This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Arikok

Post Thanks / Like

Arikok

Coming to Aruba for the first time in May and looking at renting a jeep and spending a day exploring Arikok. Has anyone done the hike from Dos Playa to Conchi? What is it like? What else do we need to see?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekp View Post
    Coming to Aruba for the first time in May and looking at renting a jeep and spending a day exploring Arikok. Has anyone done the hike from Dos Playa to Conchi? What is it like? What else do we need to see?

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings
    Contact the park office, they will tell you where you’re allowed to hike. Many places in the area mentioned are protected, some contain critically endangered species that exist only there

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Their map shows a trail, I'm just wondering the difficulty and how well marked it is? It follows the coast and I'm betting it's beautiful but....

http://www.arubanationalpark.org/main/park-map/
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.arubanationalpark.org/main/park-map/ The map shows a trail following the coast from Dos Playa to Conchi and I have contacted the Park regarding it. According to them it's 1.9 miles(actually goes from Boca Prin and it's almost 3 miles). They say it's rough terrain but that is subjective so hoping someone has first hand experience. The only info I've been able to find was from quite awhile ago and they said lost the trail regularly but seems like improvements to roads trails and signage has been made since.
    0 0

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The park offers guided hiking tours with a park ranger. I do not know how they do it whether its on demand or a certain day, if they charge any money or not, but they start at the park office and end there. You need to contact them.

Its rough terrain and everything is sharp and has thorns, you will also have no cell coverage if there was an emergency, the park rangers have a walkie talkie radios.

0 1