ArubaAce
08-26-2020, 06:21 PM
Me too!

schexc
08-26-2020, 06:34 PM
Ouch!

Pegmeister
08-26-2020, 06:58 PM
There are so many new cases! It’s difficult to comprehend as it sounds like people on the island are social distancing and wearing masks. So sad!!

robin
08-26-2020, 07:29 PM
There are so many new cases! It’s difficult to comprehend as it sounds like people on the island are social distancing and wearing masks. So sad!!

They may be passing to those within their own homes/families. :(

Andrea J.
08-26-2020, 07:33 PM
exactly

They may be passing to those within their own homes/families. :(

Mohair
08-27-2020, 03:19 AM
Aruba is such a wonderful place! We are so upset that they have to deal with this problem.

robin
08-27-2020, 11:46 AM
Aruba is such a wonderful place! We are so upset that they have to deal with this problem.

It's not just Aruba-it's everywhere.

hatteras
08-27-2020, 12:26 PM
Costa Linda sent me notification that 2 of their employees are now positive. One is in management and has little contact with the guests. The other is a housekeeping supervisor. It is believed that one of them caught the virus from attending a funeral. They are now both in quarantine and several staff members that they were in contact with are in isolation.

Air Canada reports that at least one passenger who arrived back in Canada from Aruba tested positive upon return on August 8. Does Canada automatically test all passengers when entering the country?

I've seen several posts from a lady on different facebook pages who states that her son caught the virus in Aruba after visiting a bar. I don't know this person so I can't substantiate the claim.

ArubaAce
08-27-2020, 01:25 PM
You can catch it just about anywhere mask or no mask. My only activity is the supermarket and I go very early where there are usually 10 or less people in the store but you never know. A former supervisor at work who retired 10 years ago passed away last Monday. I decided not to attend the funeral because I didn't want to fear catching the virus.

B Likes To Travel
08-27-2020, 03:13 PM
The thing with bars is that....the bartender serving your drink has to touch lots of stuff. Other barware which has been touched possibly by dishwashers, money, computer/registers, etc. The garnishes in your drink were prepped/cut (presumably with gloves) but there's still a lot of touching of "things."...including the straw, blah blah blah. Same for restaurants (dishes, etc.) - so, even with gloves, sure it's still spreadable if you're touching stuff with the same gloves over and over. This stuff can live on surfaces for a while. Also, our phones are filthy.

Anyway, what Ace said. You can catch it anywhere and it's hard to nail down the actual source.