09-08-2020, 05:16 PM
107 new positives
all local

schexc
09-08-2020, 05:47 PM
To bad...it looked like they positives were starting to diminish:(

cmynes
09-08-2020, 06:48 PM
I was supposed to leave for Aruba this Saturday. Would have been so excited by now but I know I made the right decision for us at this given time with the way the virus is spreading.

Andrea - I am hoping the numbers will be much better by November for your trip. Fingers crossed!

Andrea J.
09-08-2020, 06:51 PM
such disappointment.
the hospital's covid isolation floor is bursting at the seams.

To bad...it looked like they positives were starting to diminish:(

ArubaAce
09-08-2020, 07:17 PM
YIKES! What can they do to contain it? Could it be large family or friend gatherings if locals are getting the virus in droves but not tourist?

Andrea J.
09-08-2020, 07:33 PM
yes
some of the young adult residents on the island are being very reckless.
there are house parties and those participants do not give a rat's butt about following the rules to keep themselves safe as well as their loved ones safe. many households in Aruba are home to multigenerational families... So 23 yr old goes out and plays cards and listens to music with a bunch of friends, she goes home to where her parents live and maybe a grandparent or 2. This same stuff goes on here in the USA. Heck, it goes on here in my community.
We are still on level 2 here in Polk County. I have friends that gather at homes for poker, pokeno, cribbage, farkel and bridge. Paul is a member of the poker group and we are both part of the farkel and cribbage groups. Our clubhouse used to house these weekly evening games, but the POA has said NO WAY! Not while we are in Level 2 of the reopening. So these groups have decided to play in people's homes. We have bowed out as have many others. But the poker group is still at 12 people and the cribbage group is at 14.

So it is happening everywhere............in Aruba with young folks, In Florida with old folks and everything/everyone in between.

It truly stinks that we cannot count on each other to be respectful.

YIKES! What can they do to contain it? Could it be large family or friend gatherings if locals are getting the virus in droves but not tourist?

cmynes
09-08-2020, 07:55 PM
So true it is happening everywhere, where I live too, but how can one have a conscious to be reckless in places that depend 100% on tourism like Aruba!!! Eventually those locals can infect another local who comes in contact with a tourist and so on! Too bad. We want the best for Aruba, their people and of course tourists!

WaltVB
09-08-2020, 10:26 PM
Okay folks, settle down. We all know trolls only exist to get the rest of us fired up. please just let this die. We all know how trolls are dealt with, in person and on the forum.

Andrea J.
09-08-2020, 10:30 PM
trolls will be banned
Trolls and TrollingTrolls are not welcome and will be banned. An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. They try to start arguments and upset people. Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don’t "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their "achievement" (as they see it). The anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish. They are easily identified by the fact that they are constantly at odds with other members of the forum, and often "poke fun" at individuals they have disagreed with in the past, trying to provoke a reaction. Finally, trolls create a paranoid environment, such that a casual criticism by a new arrival can elicit a ferocious and inappropriate backlash. When you try to reason with a troll, he wins. When you insult a troll, he wins. When you scream at a troll, he wins. The only thing that trolls can’t handle is being ignored. Again we will ban anyone who practices "Trolling".

Andrea J.
09-08-2020, 10:46 PM
We do not put up with nonsense.
None of us appreciate being INSULTED as she did.
I am disgusted, or I should say disappointed by such bad behavior.