This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Fool and a Boat

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a huge problem with his advertisement. I find it offensive and a turn-off. In addition, if I'm spending that kind of money, I do not want a tour of the marina!
    Darlene
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't book this "Foolish" trip for 5 bucks. If he captains the boat like he writes, I wouldn't step foot on it tied to the pier.

0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Hmm, creative writing? Mildly offensive, “women sun tan while men fish”; no Vegans, babies, wheelchairs or blind persons”. Based on the write up I would pass.
    I would also pass..
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually dont have a problem with his wording. I think he is doing people a favor by being himself; if you find this offensive, you probably wouldnt like my sense of humor and this is not the tour for you. I think the sunbathing versus fishing, let's be honest, it's true in many cases. I'm a woman who likes to fish, but someone taking a boat tour at noon that happens to include a little fishing isnt the hardcore fishing enthusiast in most cases.

Their website had a similar tone when he ran the restaurant and it was a huge turn off to us, so we didnt go.

Here is the part I have an issue with. I sent an email asking a specific question about the boat. I got a quick response that he would follow up the next day. That was 2 weeks ago and nothing back yet. Thats more offensive to me.

****Follow up Edit**** received a follow up email with explanation that was acceptable customer service in my opinion.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 11-06-2018 at 10:10 AM. Reason: received a response

0 4

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, his not responding to your inquiry is not good either.

I know that he has a large fan base (from his 2 fools/bull days) but I wonder if they would be the folks that would take this kind of excursion?

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I actually dont have a problem with his wording. I think he is doing people a favor by being himself; if you find this offensive, you probably wouldnt like my sense of humor and this is not the tour for you. I think the sunbathing versus fishing, let's be honest, it's true in many cases. I'm a woman who likes to fish, but someone taking a boat tour at noon that happens to include a little fishing isnt the hardcore fishing enthusiast in most cases.

Their website had a similar tone when he ran the restaurant and it was a huge turn off to us, so we didnt go.

Here is the part I have an issue with. I sent an email asking a specific question about the boat. I got a quick response that he would follow up the next day. That was 2 weeks ago and nothing back yet. Thats more offensive to me.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We took the boat tour a couple of weeks ago. Had a fantastic time...started at the pier near Moomba, cruised along the beaches, past downtown, had a plane fly right overhead by the airport, and headed to Mangel Halto. From there you could swim, snorkel, whatever you wanted. We didn't fish but went out around the reef on the boat in search of dolphins (saw them on the Tranquilo once when we went beyond the reef). No dolphins on our day though. Had some great sandwich wraps, beer, water (he also has wine but I'm not a wine drinker in the sun) and headed back past Zeerovers, Renaissance Island, and back to the pier at Moomba. Fun, relaxing day on the water! I love being on a boat on the water so this was perfect for us. Paul was a great captain and safety always came first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 Fool and a Boat-20181007_140811-jpg   1 Fool and a Boat-20181007_131841-jpg   1 Fool and a Boat-20181007_143521-jpg   1 Fool and a Boat-20181007_141017-jpg  

1 Fool and a Boat-20181007_163430-jpg  
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 11-05-2018 at 11:16 PM.
    ~Amy~® -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April/May 2020

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice pix

re: getting in and out of his boat for snorkeling or swimming.
    what kind of ladder/steps does he have and were they easy to use?

wine and the sun.......never a good mix for me.
    I can close my eyes and feel the wine-sun headache-nausea in my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    We took the boat tour a couple of weeks ago. Had a fantastic time...started at the pier near Moomba, cruised along the beaches, past downtown, had a plane fly right overhead by the airport, and headed to Mangel Halto. From there you could swim, snorkel, whatever you wanted. We didn't fish but went out around the reef on the boat in search of dolphins (saw them on the Tranquilo once when we went beyond the reef). No dolphins on our day though. Had some great sandwich wraps, beer, water (he also has wine but I'm not a wine drinker in the sun) and headed back past Zeerovers, Renaissance Island, and back to the pier at Moomba. Fun, relaxing day on the water! I love being on a boat on the water so this was perfect for us. Paul was a great captain and safety always came first.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    nice pix

re: getting in and out of his boat for snorkeling or swimming.
    what kind of ladder/steps does he have and were they easy to use?

wine and the sun.......never a good mix for me.
    I can close my eyes and feel the wine-sun headache-nausea in my imagination.
    I love wine but can't drink it in the sun - gives me a headache. Having said that I probably could have gone for a glass toward the end of the trip which was around 4pm and I was in the shade on the boat.

Ladder is off the back of the boat and is the usual type of sturdy ladder (not sure what they're made of? But similar to the one on the Tranquilo) - no problems getting in or out.
    ~Amy~® -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April/May 2020

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    To follow up I decided to send a reminder email to the owner and received a response and apology this morning. I asked for a photo of the ladder, but did not ask if I could share. I would say if you have been on smaller fishing or pontoon boats and done a ladder on the back of the boat you will be fine, but it's ladder, not steps, and there is no hand rail on the sides. There is a small 1 step swim platform next to the outboard and a handle to grab on too. Mobility issues or recent knee or hip surgery, I would say no. If you google sport boat ladder you can get an idea.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 11-06-2018 at 09:39 AM.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Amy, what is the cost of just a boat tour and no fishing? Is it the same price? We wouldn't mind touring the island.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1