PDA

View Full Version : September 16

robin
09-16-2020, 05:39 PM

Makes me want to cry.
176 is too many.:(

Mohair
09-16-2020, 06:09 PM
I feel the same way. It looks like Aruba will have to wait for herd immunity.

ArubaAce
09-16-2020, 06:21 PM
WOW! Makes me sad! I was tempted on rebooking flight I canceled and going but I will wait for my December trip to see if things get better.

Andrea J.
09-16-2020, 07:08 PM
I am not only sad, I am angry at the fact that people cannot and/or will not follow rules or quarantine.
(here in USA and Aruba)

robin
09-16-2020, 07:20 PM
I am not only sad, I am angry at the fact that people cannot and/or will not follow rules or quarantine.
(here in USA and Aruba)

I am totally with you on that Andrea. It is not cannot, it is will not.

Pegmeister
09-16-2020, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately there will always be people who cannot (or refuse to) accept the fact that this virus is serious. Aruba’s numbers are raising at an alarming rate. At least that’s how it appears to me. I hopped they can find a way to get it under control.

robin
09-16-2020, 11:08 PM
Unfortunately there will always be people who cannot (or refuse to) accept the fact that this virus is serious. Aruba’s numbers are raising at an alarming rate. At least that’s how it appears to me. I hopped they can find a way to get it under control.

Start patrolling the beaches in plain clothes and start arresting large groups. Go through the stores and business and write tickets with high fines for improper mask usage. Implement high fines for homeowners/renters who have parties.

B Likes To Travel
09-16-2020, 11:11 PM
Some refuse to take it seriously. Some think it’s “planned” and “just the flu” so they refuse to be cautious and follow protocols. Bizzare.

Aruba4ever
09-17-2020, 08:23 AM
Those numbers are beyond scary! I was heading into home depot and there were 2 guys in front of me talking about the hoax and they knew nobody who had it....insists its made up. I had all I could do with not butting in but I bite my tongue.

Some refuse to take it seriously. Some think it’s “planned” and “just the flu” so they refuse to be cautious and follow protocols. Bizzare.

robin
09-17-2020, 09:10 AM
Just a flu attitude is so dangerous. No one knows if Covid will lie dormant for years and then come back and effect us in a different way. It could be like Chicken Pox that comes back as Shingles or the HSV-1 which causes cold sores even when you are not ill. There is so much the medical community does not know about this virus, yet everyone is an expert.

cmynes
09-17-2020, 09:43 AM
Agree with all of you. We know people who had this virus who have residual after effects with their lungs. This was an especially difficult week since we would have been in Aruba now. Instead we came to the Jersey shore for 3 nights. So not the same and we got hit with unusually cold weather although sunny. Sweatshirt on the beach yesterday! Ugh. But a change of pace. I know in my heart with the numbers the way they are it was the right thing to do not to travel to Aruba at this time. Always a chance of getting the virus and if it happens I want to be near my hospital, Hackensack University. This is all just awful for so many.

robin
09-17-2020, 01:58 PM
Agree with all of you. We know people who had this virus who have residual after effects with their lungs. This was an especially difficult week since we would have been in Aruba now. Instead we came to the Jersey shore for 3 nights. So not the same and we got hit with unusually cold weather although sunny. Sweatshirt on the beach yesterday! Ugh. But a change of pace. I know in my heart with the numbers the way they are it was the right thing to do not to travel to Aruba at this time. Always a chance of getting the virus and if it happens I want to be near my hospital, Hackensack University. This is all just awful for so many.

It surely has been chilly this week. I went out for my morning walk on Tuesday and had to come back for a sweatshirt. Which shore area are you visiting?

Andrea J.
09-17-2020, 03:44 PM
:rolleyes::cool::owe are off topic here. SORRY

the topic ....Sept 16 numbers n Aruba