This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever seen the Aruba caves?

Post Thanks / Like
    We walked through a "Lava Tube" cave on the big island of Hawaii and it was amazing, very tropical inside with small streams and ferns. Worth a visit.
    Scientists expect that human survival on Mars may have to be inside such lava tubes to protect from radiation due to lack of atmosphere.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Four years ago in Fontein - my babies were so tiny! Jason, on the left in front, is now taller than me! Have you ever seen the Aruba caves?-fontein-jpg
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 4 0

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    We went to the Tunnel of Love caves on our honeymoon (first visit to Aruba). Got as far as the entrance & decided it was not my thing! Recently we went to the Fontein Cave near Boca Prins - that was a very cool experience as it was airy and you could stand up and the guides were awesome!
    Same here. My first time ever in Aruba (about 18 years ago) a local took me and then boyfriend on a tour of the island. He took us to Tunnel of Love and after about 5 minutes, I got very claustrophobic and started having a panic attack. The guide had to bring me back to the entrance. It was sort of embarrassing but I figure it's pretty common (hopefully). I met them at the end and never dared to venture back again.
    0 1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We haven't been back either. I literally could not even get in! If I remember correctly you have to step down & duck to get into the entrance - no thank you!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1 0