PDA

View Full Version : Us covid control

Rubaguy62
06-27-2020, 10:29 PM
With so many states still having increasing covid cases and not enforcing mask use and social distancing I wouldn't be surprised if the US gets banned from travel to aruba

Aruba4ever
06-27-2020, 10:33 PM
Sadly we have tons of people making poor decisions that are effecting all of us.

cpjones
06-27-2020, 10:50 PM
With so many states still having increasing covid cases and not enforcing mask use and social distancing I wouldn't be surprised if the US gets banned from travel to aruba

Agree... months... IMHO

ArubaAce
06-28-2020, 09:21 AM
With so many states still having increasing covid cases and not enforcing mask use and social distancing I wouldn't be surprised if the US gets banned from travel to aruba True. Already there are discussions about Europe (Paris) not opening up to US.

Andrea J.
06-28-2020, 09:35 AM
Keep and eye on the EU (European Union) and Holland is a member.
The EU is leaning toward disallowing USA visitors into their countries........... Wondering if a denial of Americans into Holland will have any kind of consequence of Americans in Aruba.

(I guess that is yet another question for my list!)

brady bear
06-28-2020, 11:33 AM
Thanks Andrea
What ever happens, there's a reason for it
Still thinking positive

Arawak
06-28-2020, 12:23 PM
Keep and eye on the EU (European Union) and Holland is a member.
The EU is leaning toward disallowing USA visitors into their countries........... Wondering if a denial of Americans into Holland will have any kind of consequence of Americans in Aruba.

(I guess that is yet another question for my list!)

It won't. Aruba is not a part of the EU acquis and as such is not (directly) affected by its decisions. Aruba will first ban specific states rather than banning entry from the US as a whole. The area where we get most of our tourists from is the NE and they seem to have it reasonably under control now. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a ban for the other states soon. The government also announced that if we see an increase in cases in Aruba again, masks will become mandatory.

Andrea J.
06-28-2020, 12:28 PM
are masks no longer required (but suggested) in stores ?

hmmm I live in florida....... a giant Petri dish full of ignorant jerks.

It won't. Aruba is not a part of the EU acquis and as such is not (directly) affected by its decisions. Aruba will first ban specific states rather than banning entry from the US as a whole. The area where we get most of our tourists from is the NE and they seem to have it reasonably under control now. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a ban for the other states soon. The government also announced that if we see an increase in cases in Aruba again, masks will become mandatory.

Arawak
06-28-2020, 12:45 PM
are masks no longer required (but suggested) in stores ?

I might've already forgot, but I don't think masks were ever completely mandatory. Only for certain establishments like the hospital or businesses that made that a requirement themselves(which were plenty). At this time pretty much no one is wearing a mask. There was/is a lot of emphasis on physical distancing. By the time the world got around to realizing the benefit of mask wearing, Aruba already had zero cases.

Traceyd14
06-28-2020, 01:21 PM

It seems American Airlines has the most flights in the beginning coming in through Miami. We will all be watching closely to see what happens if they go the direction of "certain states". Aruba is doing a great job with protecting their residents. We will continue to wait and see.

EDMLS1358
06-28-2020, 06:48 PM
Right now everything is up in the air and will probably change many times over the next few weeks. We are not going till Oct. so by then hopefully most of the states will have their act together. Being from NY I know what a hassle all of this is going to be for those other states having issues now. Wearing masks is a small price to pay in order to be a little safe, its not a cure all but it helps.

shariuno
06-28-2020, 08:08 PM
All package holidays via TUI from the UK are cancelled for the rest of the year :( I think it is because they say they are only flying to countries where there is no chance of quarantine on arrival at your destination and on return back to the UK.
In the UK the government are discussing agreements with other countries where the rates are low and therefore no requirement for quarantine.

I am so very disappointed that we wot be able to visit Aruba this year, we've been going for 14 consecutive years so it feels strange not to be going. We were working up to our 20 year visitor certificate - Does anyone know if my consecutive years of travel will now be lost?

Aruba4ever
06-28-2020, 08:48 PM
We met 2 pilots from AA today walking the docks. They both said how stressful their job has become and they HATE it at this point.
It seems American Airlines has the most flights in the beginning coming in through Miami. We will all be watching closely to see what happens if they go the direction of "certain states". Aruba is doing a great job with protecting their residents. We will continue to wait and see.