This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Atlantis Submarine Expedition

Post Thanks / Like

Atlantis Submarine Expedition

Has anyone gone on this? Was it worth $115 per person? Also I was told there is no parking there so where and what would the parking cost?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    there is MUCH parking nearby at the Seaport Marketplace/Marina area and the parking costs are minimal...just a few dollars.
    (using the search bar upper right enter paid parking and some threads will appear.)

my son has been on that sub about 15+ times in aruba and 1x in st thomas.
    he first went on the one in st Thomas when he was 5 yrs old.
    my husband, son and I were on the one in aruba in 1996 or 97 and then my son went on again numerous times by himself while Paul and I waited it out.
    He LOVED it.
    I think the Atlantis convinced him to be a submariner for a career.
    (disclosure: he is now a nuclear engineer dept of defense (submarines) and a lt commander us navy reserve..nuclear engineer.)

Me, it was ok.........it was not claustrophobic, the visibility was good, plenty of air-conditioning and I think that we went about 90 feet deep.
    Once was enough.
    If you are a scuba or snorkel person, I would say skip it and go for a nice snorkel adventure instead.

Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    Has anyone gone on this? Was it worth $115 per person? Also I was told there is no parking there so where and what would the parking cost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, maybe spend the money on a couple of good dinners? That is funny that your son is a nuclear engineer, he must of knew it back then that is what he wanted to be!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was those many trips on the Atlantis that had him hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    Hmmm, maybe spend the money on a couple of good dinners? That is funny that your son is a nuclear engineer, he must of knew it back then that is what he wanted to be!