PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE please read this

WaltVB
08-03-2020, 08:25 PM
It's come time to remind everyone that Andrea, Jacki and I do not make rules or set policy concerning covid-19 testing, isolation and quarantine related to the covid-19 virus on the island of Aruba. These are made by the government of Aruba and are usually presented by the Prime Minister, the Honorable Evelyn Wever-Croes. We don't have time to keep repeating the same information day after day after day. We also don't have time to repeatedly answer and moderate "what ifs" and "how comes" over and over. Most importantly we don't have the time to respond to posts insinuating we don't care or that we think your post is whatever you consider illegitimate or anything else. Please don't accuse us of that. We love you guys and try to do the best job we can to keep you informed of what is happening on the island and elsewhere. If you are dissatisfied with our actions or responses, I apologize for all of us. It's not intentional, nor are we trying to argue, belittle anyone or blow you off. It's just that we are as upset as you are, concerned about a place and its people we all love and care about. And we don't have all of the answers, but we try to get them for you guys every time you ask. So all I ask is that when we tell you what the rules are, that's what they are. It's not open for debate, we don't really care if you agree with it, but in the end it is what ARUBA says it is, not us. We all work very hard to keep this forum civil and informative. If you want to keep beating a dead horse (downtown parking comes to mind) take it to Facebook or Trip Advisor, both seem to thrive on that kind of stuff. But if you want the best and latest information on all happenings on the island, stick with us. Again, we are trying so hard to help and are doing the best we can. Thanks you guys for reading this far, we sincerely appreciate every single one of you.

Walt

Remember, we will get through this together.

and also remember this link has the latest and greatest info:

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements?fbclid=IwAR0aVnmB92BPAChfLxWmtrVplCv6 fhmqt3LI_ugfZ_N-c4Q84Dv-UGUhgi8

Pegmeister
08-03-2020, 08:39 PM
Hey Walt. I do believe that we all appreciate everyone’s efforts. Unfortunately, in these times anxiety and stress take their toll. The written word doesn’t always come through the way it should!

LisaGrn
08-03-2020, 08:43 PM
You are all doing a fantastic job as is Aruba. If anyone thinks otherwise, that's on them, not you or the wonderful people of our Happy Island. I for one am truly grateful for the time, effort and dedication you devote to this Forum. And I know I'm not alone in feeling that way! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

annf
08-03-2020, 09:15 PM
To be clear....Jackie, Andrea and Walt...we are grateful for all your efforts. I agree with you...there is an official site that addresses the issues and I have found the response time from questions I have raised on the official site to come in a timely manner. As Peg said...these are trying times and we are all anxious.

Rubaguy62
08-03-2020, 10:07 PM
You guys do a great job here and I can honestly say you all have more patience than I do to be able to deal with all the issues you handle thanks for always being here

dicodoco
08-03-2020, 10:20 PM
great statement!

agree, the info provided here is so helpful and friendly, but truthful and insightful all at once.

even info not on the official manifestos released by the Aruba govt available here, thanks to the abovementioned moderators.

thx for your time, efforts, and care.
truth and facts go a long way.

brady bear
08-03-2020, 10:27 PM
I know that I sure appreciate you all do for this forum;
if it wasn't here so very sure lots of us including "me" would not know what's going on.
Some people need to take a "chill" pill or two.
Again, I personally thank all that is done for this forum and great advice.

Andrea J.
08-03-2020, 10:34 PM
none of us are asking for thanks.

thanks for your posting Walt!!!

WaltVB
08-03-2020, 10:36 PM
Yes, please consider what you are posting. We appreciate the thanks, but that's not what we're after here.

Mohair
08-03-2020, 10:56 PM
My sincere apologies to anyone I offended with my posts. I always try to thank those for the information they provide. If I have further questions it is because I want to understand what the current situation is. I never attack anyone for any reason. :)

ArubaAce
08-03-2020, 11:03 PM
Well put Walt. The rules are posted and whether we like it or not it is what it is and up to each individual to decide whether they are willing to travel with these set of rules or not. Plain and simple and if there is an update you let us know.

WaltVB
08-04-2020, 12:14 AM
Well put Walt. The rules are posted and whether we like it or not it is what it is and up to each individual to decide whether they are willing to travel with these set of rules or not. Plain and simple and if there is an update you let us know.

Thanks Ace!

Vincent
08-04-2020, 10:08 AM
....Thank's for all YouzGuys do this forum has answered all my questions where internet searches couldn't.

Andrea J.
08-04-2020, 11:00 AM
youzeguys. you must be from Jersey or MA
I am from MA originally and our go to phase was Youzeguys are wicked pissa.

Glenn
08-04-2020, 11:31 AM
Walt, Andrea and Jacki,

Thank you on several counts; first for writing this thread Walt. What you said needed to be said. Second, thank you for keeping the official information coming our way; it is greatly appreciated. And thank you for ensuring that the forum stays civil while still allowing people to have their say.

Andrea, you asked for common sense. From national leaders around the world to individuals who can no longer do as they please, common sense is in such short supply right now. I agree with you. Starting with our family and friends (and I include forum members as our extended family), let's try to show some common sense, civility and understanding. We'll get there.

Have a great week everybody.

Glenn
Winnipeg, Canada

Andrea J.
08-04-2020, 11:58 AM
thanks glenn

years ago on the old AOL message board, the moderator asked me to step in for him as he was going to be out on medical for a week or 2.

the first thing that came my way on that board was something like this................
If I order a pizza from X and have it delivered to me at my resort and I do not have the correct money for the person that delivers, what do I do?
How do I make sure that I have the right amount of cash and the tip ?
My reply was. "Huh, What, Really?"

We have come to understand that many have questions about Aruba. We have come to understand that COVID has been thrown into this and it makes for great difficulty.

We do the best we can do, and are NOT afraid to say " I don't know" but will try to find out.

Aruba4ever
08-04-2020, 01:23 PM
Much appreciation for the all of you. You keep the ship sailing even during rough waters.

dicodoco
08-04-2020, 01:59 PM
the first thing that came my way on that board was something like this................
If I order a pizza from X and have it delivered to me at my resort and I do not have the correct money for the person that delivers, what do I do?

hahahahaha what a wicked awesome story!

Aruba Kenny
08-04-2020, 05:35 PM
I used to frequent a different message board for many years, but the insults and attempt to control by a select few convinced me to search elsewhere.

I appreciate the quality conversation and advice on this message board.

Thank you Andrea, Walt an Jacki!!!