This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Natural Pool with Madi -- don't miss!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thadius65 View Post
    Those that tend to live in the breeze have little need for structure or reason. Oh how I wish I could be that way (jealousy....). \
    And you have summed up Madi's world perfectly!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We were with Madi this morning...we brought a small cooler and another bag...

We asked in advance and had her take us to Charlie's Bar for lunch!! Madi is an AWESOME person...we had a great time with her!!

Dave and Candy
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Natural pool jeep tour

Is it recommended for young children? we have five year old son ? we had planned to take the jeep tour with Madi but wasnt sure if it was safe for young children???
    0 0

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arubanole View Post
    Is it recommended for young children? we have five year old son ? we had planned to take the jeep tour with Madi but wasnt sure if it was safe for young children???
    I'm not sure I'd take a 5 yr old. I had trouble hanging on during the ride to the Natural Pool -- the road is that bad! And to get into the pool to swim is a somewhat difficult climb over rocks and then the water is kind of deep and not always calm! Just my own opinion, but I'd wait a few years!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    .... Just my own opinion, but I'd wait a few years!
    Same here...
    Pierre

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the response.... i appreciate it.... we go every year so will wait on it. any suggestions on other things to do with young children.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi
    go over to the FAMILY VACATIONS category

in there you will find

BUTTERFLY farm........(go early in the day)
    DONKEY sanctuary.....(check their times open).......a WONDERFUL time!!
    Submarine/Atlantis.....expensive, but some really LOVE IT.....my son loved his first Atlantis ride that he became HOOKED on subs! He is now a nuclear engineer with the DOD working on subs in dry dock.
    BABY BEACH......go early on non weekend days.
    DEPALM ISLAND.....has a nice waterpark suited for little kids, plenty of food, plenty of beverages...........expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Madi is taking 4-5 days to respond as indicated by others. The really odd thing is I had two back to back questions answered where she called herself Madi in the first response, but then the next email was Mady? ??
    Next Aruba trip in [countdown=05/13/2013 4:00 PM;I'm finally there]Count down:[/countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone ever walked to the Natural Pool? I have been there once on a jeep tour and absolutely hated the rough ride. I vowed I would not go again.

However, when I had a guided walk in the Arikok Park, the guide, called Rambo said that he walks there. He said if you set off around 7am, it takes about an hour and a half (that's maybe for him!) and an hour and a half back so back by noon. He said that he does guided tours. I wonder if it is worth a try????
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    omgosh stella it would be a difficult hike.
    if you are in good shape (and you are!) then a definite maybe.

me, i know i cannot even walk the 1 mile from my house to the clubhouse and pro shop here in the heat. i could never imagine doing it in AUA.

what about the lions, tigers and bears (oh my) that could come out of the cactus and eat you? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by BillStellaR View Post
    Has anyone ever walked to the Natural Pool? I have been there once on a jeep tour and absolutely hated the rough ride. I vowed I would not go again.

However, when I had a guided walk in the Arikok Park, the guide, called Rambo said that he walks there. He said if you set off around 7am, it takes about an hour and a half (that's maybe for him!) and an hour and a half back so back by noon. He said that he does guided tours. I wonder if it is worth a try????