PDA

View Full Version : EFFECTIVE Aug 5

Andrea J.
08-06-2020, 12:34 AM
All bars and nightclubs closed.

No Home Parties.

Masks in public indoor spaces including unlicensed transportation.

Andrea J.
08-06-2020, 12:35 AM
8355A great spot shuttered for now.

robin
08-06-2020, 12:54 AM
I hope this stops the spread. Sad, scary but not surprising.

sundialSoft
08-06-2020, 04:16 AM
It will be another few days before we know if the new cases were identified before they infected too many others. If the infection rate rises then a real lockdown might follow. I’m hoping that track and trace has worked for my own selfish reasons and for the sake of the island.

Im curious to know if those infected were working in bars etc or visiting them as customers.

Andrea J.
08-06-2020, 09:05 AM
I would guess that the increase of positive #'s will be showing during the next 12 days.
Hundreds of residents were tested yesterday and those results should be posted soon.

It will be another few days before we know if the new cases were identified before they infected too many others. If the infection rate rises then a real lockdown might follow. I’m hoping that track and trace has worked for my own selfish reasons and for the sake of the island.

Im curious to know if those infected were working in bars etc or visiting them as customers.

jaylee312
08-06-2020, 10:55 AM
I have a question and feel like I am getting conflicting information. I am in the USA and see some states, not all states are required to upload test results to the web site before travel. Then I read that travelers not tested will be tested at the airport, so I am not sure. I am in Illinois which in not on the list of states that are required to be tested, do you know if I need to upload test results?

Andrea J.
08-06-2020, 01:54 PM
If ILLINOIS is not one of the tests that needs "pre flight test", then no.
You can wait and be tested in Aruba. (but then you will have to Quarantine in your resort)

You do have to be tested one way or another.

Many, even those in NON-hot states, are opting to take the test in the USA and upload 60 hours after the test was taken and 12 hours BEFORE the flight.

I am in one of the "HOT" Florida and we are mandated to take and upload the PCR test prior to boarding.

So, it is up to you..................many are not wanting to quarantine upon arrival.
I certainly do not want to quarantine.

I have a question and feel like I am getting conflicting information. I am in the USA and see some states, not all states are required to upload test results to the web site before travel. Then I read that travelers not tested will be tested at the airport, so I am not sure. I am in Illinois which in not on the list of states that are required to be tested, do you know if I need to upload test results?

jaylee312
08-07-2020, 10:05 AM
Thank you for the clarity on this! We will definitively be testing before we fly out.

robin
08-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Last night I messaged my friend's daughter who is getting married Labor Day Weekend and is supposed to use the condo for her honeymoon with general info on what is going happening. Her fiance is away for work and they will discuss what is they are going to do this weekend. I want them to enjoy Aruba and see it for how wonderful and fun it is and I want them to be safe. I suggested she get on here and also suggested one of the FB pages to stay up to date on how things are unfolding. She knows she can postpone the trip to any date the condo is open.