PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable Covid Tests

ArubaAce
09-29-2020, 05:10 PM
I know we have probably exhausted the testing topic but I found this service under a website for rapid testing for travel. I wonder if this would be accepted since you are mailing to a lab and getting results back from a lab. Except, how could you prove this was your sample. Anyone else heard of this?

Website link below.

https://welltreedx.com/main/executive_covid-19-pcr/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxJLH7ZSP7AIVrksVCB1b_AeSEAEYASA AEgLLI_D_BwE

Andrea J.
09-29-2020, 05:46 PM
this link may help
https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements/covid-testing#your-options

I know we have probably exhausted the testing topic but I found this service under a website for rapid testing for travel. I wonder if this would be accepted since you are mailing to a lab and getting results back from a lab. Except, how could you prove this was your sample. Anyone else heard of this?

Website link below.

https://welltreedx.com/main/executive_covid-19-pcr/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxJLH7ZSP7AIVrksVCB1b_AeSEAEYASA AEgLLI_D_BwE

ArubaAce
09-29-2020, 06:57 PM
This is very helpful thanks!

I think for me I rather test on arrival. It's only a few hours quarantine the first day and I rarely ever go out for dinner, pool or beach the first day. I'm usually very tired the first day and would rather order a pizza and stay in my room or balcony. We shall see..

EDMLS1358
09-30-2020, 04:27 PM
This is very helpful thanks!

I think for me I rather test on arrival. It's only a few hours quarantine the first day and I rarely ever go out for dinner, pool or beach the first day. I'm usually very tired the first day and would rather order a pizza and stay in my room or balcony. We shall see..
We got tested yesterday at Riverside Medical in Secaucus, less than 1 hour from arrival until test result in hand, uploaded to ED card site and approved in seconds. Well worth it if just for the peace of mind factor.

SkiChris
09-30-2020, 10:48 PM
Hi Aruba Ace,
I was in Aruba from Sept 10-20th and I was tested at the Aruba airport. It was a quick and easy process. The testing area is the very last area before you exit the airport (just after the customs screening machines). I was only in line for 1-2 minutes and then they took me right in for testing. There is an area with a check-in desk and they give you a test tube. Then you move over to an area with several chairs (all spaced apart) and a nurse has you sit in one of the chairs while he/she collects the sample. First they ask you to open your mouth and they use a long Q-tip/swab to touch the back of your throat (that isn't bad). Then they'll use the same swab and insert it in your nostril (they go all the way in again to touch the back of your throat - that is not pleasant but not too bad). Then they swab the second nostril (same way) and the swab goes in your tube. It is a quick sampling process. Once you have been sampled, you can leave airport and go to your accommodations to wait for test results. The minute you walk out of the airport and feel the Aruba sun and breezes – it makes it ALL worth it!
I was tested at 2pm and received results at 2am. My sister did the same process the following day. She tested at 3pm and received her results by 11pm. On our first night, my husband and I had groceries delivered and made a nice dinner in the room. We watched a nice movie, went to bed early, and woke up early the next day to start our absolutely amazing vacation in Aruba. We kept saying “what took us this long to decide to return? This is amazing!”.

ArubaAce
09-30-2020, 10:53 PM
Hi Aruba Ace,
I was in Aruba from Sept 10-20th and I was tested at the Aruba airport. It was a quick and easy process. The testing area is the very last area before you exit the airport (just after the customs screening machines). I was only in line for 1-2 minutes and then they took me right in for testing. There is an area with a check-in desk and they give you a test tube. Then you move over to an area with several chairs (all spaced apart) and a nurse has you sit in one of the chairs while he/she collects the sample. First they ask you to open your mouth and they use a long Q-tip/swab to touch the back of your throat (that isn't bad). Then they'll use the same swab and insert it in your nostril (they go all the way in again to touch the back of your throat - that is not pleasant but not too bad). Then they swab the second nostril (same way) and the swab goes in your tube. It is a quick sampling process. Once you have been sampled, you can leave airport and go to your accommodations to wait for test results. The minute you walk out of the airport and feel the Aruba sun and breezes – it makes it ALL worth it!
I was tested at 2pm and received results at 2am. My sister did the same process the following day. She tested at 3pm and received her results by 11pm. On our first night, my husband and I had groceries delivered and made a nice dinner in the room. We watched a nice movie, went to bed early, and woke up early the next day to start our absolutely amazing vacation in Aruba. We kept saying “what took us this long to decide to return? This is amazing!”. Thanks for sharing. Now you got me all excited! Ha ha ha. They send the result to an email, an app?

WaltVB
10-01-2020, 08:29 AM
Ace, you have to download an app to get results: https://www.aruba.com/us/aruba-health-app

SkiChris
10-01-2020, 06:35 PM
Hi Aruba Ace,
Yes - you do receive the results by email but you must also download the app that Walt recommended above prior to taking the test in Aruba. The Aruba airport is strict on that and you need to show them the app on your phone (or on a laptop computer) before they will test you. It is a quick app to install and has lots of good information on it....and it will also display your test results too.
I'm glad you are getting excited. The beaches are fantastic because there are palapas for everyone! (no matter what time you make it out to the beach). Tons of room / separation from others so you feel completely comfortable. A true once in a lifetime opportunity to enjoy Aruba Beaches. You'll be in heaven.

