This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Aruba Bob Snorkeling Review - A can't miss for water lovers!

Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    Ok, just wondering. My grandson has one of these and we took it with us to St Thomas once. So I wasn't sure if it's the same or not.

Just wondering... IMO, when you snorkel, it's best to go slow, sometimes hover above the coral so that the "critters" come out from hiding. This has always been the best way to snorkel and see things you normally wouldn't see if just swimming by and splashing etc. So...can someone explain why using this motorized fan is good? Doesn't it scare off the fish and such? Just wondering. I know this tour comes highly recommended and I do plan on doing it based on what everyone has said over the years about this wonderful experience. I'm just trying to wrap my head around it though. TIA
    Aruba Bob's Snorkeling will be for sure one of your highlights. It's on my bucket list.

He has a great website which provides lots of answers to lots of questions. Here are some answers you had asked. For instance, why he uses scooters:

OUR TOUR

Unlike some snorkeling tours, we enter from the beach and not a boat. Using our underwater scooters we cover nearly one mile of reef. It is truly spectacular!

Should I bring my camera?
    We recommend that you don't bring your camera. It can be difficult to use with the underwater scooter plus your camera may bang against the side and get damaged or you may drop it while your mind is on all the beautiful sights below you. Let us take care of the photos for you, we have lots of experience and will be able to get some great shots of you while you snorkel and of the fish and coral too. How much does that cost I hear you ask? Not a Penny! It's all included in the price. Photos will be sent via an online web album usually within 24hrs.

Is there a minimum and maximum age?
    Yes, the minimum age is 10 years old and the maximum age is 70 years old. If your children are under 10 years old they will need to be great swimmers and very comfortable in the ocean or they will not have a good time.

I have snorkeled most of Aruba, can you offer me a different experience? Absolutely! Mangel Halto is one of the most beautiful spots on the island to snorkel with a great collection of corals and a wide variety of marine life. You will not find anything else like it.

We recommend that you don't bring your camera. It can be difficult to use with the underwater scooter plus your camera may bang against the side and get damaged or you may drop it while your mind is on all the beautiful sights below you. Let us take care of the photos for you, we have lots of experience and will be able to get some great shots of you while you snorkel and of the fish and coral too. How much does that cost I hear you ask? Not a Penny! It's all included in the price. Photos will be sent via an online web album usually within 24hrs.

Here is the link with much more info and a photo gallery:

http://www.arubabob.com/

He has a FB site as well with lots of stunning photos and videos. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/ArubaBobSnorkeling/
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Due to the currents in the are and the length of the tour, the fan helps the average swimmer be able to enjoy the tour without getting tired or having to fight currents. We did not feel rushed and had time to enjoy all of the beauty below.
    Thanks for the info. I was reading (can't remember who posted at the time and it might have been you) that you received hundreds of pictures from your snorkel. Did these pictures include some like they show on their website with the very close up pictures of the fish and wildlife? I would assume that they take tons of pictures of everyone snorkeling and the surroundings, but in order to get those close ups or macro pictures of coral and such, you pretty much have to be going pretty slow or stopped. That's why I'm wondering if those pictures they have on the website of all the fish and corals were actually done during a trip with people (or for advertisement and was done on their own while snorkeling).

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Aruba Bob's Snorkeling will be for sure one of your highlights. It's on my bucket list.

He has a great website which provides lots of answers to lots of questions. Here are some answers you had asked. For instance, why he uses scooters:

OUR TOUR

Unlike some snorkeling tours, we enter from the beach and not a boat. Using our underwater scooters we cover nearly one mile of reef. It is truly spectacular!

Should I bring my camera?

Is there a minimum and maximum age?
    Yes, the minimum age is 10 years old and the maximum age is 70 years old. If your children are under 10 years old they will need to be great swimmers and very comfortable in the ocean or they will not have a good time.

I have snorkeled most of Aruba, can you offer me a different experience? Absolutely! Mangel Halto is one of the most beautiful spots on the island to snorkel with a great collection of corals and a wide variety of marine life. You will not find anything else like it.

Here is the link with much more info and a photo gallery:

http://www.arubabob.com/

He has a FB site as well with lots of stunning photos and videos. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/ArubaBobSnorkeling/
    Thanks (see above for the comments on the pictures).
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    While on the trip, the guides would dive down to get close up pictures and they would point out creatures to make sure we saw them. We never felt rushed at all. Again, I strongly recommend you do a private tour so it can be at your own pace, and address your picture concerns to them so they can answer with certainty. You seem very concerned with stopping, but we did not find it to be an issue.

