelers can get tested within the 72-hour period prior to their direct departure flight time to Aruba, and they must upload the results to the online Embarkation/Disembarkation process at least 12-hours prior to flight departure. Travelers will not be able to upload results after that point, meaning that they cannot travel to Aruba. Travelers from the states listed above will not have the option to be tested upon arrival at the airport in Aruba.

All other United States visitors that reside in states not listed above still have the option of taking a PCR test at their own expense upon arrival at the airport in Aruba, or can upload the PCR test in the 72-hour window.

We recognize this causes an extra step for those wanting to travel, and also know not everyone will be able to have access to this test in their state. These are necessary safeguards designed to keep Aruba safe and free of health risks.

Please visit Aruba.com for detailed information on our updates to U.S. traveler protocol.

Q&A on U.S. Reopening:

1. What changes are being made to the process for travelers from non-US locations?
Travelers can get tested within the 72-hour period prior to their direct departure flight time to Aruba and then upload test results as part of their online Embarkation/Disembarkation process. The results must be uploaded at least 12-hours prior to flight departure time, and travelers will not be able to upload results after that point. (*Please note that the testing/swab, not just the results, must be conducted in the 72-hour period prior to reaching Aruba; additionally, the cost of PCR tests in home countries are the responsibility of travelers.) Upon arrival, these passengers will still be screened with a short health status interview and a temperature check.

As was the case already, anybody who does not complete this process will be required to be tested upon arrival at the airport and immediately quarantine up to 24-hours pending confirmation of a negative result. The Department of Public Health will make every effort to have results in 6-8 hours, in order to minimize the visitors’ time in quarantine.

NOTE: These time periods apply to travelers' flights to Aruba, any prior connecting flights are not in consideration for these timeframes.

2. What changes are being made regarding travelers from the United States?

It is important that we have testing to confirm travelers are negative for coronavirus as close to their arrival as possible, so we are requiring a PCR test within 72-hours of departure to minimize the chances of an individual contracting the virus ahead of travel to Aruba. We are also requiring that the negative test result be uploaded to our online Embarkation/Disembarkation process at least 12-hours prior to flight departure. Travelers will not be able to upload results after that point and, in turn, must take a PCR test at their own expense upon arrival at the airport.

For travelers coming from the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin, Wyoming in the United States, they will be required to upload their negative PCR test results as part of the online Embarkation/Disembarkation process. There will be no option to be tested at the airport upon arrival in Aruba.

NOTE: These time periods apply to travelers' flights to Aruba, any prior connecting flights are not in consideration for these timeframes.

3. What if a traveler has a connecting flight through one of the identified states?
During the Embarkation/Disembarkation process, all visitors will be asked to list their permanent home address (your current physical address).This address will be used to identify whether the visitor is traveling from one of the identified states that require a negative PCR test prior to arrival in Aruba.

Visitors that have a connecting flight stopping in one of the identified states will not be impacted.

4. Will this impact the number of travelers?

We are hopeful that we will see a substantial number of visitors in the near-term, and are confident that we can provide a safe and welcoming environment for our guests.

brady bear
07-04-2020, 06:00 PM
I am trying to stay positive
.. but it's not looking good for some of us.
hopefully this will change.

Aruba Muffy
07-04-2020, 08:11 PM
I am trying to stay positive
.. but it's not looking good for some of us.
hopefully this will change.

I'm leaving on Sept 3rd and hoping for the best! What about NY travelers?

Andrea J.
07-04-2020, 08:19 PM
NY is not on the list!

you folks in NY and New England are doing it right!!

I'm leaving on Sept 3rd and hoping for the best! What about NY travelers?

ArubaAce
07-04-2020, 09:08 PM
NY is not on the list!

you folks in NY and New England are doing it right!! Yup 3 months indoors, booze and food deliveries and the Governors worked together NY, NJ, CT. Hopefully I will make my trip in Sep to Aruba..

brady bear
07-04-2020, 11:24 PM
Andrea
We need to get rid of our governor.
Im doing everything possible to stay safe
Worked the front line able to have negative test
Brought nothing home
I'm moving back to Massachusetts just temporarily. Lol

EDMLS1358
07-05-2020, 05:15 PM
Lets hope NY stays the way it is. I dont want to cancel another trip

Andrea J.
07-05-2020, 05:44 PM
I have words about that man, and his orange idol, but to for this site.
Part of the job is to keep us safe.
That is not happening.
Aruba is smart for protecting her people.
Andrea
We need to get rid of our governor.
Im doing everything possible to stay safe
Worked the front line able to have negative test
Brought nothing home
I'm moving back to Massachusetts just temporarily. Lol

robin
07-05-2020, 05:54 PM
That is not happening.

Agreed! It seems that Aruba's people are also doing what they need to do to keep safe.

brady bear
07-06-2020, 02:24 AM
That is not happening.