Lynnette Bartol
10-02-2020, 01:10 PM
Hi Aruba Ace,
I was tested at 2pm and received results at 2am. My sister did the same process the following day. She tested at 3pm and received her results by 11pm. On our first night, my husband and I had groceries delivered and made a nice dinner in the room. We watched a nice movie, went to bed early, and woke up early the next day to start our absolutely amazing vacation in Aruba. We kept saying “what took us this long to decide to return? This is amazing!”.

WOW! Thats the way to go - less hassle i guess. Thanks for sharing :D This might get everybody excited.

phrogg108
10-02-2020, 01:11 PM
Ace, you have to download an app to get results: https://www.aruba.com/us/aruba-health-app

This may be a dumb question, but does the online ED card registration and this Aruba Health app "talk" to each other? If I got a test in the States before heading to Aruba, do those results get uploaded to the online ED form or this health app? Or is this health app only for getting tested and getting those results once you land in Aruba? Sorry if this has been answered before...

ArubaAce
10-02-2020, 01:31 PM
WOW! Thats the way to go - less hassle i guess. Thanks for sharing :D This might get everybody excited. Testing timing results may improve in the states for the coming months on account that more and more people are starting to travel and schools also requiring students to test and get results within a specific time frame. I just received an email from a local Urgent Care Center only 10 blocks away. They promise results within 24-48 hours 95% of the time and within 72 hours 5% of the time. They mentioned they test according to the country you are traveling to and work with the airlines to upload them the test results. It's new service they started to accommodate students and travelers you just have to mention that upfront. Now I'm getting even more excited about traveling!

Laura in NH
10-07-2020, 03:00 PM
This may be a dumb question, but does the online ED card registration and this Aruba Health app "talk" to each other? If I got a test in the States before heading to Aruba, do those results get uploaded to the online ED form or this health app? Or is this health app only for getting tested and getting those results once you land in Aruba? Sorry if this has been answered before...

I d/l the health app and registered. Then I completed the first step - ED info. I did this about two weeks prior to departure. 72 hours prior to departure I rec'd an email from Aruba ED Card reminding me it's time to complete the next steps - covid test and insurance purchase. I waited to do this until I had my negative results which came in about 33 hours later.

The reminder email has instructions and links and if I can do it, I think anyone can. I took a screenshot of my covid test info and made sure it had my name, etc. as well as test type, date, negative. That is the jpg file I uploaded. The reminder email also has a link to go buy the insurance. Once purchased, you get and email from Support Aruba Visitors Insurance with a copy of the policy. I took a screenshot of my proof of insurance as well.

About 30 minutes later I rec'd an email from Aruba ED Card confirming my registration and an attachment with my green check and ED# - took a screen shot. Everything I screenshot, I also printed. For me, it is easier to pull out a piece of paper or pull up a photo on my phone than to try to open and app or email since I turn off cellular when I travel.

JetBlue, Aruba Health Authorities, and Divi Village front desk all wanted to see the test results and/or green checkmark.

And, FWIW, I flew back on Saturday night 10/3. Monday 10/5 I went online to WDH and scheduled another covid test (for a sanity check for the SU) and had an appt same day at 11:15.
18 hours later I had my negative results - so WDH in Dover, NH is still getting results back before 72 hours. The only thing is I have no idea how much the test is there because I still haven't received the bill for the test I took on 9/17.

Laura in NH
10-14-2020, 01:22 PM
Ok I finally got the bill for my first covid test and it’s $213. More than expected, but I guess I’ll just add that onto the cost of my trip this year.

SkiChris
10-14-2020, 04:40 PM
$213 - ouch! I paid $75 for the Aruba Airport test and thought that was high....so your figure makes the cost of the Aruba airport test more palatable. But at least you had the benefit of knowing you were cleared from the moment you started your vacation at the airport, and that sanity check can be priceless.

Andrea J.
10-14-2020, 06:03 PM
that is high. :(

does insurance cover it testing?

Ok I finally got the bill for my first covid test and it’s $213. More than expected, but I guess I’ll just add that onto the cost of my trip this year.

Laura in NH
10-14-2020, 06:56 PM
that is high. :(

does insurance cover it testing?

I didn't bother submitting because 1) it wasn't medically necessary, and 2) I have a 1500 deductible that won't be met by year end.

Laura in NH
10-14-2020, 06:57 PM
$213 - ouch! I paid $75 for the Aruba Airport test and thought that was high....so your figure makes the cost of the Aruba airport test more palatable. But at least you had the benefit of knowing you were cleared from the moment you started your vacation at the airport, and that sanity check can be priceless.

I wouldn't have gone without testing negative beforehand. I couldn't take the chance on testing positive in Aruba, even false positive, and being isolated for an unknown time.