PDA

View Full Version : No fall trip for us

Mohair
08-21-2020, 12:46 AM
We usually spend five or six months in Aruba. Two months in the fall, winter, and spring. We won't be travelling there until January.

sundialSoft
08-21-2020, 04:31 AM
Such a shame but you will be back again.

NH Mark
08-21-2020, 01:20 PM
We usually spend five or six months in Aruba. Two months in the fall, winter, and spring. We won't be travelling there until January.
Yes, same here, no November, February-March visits, have postponed until November 2021 for our next visit. My wife is still not comfortable flying five hours plus all of the rigamarole that goes with travel right now.

Pegmeister
08-21-2020, 02:26 PM
It’s always difficult to cancel but if you’re not comfortable you won’t enjoy yourself. We cancelled both our May and November trips. Hoping for sometime next year.

Andrea J.
08-21-2020, 03:01 PM
But the good news is that you got to spend from EARLY March thru MID April in Aruba AND have a January trip in the works!!
You are Blessed indeed.

cmynes
08-21-2020, 04:48 PM
It’s always difficult to cancel but if you’re not comfortable you won’t enjoy yourself. We cancelled both our May and November trips. Hoping for sometime next year.

I just canceled for September. As much as I knew I was going to, it still hurts to cancel. But I know for us it was the right thing to do for travel in 3 weeks. We will reschedule for April hoping things are better by then.

Pegmeister
08-21-2020, 05:10 PM
I just canceled for September. As much as I knew I was going to, it still hurts to cancel. But I know for us it was the right thing to do for travel in 3 weeks. We will reschedule for April hoping things are better by then.

Normally, I would just book for May 2021 but we feel there are still too many unknowns. Once they approve a vaccine we’ll be booking ASAP.

cmynes
08-21-2020, 06:47 PM
Normally, I would just book for May 2021 but we feel there are still too many unknowns. Once they approve a vaccine we’ll be booking ASAP.

Yes we need a vaccine. If I book for April it will be cancellable/changeable. Hotel always is and airlines are flexible with changing these days.

Jacki
08-22-2020, 08:56 AM
You have to do what is right for you of course. I feel so amazingly blessed to have spent the last two beautiful weeks there. Aruba is there and ready to welcome you back with open arms (or an elbow tap) when you are ready.

PeterWB
08-23-2020, 07:17 AM
Sunwing airline (Canada) has changed the cancellation date from 60 days before flight to 30 days but I can't see things getting much better before our Sep 26 decision date. I think I'll lose my $500 deposit but it is what it is. There is no way my wife will travel to Aruba without minimal reported Covid infections and or a proven vaccine. Oh well. I just read that Nasa is tracking a big asteroid that will hit earth while I was to be in Aruba. 2020 has been a crazy year!!!

brady bear
08-23-2020, 09:52 AM
I know its scary for some of us to travel and many different reasons.
It was a huge decision for me to make the decision to go;
Maybe it's just the need to get away from everything?

robin
08-23-2020, 11:40 AM
2020 has been a crazy year!!! An we still have 4 1/5 months.

robin
08-23-2020, 11:45 AM
We are still planning on going in Dec. and then back again in Jan. to early March. I am thinking about suggesting to hubby that we offer the previous owners next Christmas/New Year's week instead of this one and just stay from Dec. to March. We are thinking about doing a Panama Canal cruise that would leave Dec. 24 2021, so it might work out.

Our son and gf are leaving next Saturday and will be there until Nov. 24(working and going to grad school remotely). Their plan is to go shopping once a week and go to the beach. They don't plan on dining out or doing much else, they just want to be somewhere warm and inexpensive(our condo).