View Full Version : August 18

Andrea J.
08-18-2020, 03:03 PM

robin
08-18-2020, 03:17 PM
84 new cases

robin
08-18-2020, 04:45 PM
Copied from Rona on FB. She also had the chart Andrea posted.

In last night's Press Conference the MinPres alluded to the possibility of patients dying of Covid19 in the next two weeks, parents and grandparents of our partying generations.
DVG just repeated the message, they must be preparing us for some unfortunate news.
Today's update, 84 positive cases, 65 recuperated, therefore 19 new active cases in total. 391 tests performed yesterday.
18 patients are hospitalized, they are between the ages of 29 to 85, 2 of them in ICU. May they recover soon!

cmynes
08-18-2020, 05:17 PM

In last night's Press Conference the MinPres alluded to the possibility of patients dying of Covid19 in the next two weeks, parents and grandparents of our partying generations.
DVG just repeated the message, they must be preparing us for some unfortunate news.
Today's update, 84 positive cases, 65 recuperated, therefore 19 new active cases in total. 391 tests performed yesterday.
18 patients are hospitalized, they are between the ages of 29 to 85, 2 of them in ICU. May they recover soon!

84 additional cases is so alarming clearly a pattern of daily spread for weeks now. So happy some are recovering but it’s so sad that there is a possibility of deaths in the next 2 weeks.

Aruba4ever
08-18-2020, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the info. My thought is a 21% rate is off the charts and something I really, really worry about.

Aruba4ever
08-18-2020, 05:48 PM
Spoke to my best friend on the island and he is besides himself. His words- "We closed down with nearly 100 people infected and now we are open with nearly 100 cases today....people are pretending like it does not matter or is an issue despite the spikes in numbers and that worries me beyond belief." I am at a loss for words and just sad.

robin
08-18-2020, 07:25 PM
I guess they feel they are better equipped to deal with the cases now than in March. The fear in March was tourist bringing it in and spreading it because so much was unknown. Even though scientist and doctors still don't know a lot about the virus, they do know more than in March. What I find interesting is this time it was an Aruban who appears to have started this chain reaction of infections. In March, the first cases were one Aruban and one American who was there as a consultant.

brady bear
08-18-2020, 10:22 PM
I really wonder again, how many are these repeat positives.
It is the same in Florida. (are numbers are going down again... but wonder if these are the positive cases that are now negative)
I know people tested positive, goes to a different clinic a few days later and now "negative"
go back for their second "negative" and now positive.
All test should go by their ID number (date of birth or last 6 digits of SS #)
so they can properly know the "real" numbers.
Prayers to all the critical ill people that they get better soon.

danadog56
08-19-2020, 06:50 PM
so very sad, I speak with an arabian friend daily and he says the number keeps going up...many people choose not to comply with policies placed for their safety.
The old saying...you can lead a horse to water...
This is the first year in 20+ that I have not visited my home away from home, usually 2-3 minimum. I would have to quarantine for the 14 days and if I go in November for 2 weeks I have to add that additional 14 days to my vacation. Even though I have enough since I haven't been anywhere all year I can't seem to bring myself to get on an airplane to go.
I pray everyday for the locals and tourists to be safe and if they have the virus to recover with no ill side effects.