PDA

View Full Version : July 24 UPDATE PCR testing Update

Andrea J.
07-25-2020, 11:44 PM
HTTPS://WWW.ARUBA.COM/US/TRAVELER-HEALTH-REQUIREMENTS

COMPONENT 3: NEGATIVE PCR TEST REQUIRED
It is important that we have testing to confirm that travelers are negative for coronavirus. For this reason, we have a protocol in place that allows the following two options for testing.
As of July 10th, 2020, visitors in certain states (https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements#states) must take a PCR test and upload a negative test result between 72 and 12 hours prior to travel to Aruba as part of the online Embarkation/ Disembarkation process (Option 1). Visitors from these states will not have the option to take a PCR test upon arrival in Aruba (Option 2). To view the complete list of states, click here (https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements#states).
Option 1: PCR testing prior to travel to Aruba
The government of Aruba strongly encourages visitors to show documentation indicating negative PCR test results prior to travel to Aruba.
· The test needs to be a COVID-19 test, obtained from a nasal/oral swab specimen through PCR, NAAT or molecular testing performed by a certified lab, and the results need to be uploaded as part of the ED card (https://edcardaruba.aw/) process.
· Any other Covid-19 test (serological testing/antibody testing, antigen testing or any other blood test) doctor’s declaration or home kits will not be accepted.
· Upon arrival, passengers will still be screened with a short health status interview and a temperature check.
· The cost of PCR tests in home countries is the responsibility of travelers.
Timing: At 72 hours prior to departure to Aruba (last leg in case of connecting flights), visitors can take action to get their test/swab. Note: The latest the testing/swab results can be uploaded is 12 hours prior to departure to Aruba. Any tests and results executed before 72 hours prior to departure to Aruba will not be valid.
Option 2: PCR testing at the airport in Aruba
Alternatively travelers can wait to arrive in Aruba and receive a PCR test at the airport. The costs for the test will be the responsibility of the traveler and $75 must be paid for in advance as part of the online Embarkation/Disembarkation card (https://edcardaruba.aw/) process.
· In this case, a PCR test will be conducted immediately after arrival, and visitors will be required to be in mandatory quarantine at their hotel or booked place of stay.
· The quarantine will be up to 24 hours, and the Aruba Department of Health will make every effort to have results in 6-8 hours, in order to minimize the visitors’ time in quarantine.
· For details on the procedures for guests showing a positive COVID-19 test result while in Aruba, please reference the “Regulations when showing symptoms or testing positive for COVID-19 while in Aruba” section below.
· Not available for the listed states (https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements#states).
Timing: Payment for the PCR testing in Aruba must be completed within 72 hours and 4 hours prior to travel to Aruba.
Option 3: Testing prior to travel and a PCR test at the airport in Aruba
Alternatively, especially for the listed states (https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements#states) that do not qualify for Option 2, there is the option to perform two tests. One accesible test prior to travel, and one accurate test upon arrival.
The costs for the tests will be the responsibility of the traveler and $75 must be paid for in advance as part of the online Embarkation/Disembarkation card (https://edcardaruba.aw/) process.
· Pre-upload negative test results for one of the following accesible tests to the ED Card online platform prior to arrival:
Antigen (QL IA, FIA), PCR Home kit, or any other type of test
· In this case, it will be required to conduct a second test (PCR) immediately after arrival. Visitors will be required to be in mandatory quarantine at their hotel or booked place of stay.
· The quarantine will be up to 24 hours, and the Aruba Department of Health will make every effort to have results in 6-8 hours, in order to minimize the visitors’ time in quarantine.
· For details on the procedures for guests showing a positive COVID-19 test result while in Aruba, please reference the “Regulations when showing symptoms or testing positive for COVID-19 while in Aruba” section below.
Timing: At 72 hours prior to departure to Aruba (last leg in case of connecting flights), visitors can take action to get one of the listed accesible test. Note: The latest the testing/swab results can be uploaded is 12 hours prior to departure to Aruba. Payment for the PCR testing in Aruba must be completed within 72 hours and 12 hours prior to travel to Aruba.

Andrea J.
07-25-2020, 11:48 PM
So in other words........those of us from HOT states can:
load in our negative 72 hr PCR test to the ed card 12 hrs prior to departure
OR
load in a negative PCR or Antigen or other test to the ed card..12 hrs prior to departure but that test .AND....then take a PCR test upon arrival in Aruba and quarantine til the negative results come in.

please read and reread the link I provided.

Mohair
07-26-2020, 12:42 AM
[QUOTE=charterprincess;362773]im reading #3 a little differently - im still reading it has to be taken no more than 72 hr mark but home tests & antigen tests are allowed. I could be misinterpreting it....and there is a fine if you dont quarantine8334.

This is great news for the hot staters. It should be easy for us to complete one of the other tests and get our results back within the 60 hour time frame.

charterprincess
07-26-2020, 12:57 AM
This is great news for the hot staters. It should be easy for us to complete one of the other tests and get our results back within the 60 hour time frame.

hi Mohair! Yes, i agree & i understand this is a “work in progress”....but this opens up a lot of possibilities and is an option a few of us have been asking for - let us test twice. It’s a win-win. Bonus - this places an additional safeguard/ people wont slip thru cracks (ie before, someone from hot zone could test negative before departure then “get covid” between the time they test and arrive in AUA then be let into AUA, free & clear, unknowingly infected. Now, they will be re-tested upon arrival and if they did in fact contract “C” then they should be quarantining until they receive AUA test results.)

Now hopefully the 10k florin fine will deter those that aren’t planning on doing the ‘mandatory quarantining until they get results’ from going out to dinner/public spaces while they wait for results. Pretty much anything you could possibly need can be pre-arranged to be delivered to your room/villa while you are quarantined. So far, seems like most are following rules & are quarantining, just a few yahoos aren’t taking it seriously & some are being caught while out.

Tim nel
07-26-2020, 10:51 AM
I am planning to be on the island for 42 days Mid August to the end of Sept. Can we extend our stay if we decide we want to stay for another month?

bhoffdhoff
07-26-2020, 02:15 PM
About a month ago I had a covid test before having an outpatient procedure. It was a nasal swab test and results were available in 24 hrs. This is probably a stupid question, but was this a pcr covid test?

Andrea J.
07-26-2020, 02:51 PM
yes it was. PCR nasopharyngeal test.

About a month ago I had a covid test before having an outpatient procedure. It was a nasal swab test and results were available in 24 hrs. This is probably a stupid question, but was this a pcr covid test?

Andrea J.
07-26-2020, 02:56 PM
yes. .
I am planning to be on the island for 42 days Mid August to the end of Sept. Can we extend our stay if we decide we want to stay for another month?

Flipflops55
08-06-2020, 11:57 PM
Six of us are going this coming Saturday. We all uploaded our negative test results yesterday and today. One received and email stating it was not accepted and she needs to re test at airport. I don't understand why. Anyone have any idea why? Only thing we came up with is her occupation. Do they discriminate because of that?

Thanks

Andrea J.
08-07-2020, 12:01 AM
how could you have already loaded it in?
I thought it was supposed to be 12 hrs out?

and someone I heard of re: their test............it was submitted too far out.
another person, it lacked the person's name.

Six of us are going this coming Saturday. We all uploaded our negative test results yesterday and today. One received and email stating it was not accepted and she needs to re test at airport. I don't understand why. Anyone have any idea why? Only thing we came up with is her occupation. Do they discriminate because of that?

Thanks

EDMLS1358
08-07-2020, 07:28 PM
The test was done too soon if you uploaded it on Thursday for a sat. departure. test needs to be done 72 to 12 hrs before departure.