PDA

View Full Version : Bad Behavior by a tourist at arrival

Andrea J.
08-21-2020, 10:06 PM
rough translation
drunk tourist, happened to be an American.
refused to comply with health screening regulations.
apparently behaved badly with airport security, health personnel and Aruba police.

https://masnoticia.com/turista-mericano-bebi-a-lanta-cu-personal-na-airport-nenga-pa-test/?fbclid=IwAR3vO_F1AT6WrsISX2dGsxH_CwhZZXy0xhkaXsnx KJqSk9xnrpvqhzBpE4w

WaltVB
08-21-2020, 10:32 PM
Smh...

B Likes To Travel
08-21-2020, 11:34 PM
Yeah, he seems smart and delightful. :doh:

Andrea J.
08-22-2020, 12:04 AM
someone once asked me why sometimes American tourists have a reputation as being "ugly?"
I believe that I did not have a good answer.

maybe this guy could be the "poster child"

Jacki
08-22-2020, 08:44 AM
I just don't understand. Yay for vacation! Yay for partying, but I don't understand behavior like this.

robin
08-22-2020, 10:49 AM
Some people start their vacation before they get on the plane. We had two loud, obnoxious drunk young women behind us on our mid morning flight to Vegas 4 years ago. Luckly, they were removed from the flight before taking off.

Tim nel
08-22-2020, 11:00 AM
When you come to this wonderful island, you have to play by their rules. My understanding is this guy did not want to take the Covid test, looks like that was a big mistake.....What a putz!!

Pegmeister
08-22-2020, 12:15 PM
I wonder if they have already put him on a return flight to the states? That’s what I would do.

annf
08-22-2020, 12:32 PM
I wonder if they have already put him on a return flight to the states? That’s what I would do.

Perhaps jail first!

WaltVB
08-22-2020, 12:35 PM
Perhaps jail first!

Yeah, detain him for a while. Maybe have him empty trash at the COVID ward at the hospital... moron...

Glenn
08-22-2020, 12:44 PM
Good morning,

Rude, misbehaving drunks are the bane of tourist places all over the world. If this fellow got on the flight drunk and/or the airline kept serving him once he was inebriated, that's on both the airline and the passenger in my view.

Canadians, Dutch, Arubans and others won't judge Americans by what this 'glass bowl' did.

Keeping my comments to Aruba, we Canadians have a reputation too. We're cheapskates, we don't tip enough.

Glenn
Winnipeg, Canada

Andrea J.
08-22-2020, 02:07 PM
hahahaha I am smiling abut your last 2 sentences.

a whole other thread I believe.
Good morning,

Rude, misbehaving drunks are the bane of tourist places all over the world. If this fellow got on the flight drunk and/or the airline kept serving him once he was inebriated, that's on both the airline and the passenger in my view.

Canadians, Dutch, Arubans and others won't judge Americans by what this 'glass bowl' did.

Keeping my comments to Aruba, we Canadians have a reputation too. We're cheapskates, we don't tip enough.

Glenn
Winnipeg, Canada

hatteras
08-22-2020, 02:47 PM
Perhaps jail first!

I read on another site that he did go to jail to quarantine, but he was tested.

ArubaAce
08-22-2020, 03:12 PM
LMAO! So instead of getting tested and straight to hotel to quarantine he went to jail to quarantine. Serves him right!

SuperBunches
08-22-2020, 06:40 PM
I thought that the airlines were not serving alcohol on flights due to COVID. Am I misinformed? We are leaving on Friday...I wouldn't mind a little something to start vacation early. We would NEVER act like this, though.

~Amy~®
08-22-2020, 08:49 PM
I thought that the airlines were not serving alcohol on flights due to COVID. Am I misinformed? We are leaving on Friday...I wouldn't mind a little something to start vacation early. We would NEVER act like this, though.

I can only speak for Delta because I only fly with them - they are serving alcohol in the First Class and Comfort cabins but only wine and ber at this time.

robin
08-22-2020, 09:44 PM

Tested while cuffed.

He may have had a few drinks at the airport and he may also have brought a few little bottles on the plane with him. You can get quite a few of them in the quart ziplock bags. We took some on a long haul flight 4 years ago to help us sleep.

Stu knows someone who was a flight attendant. They are trained not to serve(stall, "forget", etc) people who are getting intoxicated.

schexc
08-23-2020, 02:37 PM
LMAO! So instead of getting tested and straight to hotel to quarantine he went to jail to quarantine. Serves him right!

I'd be willing to bet that his room and board aren't covered by the Covid Insurance;).

Hopefully he gets slapped with an appropriate fine.

Andrea J.
08-23-2020, 03:00 PM
from your lips to the justice dept's ears ;)

I'd be willing to bet that the his room and board aren't covered by the Covid Insurance;).

Hopefully he gets slapped with an appropriate fine.

B Likes To Travel
08-23-2020, 06:32 PM
Maybe he’ll write a trip report

Andrea J.
08-23-2020, 10:24 PM
now that would be a first!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Maybe he’ll write a trip report ������

robin
08-23-2020, 11:24 PM
Maybe he’ll write a trip report ������

Something like this?

My trip was not off to a great start. They forced me to have a covid test then made me quarantine. I was separated from my travel companion. The room was very small, the bed was hard and the toilet was out in the open. One wall was all metal bars and I had no privacy. You could hear and smell everything from the adjoining rooms. They made me wear an orange jumpsuit and that is not a good color on me. The food was served on a metal tray and they would not give me a knife. There is a really big, mean looking guy here and he keeps looking me up and down, and I am afraid to turn my back on him-he really likes to look at my bottom. I have no view. It surely was not what I booked. Totally false advertising and now they want to add charges. This trip is not what I expected.

Glenn
08-24-2020, 11:08 AM
Oh Robin,

This is too funny.

I know that you are a teacher by profession but if you ever tire of it, the writing world is waiting for you. Satire and sarcasm are difficult to master but you have done it in spades with this trip report. I guess it helps when the material just kind of presents itself, the way this 'glass bowl's' antics did.

Love it.

Glenn

Something like this?

My trip was not off to a great start. They forced me to have a covid test then made me quarantine. I was separated from my travel companion. The room was very small, the bed was hard and the toilet was out in the open. One wall was all metal bars and I had no privacy. You could hear and smell everything from the adjoining rooms. They made me wear an orange jumpsuit and that is not a good color on me. The food was served on a metal tray and they would not give me a knife. There is a really big, mean looking guy here and he keeps looking me up and down, and I am afraid to turn my back on him-he really likes to look at my bottom. I have no view. It surely was not what I booked. Totally false advertising and now they want to add charges. This trip is not what I expected.

vallond
08-25-2020, 10:07 AM
Something like this?

Thanks Robin!!!! This had me laughing at my desk.

vallond
08-25-2020, 10:18 AM
My first thought about this tourist was, "Why dude?" All home boy had to do was simply comply with the rules, if he did not get the test done before boarding; No sweat!! Get it done on arrival and follow the quarantine rules before heading out and about to enjoy your stay. But NOOOOOO!! Home Boy choose to arrive drunk, refuse to get tested and wanted to be wrong and strong with the staff, health officials and the Police at the airport. Forget throwing the book at this dude, they need to throw a whole library. Hit him with a real stiff fine and then put him on the next flight off the island.