PDA

View Full Version : Testing for entry to aruba

bigjellym
08-18-2020, 09:58 PM
When do you think Aruba will drop the testing requirements to enter the country?

Andrea J.
08-18-2020, 10:02 PM
my guess would be when positive numbers flatten for a few/many consecutive months.
and/or
when a vaccine comes out.

but seriously this could go for months.
it is a new normal we have to live with for a while.

and welcome to your first posting!

When do you think Aruba will drop the testing requirements to enter the country?

LisaGrn
08-18-2020, 10:53 PM
Welcome to the Forum!!

sundialSoft
08-19-2020, 06:43 AM
The testing was one of my main reasons for postponing our trip. The fact that it's not a perfect process means that I was worried that a false positive might wreck the holiday. The insurance is a little expensive compared to other covid-inclusive travel insurance.

We will come back to Aruba once things have headed towards normal. It looked to me like we would essentially be confined to Eagle beach for a week with nothing else to do and that's not perfect.

bigjellym
08-19-2020, 06:13 PM
Just my luck. My wife and I have been staying at the Surf Club for the past six years, and last year we decided to purchased a 2 bedroom unit. We were scheduled to use it for the first time this November. If the cases keep increasing I think I'm gonna have to cancel.

WaltVB
08-20-2020, 08:41 AM
Just my luck. My wife and I have been staying at the Surf Club for the past six years, and last year we decided to purchased a 2 bedroom unit. We were scheduled to use it for the first time this November. If the cases keep increasing I think I'm gonna have to cancel.

Hi bigjellym, welcome to the forum. You might be able to save your week by joining Interval International and depositing your unit. That way you don't lose it and can have a two bedroom for twice as long next year if you do cancel. We own a 2 bedroom at Surf Club and that's what we did this year. We're out the maintenance fee, but still have use of the unit next year.

EDMLS1358
08-20-2020, 11:35 AM
We usually lock off our unit and get two weeks out of it but not sure if marriott still offers that option since they went to a points system(which we try not to utilize) Not enough points for the unit, Id rather use it than try to work the around the points system. Interval is a good option so you dont lose the week but check with Marriott they seem to be letting people cancel and re use at a later date.