PDA

View Full Version : 72 Hour Question

Babybeach
09-03-2020, 10:10 AM
Help please! I just need clarification on the 72 hour prior testing requirement...If our flights to Aruba start at 7:00 a.m. but we have to fly Milwaukee to Charlotte then Charlotte to Miami and then Miami to Aruba....when do I count back the 72 hours for testing? We are in one of the "hot states", so will need to be tested and have results prior to leaving for Aruba. Is the 72 hours prior to when we're supposed to fly out of Miami seeing that's the last leg of our journey to Aruba?? Thanks for the help!!!

Andrea J.
09-03-2020, 10:12 AM
the countdown begins exactly 72 hrs from the departure time of your first leg.
if your flight is at 7 am on a Thursday, the time backs up to 7 am Monday.

further info is here .............https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements
Help please! I just need clarification on the 72 hour prior testing requirement...If our flights to Aruba start at 7:00 a.m. but we have to fly Milwaukee to Charlotte then Charlotte to Miami and then Miami to Aruba....when do I count back the 72 hours for testing? We are in one of the "hot states", so will need to be tested and have results prior to leaving for Aruba. Is the 72 hours prior to when we're supposed to fly out of Miami seeing that's the last leg of our journey to Aruba?? Thanks for the help!!!

WaltVB
09-03-2020, 11:02 AM
We're leaving at oh-dark-thirty on a Saturday. So we'll have to be tested starting Wednesday morning. Any ideas how the holiday will affect getting our test results back? Should we just test at the airport and quarantine? Is it too early to ask, might things change regarding testing requirements by then? Sorry for all of the Q's. :D

WaltVB
09-03-2020, 11:08 AM

This page should help you out. Apparently the time window is the final leg

When:
Test needs to be taken between 72 to 12 hours before your departing flight to Aruba (last leg of the trip)

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements/covid-testing

Andrea J.
09-03-2020, 02:26 PM
things probably will change again.

Walt I was told specifically that the timing was based on 1st leg of travel.
your ED check in is from 24 to 12 hours out from the first leg.

I will ask again.

This page should help you out. Apparently the time window is the final leg

When:
Test needs to be taken between 72 to 12 hours before your departing flight to Aruba (last leg of the trip)

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements/covid-testing

WaltVB
09-03-2020, 02:51 PM
I understand. I copied this straight off the website so maybe it's changed?

hnp1889
09-04-2020, 02:31 AM
I emailed the FAQ page listed on the website. Was told it is 72 hours from the direct flight to Aruba. So last flight to Aruba.

Babybeach
09-04-2020, 01:49 PM
Thanks for everyone checking. I had emailed the FAQ website and didn't get a response. So, it's officially 72 hours before the last leg of the trip????

Thanks again!! We're in one of the states that has to test before we can get on the plane so I want to be 100% sure I'm doing things correctly. Don't want to be denied boarding!!!

LisaGrn
09-04-2020, 01:58 PM
Have a wonderful time!!

hnp1889
09-04-2020, 02:03 PM
Thanks for everyone checking. I had emailed the FAQ website and didn't get a response. So, it's officially 72 hours before the last leg of the trip????

Thanks again!! We're in one of the states that has to test before we can get on the plane so I want to be 100% sure I'm doing things correctly. Don't want to be denied boarding!!!

This is the direct email I got from them "Bon dia, hope all is well

72 hours from your direct flight departure time to Aruba.

Masha danki, thank you – warm greetings from the 'one happy island"

Jacki
09-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Yes, that is how I understood it as well. 72 hours from departure of the leg that lands in Aruba.