PDA

View Full Version : Relaxing of restrictions

Andrea J.
11-24-2020, 11:03 PM
these are the lessening of restrictions.
cannot say I am overwhelmed with joy.
I hope that they are not doing too much too soon.

B Likes To Travel
11-24-2020, 11:35 PM
Table capacity - whoa.

robin
11-25-2020, 12:43 AM
This allows for all the holiday parties.

WaltVB
11-25-2020, 07:20 AM
The seating is for the locals I would assume, glad they are allowing live music.

Traceyd14
11-25-2020, 07:54 AM
I felt the same about the music, Walt. I am taking a wait and see approach on when and where we will participate.

annf
11-25-2020, 12:01 PM
I hope I am wrong...but looks to me like a disaster waiting to happen. This is not March...we know so much more now. Large gatherings are known virus spreaders.

Andrea J.
11-25-2020, 01:31 PM
you got that right Ann!!!!

will we see you at the beach?

I hope I am wrong...but looks to me like a disaster waiting to happen. This is not March...we know so much more now. Large gatherings are known virus spreaders.

brady bear
11-25-2020, 01:41 PM
Why break something that is not broken?
The "regulations" was working great and not
a problem to follow.
Visitors.. do what you're doing at home while there.
Covid is not something to play with

annf
11-25-2020, 04:56 PM
you got that right Ann!!!!

will we see you at the beach?

I hope so!!!

Arawak
11-26-2020, 03:40 PM
Why break something that is not broken?
The "regulations" was working great and not
a problem to follow.
Visitors.. do what you're doing at home while there.
Covid is not something to play with

Because just like in many other (western) countries, it's difficult legally to deny people's rights for such an extended period of time. There have already been court cases, for instance on the legality of the curfew, which the government ended up winning(thankfully,imo). The government thus needs to ease the restrictions when things are going relatively well, to be able to have the support(legally and within the community) to again implement restrictions should the situation go south again.

In the end its still up to the individual and not the government. The ease on just some of the restrictions isn't going to change that. I have personally already received some invitations, but whether they are at a restaurant with 12 people per table or at someone's house, that's not going to make much of a difference. The difference is made by me not going in the first place or have a yard so big all my friends/family can sit 2 meters apart while still being close enough to talk and have some fun.