This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Green Bike

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Bike

I was just reading up on the Green Bike website. Has anyone ever used the bikes? I'm getting the impression that you can only ride 30 minutes before needing to dock the bike and take it out again. Is that the way it works? Or, if we rent for 8 hours, can we keep it out for that whole 8 hours?
    Laura

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that you keep it for as long as the rental agreement that you signed up for.

https://greenbikearuba.com/pricing/

are these motor assisted bikes?

and.......... from their FAQ

How long can I keep a bike out?
    Annual and Monthly Membership have unlimited rides of 45 minutes. If a renter choose to keep the bike past the rental session, $5 will be charged for each additional 30-minute period. The rental expires once the bike is returned.
    Casual users can use the bike for the time that it was bought. If a renter choose to keep the bike past your rental session, $5 will be charged for each additional 30-minute period. The rental expires once the bike is returned.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-12-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My kids looked at these at LaCabana in August and were very confused. My daughter was going to rent for them and wasn't comfortable with the amount of the hold they were going to put on her credit card. Also the idea of having to carry a credit card to be able to swipe it every time they wanted to dock and take the bikes out was odd.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    They put up a new station across the street from Oceania-near the empty lot.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Andrea J.;343214]I think that you keep it for as long as the rental agreement that you signed up for.

https://greenbikearuba.com/pricing/

are these motor assisted bikes?

and.......... from their FAQ

How long can I keep a bike out?
    Annual and Monthly Membership have unlimited rides of 45 minutes. If a renter choose to keep the bike past the rental session, $5 will be charged for each additional 30-minute period. The rental expires once the bike is returned.
    Casual users can use the bike for the time that it was bought. If a renter choose to keep the bike past your rental session, $5 will be charged for each additional 30-minute period. The rental expires once the bike is returned.[/QUOTE]
    No, they are not motor assisted, they are human assisted.
    I think the "have unlimited rides of 45 minutes" is what had me questioning it.
    Last edited by sunnysmiles; 01-13-2019 at 07:06 PM.
    Laura

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    My kids looked at these at LaCabana in August and were very confused. My daughter was going to rent for them and wasn't comfortable with the amount of the hold they were going to put on her credit card. Also the idea of having to carry a credit card to be able to swipe it every time they wanted to dock and take the bikes out was odd.
    I can understand the hold because it covers part of the cost of the bike if it isn't returned, I'm assuming.
    Laura

0 0