PDA

View Full Version : They are NOT messing around with the Quarantine Instructions

Andrea J.
07-22-2020, 08:54 PM

Enjoy ;)

Mohair
07-22-2020, 10:27 PM

Enjoy ;)

Thanks for posting this. I am glad that they are very serious about the quarantine.

annf
07-23-2020, 08:42 AM
The problem in my view is who will know if tourists stop at the grocery store, etc on the way to their resort? In addition who is making sure they remain in their room?

Andrea J.
07-23-2020, 09:21 AM
I know.
there is a lot to be said about the "honor system"

The problem in my view is who will know if tourists stop at the grocery store, etc on the way to their resort? In addition who is making sure they remain in their room?

elephant_guy
07-23-2020, 09:32 AM

Interesting (but worrying) point anff....

I'd just put a Policeman in Superfood / PriceSmart car park and look out for a "V" Visitor license plate with suitcases in the back... :D:eek: .It's more than a 50/50 that they are arriving tourists as who buys groceries as they are leaving the island....? Hope they hit them with a doozy of a fine too...

There really is no excuse for putting a whole island and your fellow tourists at risk just because 'you' think you don't have the virus. Maybe they just don't care. This is exactly why the virus is taking hold as bad as it is in certain places recently. That "Me me me ...." attitude is why we are all in the state we are in now.... Would it really be that hard to bring enough snacks/food to see them through one day. Also the testing looks like it's coming through in mere hours not even a full day.

Sorry if it sounds like I've got on my soapbox, but if people are doing it and get caught - Hit them hard I say...

ArubaAce
07-23-2020, 10:09 AM
In NY the Governor put something in place that if you are returning back from one of the hot states you are required to quarantine for 14 days. However, they are using the honor system which not everyone follows. I have a friend who traveled from NY to Miami back to NY and a week later to Orlando, back to NY and a week later to Virginia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico and then back to NY. Number of quarantine days, ZERO....Not good!!!!

Our Governor did add some extra measure requiring that passengers fill out a form indicating where they traveled on a return flight which the airlines will distribute. Lets see how that goes...

robin
07-23-2020, 10:11 AM
Interesting (but worrying) point anff....

I'd just put a Policeman in Superfood / PriceSmart car park and look out for a "V" Visitor license plate with suitcases in the back... :D:eek: .It's more than a 50/50 that they are arriving tourists as who buys groceries as they are leaving the island....? Hope they hit them with a doozy of a fine too...

There really is no excuse for putting a whole island and your fellow tourists at risk just because 'you' think you don't have the virus. Maybe they just don't care. This is exactly why the virus is taking hold as bad as it is in certain places recently. That "Me me me ...." attitude is why we are all in the state we are in now.... Would it really be that hard to bring enough snacks/food to see them through one day. Also the testing looks like it's coming through in mere hours not even a full day.

Sorry if it sounds like I've got on my soapbox, but if people are doing it and get caught - Hit them hard I say...

The problem with that is there are plenty of people who are tested before going and can stop and pick up groceries or there are those who will go to their hotel, condo, etc. unload the suitcases and then go shopping or to get a drink or to dinner or the beach or the pool, etc.

WaltVB
07-23-2020, 10:25 AM
You're exactly right Robin. And besides that it would make Superfood's parking lot a bigger zoo than it is. And we shop several times during our stay, would we be stopped and questioned every time?

Andrea J.
07-23-2020, 10:31 AM
I think that the honor system is still the best option.
Folks need to be wearing masks in places like grocery stores and other places where physical distancing is sometimes compromised.
So if Joe Schmoe is unknowingly contagious and wearing a mask at SuperFood, hopefully he is not infecting others.

Masks and hand washing and physical distancing are the key to making all of this go away........and also a vaccine. ;)

robin
07-23-2020, 10:44 AM
You're exactly right Robin. And besides that it would make Superfood's parking lot a bigger zoo than it is. And we shop several times during our stay, would we be stopped and questioned every time?

Beside the fact that our car does not have "v" plates, it has "A" plates because we own it.

ArubaAngela
07-23-2020, 01:39 PM

Enjoy ;)

if someone tests positive, and they own a home in the island, can they just stay there or do they have to go to the designated quarantine place???? Just wondering

Andrea J.
07-23-2020, 01:40 PM
they stay at their home.

if someone tests positive, and they own a home in the island, can they just stay there or do they have to go to the designated quarantine place???? Just wondering

ArubaAngela
07-23-2020, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the quick response!!

Andrea J.
07-23-2020, 01:43 PM
you are welcome

when do you leave and have you found a fast result testing site?

Thanks for the quick response!!

ArubaAngela
07-23-2020, 01:53 PM
I was supposed to leave on Sunday, but I postponed my trip. I’m going to try to reschedule it for a month from now. I couldn’t find any testing sites that would get results back. Many that said results same day were antigen tests, and unfortunately Aruba will not accept that. Some of the places say they are PCR, but then when you call they give you a different response. I’m hoping that testing results timing will get better. I sent an email to inbox@aruba.nanorep.in and emailed them a copy of test results. Is that correct email???

on the bright side, my designer will be installing my window treatments this week and will set up my furniture soon. It will be waiting for me when I get there!!!

Andrea J.
07-23-2020, 02:06 PM
I am unfamiliar with that email.
let me know if it works please.
I was supposed to leave on Sunday, but I postponed my trip. I’m going to try to reschedule it for a month from now. I couldn’t find any testing sites that would get results back. Many that said results same day were antigen tests, and unfortunately Aruba will not accept that. Some of the places say they are PCR, but then when you call they give you a different response. I’m hoping that testing results timing will get better. I sent an email to inbox@aruba.nanorep.in and emailed them a copy of test results. Is that correct email???

on the bright side, my designer will be installing my window treatments this week and will set up my furniture soon. It will be waiting for me when I get there!!!

ArubaAngela
07-23-2020, 02:08 PM
I am unfamiliar with that email.
let me know if it works please.

do you have an email??? I have not had a response from them.

Andrea J.
07-23-2020, 02:19 PM
what are you trying to find out?

do you have an email??? I have not had a response from them.

ArubaAngela
07-23-2020, 02:22 PM
what are you trying to find out?

Regarding testing here in the US. I sent My question to support@aruba.com

Andrea J.
07-23-2020, 05:08 PM
support@aruba.com is the email for help.
I do not believe that they can offer suggestions re: testing in the USA

our personal test results get loaded in at the Ed card site when you are uploading your negative results 12 hrs before flight.

let's take this to private message ok?
shoot me a message.

you wrote to :I sent an email to inbox@aruba.nanorep.in and emailed them a copy of test results. Is that correct email???

our personal test results get loaded in at the Ed card site when you are uploading your negative results 12 hrs before flight.

let's take this to private message ok?
shoot me a message.