PDA

View Full Version : August 12

Andrea J.
08-12-2020, 03:52 PM
836881 New positives. All Aruba residents (not tourists)

cmynes
08-12-2020, 04:06 PM
836881 New positives. All Aruba residents (not tourists)

Still 81 new cases in Aruba in one day. The residents could have come in contact with tourists if they work in restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, etc. so still a spread happening daily regardless if they were residents or tourists.

Andrea J.
08-12-2020, 04:22 PM
Yes 81 new cases of locals being positive.

:eek:Yes to your last 2 sentences too.

Still 81 new cases in Aruba in one day. The residents could have come in contact with tourists if they work in restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, etc. so still a spread happening daily regardless if they were residents or tourists.

Kent-ArubaBob
08-12-2020, 04:42 PM
I have some friends here and they test positive 1 day and then a few days later its neg. So I am pretty sure its like testing in the States. Its not always 100%. But they do have a problem here in Aruba and they are really trying hard to get it under control. Mask are mandatory and almost every place you go in, you have to disinfection your hands. Lets hope we see the numbers going the other way soon. AB

ArubaAce
08-12-2020, 06:46 PM
I have some friends here and they test positive 1 day and then a few days later its neg. So I am pretty sure its like testing in the States. Its not always 100%. But they do have a problem here in Aruba and they are really trying hard to get it under control. Mask are mandatory and almost every place you go in, you have to disinfection your hands. Lets hope we see the numbers going the other way soon. AB Which is one of the reasons I decided to cancel my September test. Imagine I can't get the test here in NY within their guidelines, I pay $90 at airport to test and come out positive in error and spend my whole trip in quarantine. Not thanks!!!

sundialSoft
08-13-2020, 03:50 AM
Which is one of the reasons I decided to cancel my September test. Imagine I can't get the test here in NY within their guidelines, I pay $90 at airport to test and come out positive in error and spend my whole trip in quarantine. Not thanks!!!
I hadn’t thought of that. We are flying business class and staying in an expensive suite. If we got false positives at the airport we would have wasted £9,000.