PDA

View Full Version : New Requirements Effective next week

robin
09-16-2020, 07:25 PM
https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

I saw the post on FB but haven't read all of it yet.

Andrea J.
09-16-2020, 07:30 PM
SEPT. 24 UPDATE ON ENTRY REQUIREMENTSThe Government of Aruba together with the Department of Public Health continuously monitors the situation based on a range of factors and epidemiological indicators to assess risk levels. As per September 24 2020 changes will be made to the testing requirements for specific states to ensure safeguards are in line with the latest circumstances.
To increase safety measures for the health and wellbeing of travelers and our locals, visitors from the United States residing in below states will require additional testing. See theCOVID-19 Testing Requirements page (https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements/covid-testing) for the exact details for your state.

Arizona

Arkansas

Florida

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky*

Louisiana

Maryland*

Minnesota*

Missouri*

Montana*

Nebraska*

North Carolina

North Dakota*

Oklahoma

Pennsylvania*

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Utah

Virginia*

Wisconsin

Wyoming

States marked with an asterisk* will go into effect on September 24th.
We recognize this causes an extra step for those wanting to travel, however, these are necessary safeguards designed to keep Aruba safe and free of health risks.
Per September 24th, the following states have been removed from this list:

Alabama

California

Colorado

Georgia

Idaho

Mississippi

Nevada

Ohio

Oregon

Texas

See the COVID-19 Testing Requirements page (https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements/covid-testing) for the exact details for your state.
Please continue to check this Traveler Health Requirements page for updates.

Traceyd14
09-16-2020, 07:44 PM
Should we just move before November and establish residency in another state :rolleyes: (joking of course)
I was finally feeling good about our trip then I saw this today and it made me so sad to see our state on the list, but honestly not surprised. I talked myself down by saying we still have 2 months for things to change. And if not, we test at a couple places and hope for the best.

Andrea J.
09-16-2020, 07:55 PM
I say move!

Should we just move before November and establish residency in another state :rolleyes: (joking of course)
I was finally feeling good about our trip then I saw this today and it made me so sad to see our state on the list, but honestly not surprised. I talked myself down by saying we still have 2 months for things to change. And if not, we test at a couple places and hope for the best.

ArubaAce
09-16-2020, 08:15 PM
Yea I no longer feel confident and will probably cancel my December trip. I will see how it goes first.

robin
09-16-2020, 11:04 PM
I wonder if the they have told the Arubans if they don't start following guidelines, the restrictions will be harsher and have greater fines and jail time.

B Likes To Travel
09-16-2020, 11:04 PM
I expected and expect changes to occur over the next few months. Hopefully, things get better!

B Likes To Travel
09-16-2020, 11:06 PM
People who aren’t following guidelines really don’t care. Hard to believe but nothing surprises me these days...

I wonder if the they have told the Arubans if they don't start following guidelines, the restrictions will be harsher and have greater fines and jail time.

vanessa
09-16-2020, 11:38 PM
can somebody help me understand what these changes mean? I read the rules but I’m still confused

For PA resident—Is the new change for Pennsylvania mean that if I get a Molecular PCR test before I leave Pennsylvania 72 hours before my flight then I don’t need to retest when I land in Aruba.Am I understanding this correctly

Andrea J.
09-16-2020, 11:44 PM
yes
actually the test needs to be loaded in to the ED card site approx 12 hrs prior to fight time, so you really want the test results back in 60 hrs.

if your test is negative then you will not have to test in Aruba.
if your test is something other than the PCR test, Aruba will allow you to board the plane and then re test in Aruba (PCR)...then quarantine at your resort til the results come back ...anywhere 4 to 12 hrs.
can somebody help me understand what these changes mean? I read the rules but I’m still confused

For PA resident—Is the new change for Pennsylvania mean that if I get a Molecular PCR test before I leave Pennsylvania 72 hours before my flight then I don’t need to retest when I land in Aruba.Am I understanding this correctly