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think audia should contact arubabob.
    kent, the owner is a forum member.
    i think if audia sends kent a message with her questions/concerns, kent will be more than willing to answer.

While on the trip, the guides would dive down to get close up pictures and they would point out creatures to make sure we saw them. We never felt rushed at all. Again, I strongly recommend you do a private tour so it can be at your own pace, and address your picture concerns to them so they can answer with certainty. You seem very concerned with stopping, but we did not find it to be an issue.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really concerned with actually "stopping", just going slow enough to see things and being able to take it all in. I have been on so many excursions that go so fast that you miss a lot (not only with snorkeling but diving as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i think audia should contact arubabob.
    kent, the owner is a forum member.
    i think if audia sends kent a message with her questions/concerns, kent will be more than willing to answer.
    I might have to do that. I emailed Aruba Bob from their site about booking last week and received a generic email saying they would review my dates and get back to me within 48 hours. It's actually been 5 days already.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I did e-mail Audia back in 3 days and apologized to her. For some reason, Kyra missed her e-mail, so we are waiting to hear back from her. To answer a few questions for you. Stuart went to New Zealand 2 years ago because he did not get his papers in line and since we incorporated, we had no choice but to let him go. We now have Alex who is here all year long and Coco is a part time guy. Then Kyra spends Summer and Winter here (6 months) and I (Aruba Bob) am here summer and winter (7 months). The scooters are necessary because there can be a lot of current in this area. But hands down, it is the BEST coral reef on the Island. The scooters are not the really fast ones like SeaBob because we don't want to fly over the fish and coral. We want to see as much as we can. Some people bring go pros and we mount them on to the scooters but as far as cameras, we all take a camera so you get about 200 pictures from the tour. We do not charge for the pictures so they are free. We can get some really great shots because we do this every day. We would rather you enjoy the tour and let us handle the pictures. You can go on our website and see some of the pictures. arubabobsnorkeling.com. We do fill up fast but now that we have 4 guides, we can pretty well find a spot to work you in. So just go on the website and fill out a form and usually Kyra ( Our Daughter) checks them several times a day so you will get a response very quickly. Although she is human, once in awhile she does over look one and then she feels bad. So I guess the saying goes, we don't want to be the cheapest tour on Aruba, but we want to be the BEST tour on Aruba. So if you want the best snorkeling in Aruba, fill out a form and let us show you what God has created under the waters. I heard a saying and there is 7 times more water than land, so maybe we should spend 7 times more time under the water!!!!!! I guess then we would have to be a FISH!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Alex at arubabob@live.com or call Alex local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 53rd trip Dec 5, 2018.
    0 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Kent!!!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Hey guys, I did e-mail Audia back in 3 days and apologized to her. For some reason, Kyra missed her e-mail, so we are waiting to hear back from her. To answer a few questions for you. Stuart went to New Zealand 2 years ago because he did not get his papers in line and since we incorporated, we had no choice but to let him go. We now have Alex who is here all year long and Coco is a part time guy. Then Kyra spends Summer and Winter here (6 months) and I (Aruba Bob) am here summer and winter (7 months). The scooters are necessary because there can be a lot of current in this area. But hands down, it is the BEST coral reef on the Island. The scooters are not the really fast ones like SeaBob because we don't want to fly over the fish and coral. We want to see as much as we can. Some people bring go pros and we mount them on to the scooters but as far as cameras, we all take a camera so you get about 200 pictures from the tour. We do not charge for the pictures so they are free. We can get some really great shots because we do this every day. We would rather you enjoy the tour and let us handle the pictures. You can go on our website and see some of the pictures. arubabobsnorkeling.com. We do fill up fast but now that we have 4 guides, we can pretty well find a spot to work you in. So just go on the website and fill out a form and usually Kyra ( Our Daughter) checks them several times a day so you will get a response very quickly. Although she is human, once in awhile she does over look one and then she feels bad. So I guess the saying goes, we don't want to be the cheapest tour on Aruba, but we want to be the BEST tour on Aruba. So if you want the best snorkeling in Aruba, fill out a form and let us show you what God has created under the waters. I heard a saying and there is 7 times more water than land, so maybe we should spend 7 times more time under the water!!!!!! I guess then we would have to be a FISH!!
    Thanks so much Kent. So glad I heard from you and was able to book. I'm so excited!!! I get nervous when I hear it's such a popular tour and you book up really fast and when I don't hear back, I'm always afraid I'm too late.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to seeing you soon.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    when is your trip to aruba audiaS4?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    when is your trip to aruba audiaS4?
    We will arrive July 24th.
    0 0