Don't think I am allow to say what I think... "am I?"
Would love to see one of the clowns step up and do something
that any of the "front liners are doing.... bag groceries, go visit a hospital, nursing home or what ever
they are sitting in the "houses us taxpayer pay for"
the only "good" thing is that "I am making good money. But I am starting to
get tired." Actually closed my eyes last night for 30 minutes.. was dreaming what woke me up..lol

Jacki
07-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Getting worried about my sisters in law traveling from CA....but we have a month to go and so many things can change by then.

Kent-ArubaBob
07-06-2020, 03:40 PM
I feel your pain Walt. Since I am a Resident of Aruba, I was going to fly to Canada last week and take a non stop to Aruba. Well 3 days before, Air Cananda cancelled it. So now I will hopefully go from the States here this weekend. Sounds like I might be one of the first ones on the board to get there. Hopefully I will remember to report back.

charterprincess
07-06-2020, 06:02 PM
Hello all! Its been a while since I have been on the forum. I was catching up on some today. I'm flying back down July 10 from USA....I was reading through this forum and saw there were posts today and thought I would share this letter since the new requirements aren't shown/discussed. There is no more option of taking test in Aruba upon arrival for several USA states. You have to upload negative test prior to flying down. It's the same info that's on this site for the most part. 8293

Andrea J.
07-06-2020, 06:20 PM
please update us of your progress and how it worked out going thru the immigration and health screening.

yup that letter is posted in another thread AND on the main aruba.com site.

Hello all! Its been a while since I have been on the forum. I was catching up on some today. I'm flying back down July 10 from USA....I was reading through this forum and saw there were posts today and thought I would share this letter since the new requirements aren't shown/discussed. There is no more option of taking test in Aruba upon arrival for several USA states. You have to upload negative test prior to flying down. It's the same info that's on this site for the most part. 8293

Andrea J.
07-06-2020, 06:32 PM
charter princess and all
please visit this site (our homepage link)
for the updated info.
and there WILL be updates along the way.

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

charterprincess
07-06-2020, 06:43 PM
I was just reading through that string about the PCR tests :) and I see the letter I attached is blurry. It was from the Director of Civil Aviation in Aruba,addressed to All Aircraft Operators operating into Aruba from the USA - outlining requirements our passengers need to follow before flying to Aruba. (pretty much the same as on this site.).

Personally, I am set up for 2 tests at clinics (one tomorrow & other Wed), then have fda authorized self test kits authorized from labcorp & "lets get checked" that we will be taking tomorrow and overnighting to their lab. Labcorp says 1-2 days for results. "let's get checked" states once received back by them, you get your results in 24 hours. Fingers crossed we get the results back in time. I can keep you updated on our progress if you would like.

Andrea J.
07-06-2020, 06:54 PM
here is another thread

https://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/update-pcr-testing-requirements-73128/#post361865

ArubaAngela
07-06-2020, 10:30 PM
I totally agree Andrea. Since I’m in Florida, having a hard time finding a place to get results back in the timeframe. Still working on it for my trip 7/26!!

That is not happening.

ArubaAngela
07-06-2020, 10:36 PM
Charter princess - please update. I will probably have to do LabCorp or let’s get checked. Found that one today. Let me know how long results take. Thanks

charterprincess
07-07-2020, 02:23 PM
Charter princess - please update. I will probably have to do LabCorp or let’s get checked. Found that one today. Let me know how long results take. Thanks

I had posted this on the “sharing pcr test” string:

Alrighty!! Just completed our 1st CVS drive thru test - (which there was no charge for either of us - I used insurance & my hubby did not).
I made sure our names on the test match our passports. (BTW - the tech did not even ask for identification)
And I am happy to report the CVS test is LITERALLY the same as the home test I ordered from Labcorp. Everything is identical. Labcorp is processing CVS's test, too. So now it is a race on which will get faster test results - if there is any precedence for mailing the home test back vs testing centers sending theirs in. I didn't get a chance to see where CVS mails it to. Also - the home kits & CVS are the "less invasive" tests, you swab the lower nostril.

i had called the hospital and asked for rapid testing and they gave me # to a site that offers testing for travelers. “Access 365 urgent care.” They are more expensive and insurance is not accepted if you are getting tested for traveling. It was $199/test but if 2 or more people taking it, they drop to $149/each. They only service residents of martin & st lucie county. We had 11:30 am appts there and they said we should have results back thurs eve. That test was the invasive nasal swab and throat Swab (not fun).

https://access365urgentcare.com/covid-19-testing/

All our tests are done & on way for processing! The Race is on! Place your bets!

Tim nel
07-07-2020, 05:41 PM
I am really upset as I own a home on the island and because I am from Florida and have to get a PCR test 72 hours befor I land on the island. This would mean I would have to get test results in less than 60 hours because you have to post them 12 hours before your flight. Originally I was going to pay the 125.00ea and have the test taken when arriving on the island. Now the airline only wants to give me a credit. Look I don't mind paying for the test and insurance but I am upset that the Aruba Government changed the rules at the last minute, I was planing to take the test on arrival because all of the testing in Florida can not guarantee results in less than 60 hours!!

