This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beach Tennis. Nov 2019

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.arubabeachtennisopen.com/location
    correct!
    Bushiri Beach

Apparently that area had been cleaned up sufficiently to be able to host this event.
    The good thing is that it pulls the congestion out of the area on Eagle Beach.
    The bad thing is that there will not be as many drop ins (walkers wandering in from Eagle)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMtl View Post
    Actually, they were talking about moving it to Bushiri Beach.
    ‘If you look at the blurb on that page it’s says Eagle Beach in the text but if you look to the middle right side it says “Bushiri Beach”

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't imagine the congestion in that area(Bushiri) during the tournament. Until they finish Watty Vos, everyone will have to drive through that area. At least on Eagle Beach those going north could avoid Irausquin and take the LG Smith. I wonder if they are going to have to bus people/players to the tournament since the hotels and condos are not nearby adding to the congestion. I know they had parking for visitors in the empty lot between Oceania and Screaming Eagle if they have enough space for the tournament and parking at the new site.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    https://www.arubabeachtennisopen.com/location
    correct!
    Bushiri Beach

Apparently that area had been cleaned up sufficiently to be able to host this event.
    The good thing is that it pulls the congestion out of the area on Eagle Beach.
    The bad thing is that there will not be as many drop ins (walkers wandering in from Eagle)

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    very good point robin!

I know there is a good amount of land, and hopefully that will provide good parking and I hope that they can do a good job with traffic/congestion.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I can't imagine the congestion in that area(Bushiri) during the tournament. Until they finish Watty Vos, everyone will have to drive through that area. At least on Eagle Beach those going north could avoid Irausquin and take the LG Smith. I wonder if they are going to have to bus people/players to the tournament since the hotels and condos are not nearby adding to the congestion. I know they had parking for visitors in the empty lot between Oceania and Screaming Eagle if they have enough space for the tournament and parking at the new site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember also that a good portion of the new roads should be completed by then.

They are currently working on fixing up the beach and yes tons of sand has been brought over. I prefer it to Eagle because it has more space. Another reason is parking. Although I have a feeling this event is going to be very big this year and parking will still not be enough.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Along Eagle Beach are are quite a few restaurants, but not in that area. I hope they took that are able to bring in enough vendors.

You said the road should be done. When is the new highway, Watty Vos, suppose to open?

Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    Remember also that a good portion of the new roads should be completed by then.

They are currently working on fixing up the beach and yes tons of sand has been brought over. I prefer it to Eagle because it has more space. Another reason is parking. Although I have a feeling this event is going to be very big this year and parking will still not be enough.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the Vacations by Aruba newsletter that came out yesterday, the beach tennis has been moved to Bushiri Beach
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes indeed!
    originally scheduled for eagle beach, but now moved to bushshiri area.

was discussed a few posts back in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    According to the Vacations by Aruba newsletter that came out yesterday, the beach tennis has been moved to Bushiri Beach

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Along Eagle Beach are are quite a few restaurants, but not in that area. I hope they took that are able to bring in enough vendors.

You said the road should be done. When is the new highway, Watty Vos, suppose to open?
    I am not sure, but its practically all paved up and ready to be opened. What is left to complete are the two overpasses in Hato and Cumana. The one in Hato at least is pretty advanced. Funny enough, if you open google maps you can already see the entire highway. They must've taken it very recently.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Arawak!!!!!
    periodically I look at that map, but never in satellite mode.
    the route looks terrific.

when the new route is fully opened, sadly, so many of the tourists to Aruba will never see the downtown.
    they'll arrive at the airport, hop in a cab or shuttle bus and wind up on the Watty Vos and on to the Lo or Hi rise......while never catching a glimpse at the downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    I am not sure, but its practically all paved up and ready to be opened. What is left to complete are the two overpasses in Hato and Cumana. The one in Hato at least is pretty advanced. Funny enough, if you open google maps you can already see the entire highway. They must've taken it very recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just went on to google maps and looked. It surely shows that they are getting closer to being done. It is weird that one of the roundabouts is an oval and not round.

I guess some people will not see downtown, but I think people will still go there to shop.

0 0