PDA

View Full Version : How were the "hot states" chosen?

Mohair
07-16-2020, 03:12 AM
Does anyone know on what basis Aruba chose the states that must have a PCR test before departure?

Andrea J.
07-16-2020, 09:11 AM
the decisions were all based around the numbers/the math.
the numbers, the curve and the flattening were all taken into consideration.

Does anyone know on what basis Aruba chose the states that must have a PCR test before departure?

Mohair
07-16-2020, 04:23 PM
the decisions were all based around the numbers/the math.
the numbers, the curve and the flattening were all taken into consideration.

Thanks for your answer, but which numbers were used to single out these states? Specifically, was it new cases, active cases, percentage of new cases? New York, for example, has the third most active cases but is not on the list. Aruba had to make some very fine calculations to put Wyoming, for example, on the list, but to leave Massachusetts off.

WaltVB
07-17-2020, 12:09 PM
Mohair... Andrea, Jackie and I are moderators of the Aruba.com community forum. I realize you and others think that we know exactly why Aruba is doing the things they are. But the reality is we just post info given to us by Aruba.com and Andrea is in contact with them daily. We don't set the policy, the Aruba government does. And for us to speculate on the whys and whats and what-ifs would be irresponsible and ill-considered. So while we value your input and participation in our little forum, we just can't answer all of the questions regarding your home state or that of anyone else. Remember, don't shoot the messengers...:D:D

EDMLS1358
07-17-2020, 12:53 PM
Thanks for your answer, but which numbers were used to single out these states? Specifically, was it new cases, active cases, percentage of new cases? New York, for example, has the third most active cases but is not on the list. Aruba had to make some very fine calculations to put Wyoming, for example, on the list, but to leave Massachusetts off.

New Yorks cases have gone down significantly and we now have one of the lowest infection rates in the country. Everything is based on % of positive cases per population. CDC guidelines or WHO if not in US

Mohair
07-17-2020, 02:56 PM
Mohair... Andrea, Jackie and I are moderators of the Aruba.com community forum. I realize you and others think that we know exactly why Aruba is doing the things they are. But the reality is we just post info given to us by Aruba.com and Andrea is in contact with them daily. We don't set the policy, the Aruba government does. And for us to speculate on the whys and whats and what-ifs would be irresponsible and ill-considered. So while we value your input and participation in our little forum, we just can't answer all of the questions regarding your home state or that of anyone else. Remember, don't shoot the messengers...:D:D

Walt, I was not being critical of anyone, far from it. I just wanted to know if there was a specific formula. I appreciate what the moderators of this forum do for all of us. :D:D