Andrea J.
07-07-2020, 06:07 PM
I understand. We all do and it is frustrating and stressful.
Wishing all of us from Florida well.
It is really frustrating Tim Nel.
It is a whole new experience and the last minute changes are a tough pill to swallow.

I am really upset as I own a home on the island and because I am from Florida and have to get a PCR test 72 hours befor I land on the island. This would mean I would have to get test results in less than 60 hours because you have to post them 12 hours before your flight. Originally I was going to pay the 125.00ea and have the test taken when arriving on the island. Now the airline only wants to give me a credit. Look I don't mind paying for the test and insurance but I am upset that the Aruba Government changed the rules at the last minute, I was planing to take the test on arrival because all of the testing in Florida can not guarantee results in less than 60 hours!!

CanadaGal
07-07-2020, 06:27 PM
Dear Andrea, a bit confused about the 72 hours requirement.
1. Does the time frame that the ATA has posted mean we can upload the results 72 hours, PLUS 12 hour allowance, before departing to Aruba
2. OR upload 72 hours, MINUS 12 hours, before departure (so test results would have to come back within 60 hours)
Thank you. CG

Andrea J.
07-07-2020, 06:53 PM
Minus the 12.

Dear Andrea, a bit confused about the 72 hours requirement.
1. Does the time frame that the ATA has posted mean we can upload the results 72 hours, PLUS 12 hour allowance, before departing to Aruba
2. OR upload 72 hours, MINUS 12 hours, before departure (so test results would have to come back within 60 hours)
Thank you. CG

CanadaGal
07-07-2020, 08:35 PM
Minus the 12.

Thank you Andrea.

LK1
07-07-2020, 09:58 PM
I’m all for precautions for tourist coming back to Aruba. They want everyone to be safe. But the 72 hr requirement for a test could be impossible to obtain. So the other option is a test in Aruba. Could it be a cash grab. Just saying.

brady bear
07-08-2020, 12:57 AM
negative right?

just wait a few weeks.....things may change.

Yes negative; universal precaution.. Wear your mask; wash, wash, wash hands; use paper towels to open doors; I use Odor Ban it's 99.9 % disinfected; spray it on my uniform after each room, spray all door handles, side rails, (good for fabric... so I even spray the residents bedding) put mask on them when I am in the rooms too. maybe a little too precautions

brady bear
07-08-2020, 12:59 AM
My doctor told me test will be different and faster as time goes by.
still thinking positive;

Andrea J.
07-08-2020, 01:11 AM
Good job
Yes negative; universal precaution.. Wear your mask; wash, wash, wash hands; use paper towels to open doors; I use Odor Ban it's 99.9 % disinfected; spray it on my uniform after each room, spray all door handles, side rails, (good for fabric... so I even spray the residents bedding) put mask on them when I am in the rooms too. maybe a little too precautions

ArubaAce
07-08-2020, 09:30 AM
Does anyone know how much it will cost to take the test in Aruba flying from NY? Also the length of time at the airport to take the test?

EDMLS1358
07-08-2020, 09:52 AM
THE TEST IN Aruba only takes a few minutes and they say they should have the results back in 6 to 8 hrs. You dont have to wait at the airport for the results.

Andrea J.
07-08-2020, 09:54 AM
$75

i have been told that folks should expect about an hour of health screening/testing.
let’s watch how things progress this week with the first USA flights starting !!QUOTE=ArubaAce;362015]Does anyone know how much it will cost to take the test in Aruba flying from NY? Also the length of time at the airport to take the test?[/QUOTE]

brady bear
07-08-2020, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know how much it will cost to take the test in Aruba flying from NY? Also the length of time at the airport to take the test?

I believe test is done at AUA
cost is $90.00 results 6-8 hrs; you do get to
stay where plan on; must quarantine till results gets back.

EDMLS1358
07-08-2020, 09:56 AM
It started out at 75 then went to 90 then back to 75.

EDMLS1358
07-08-2020, 09:58 AM
I am in NY also and my issue is if we can get the results back in time( dont think so ), we might just get the test in Aruba and avoid all the hassles. By the time the test is administered and you get out of the airport and reach your lodgings etc. the result should by in soon after.

almaringola
07-09-2020, 01:57 PM
My question would be , Do I need to stay in my room during that period of time during quarantine ? And how long will the lines be to take the test and /or testing process?

LisaGrn
07-09-2020, 07:26 PM
Per the government's guidelines, you have to quarantine in​ your lodging room. Could be up to 24 hours but they anticipate 6-8. I believe it states average of one hour at the airport, but I'd assume that depends on the number of people arriving. Andrea, please correct me if I'm wrong!

Andrea J.
07-09-2020, 10:18 PM
yes you must quarantine in your room/timeshare/condo/house.
the turnaround for testing in Aruba is less than 24 hrs.
(I have been told by someone at the ATA that it should not be more than 7 hrs)

re: the lines and time at the airport
the practice runs they have done and the flight from Holland a couple of days ago......
about 1 hr 30 min

yes Lisa!!!

My question would be , Do I need to stay in my room during that period of time during quarantine ? And how long will the lines be to take the test and /or testing process?