This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: SCUBA............Have you ever?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

SCUBA............Have you ever?

Have you ever gone diving with one of the dive companies in Aruba?

Paul and I have gone out with a few different dive companies and enjoyed ourselves lots.

Have you ever considered taking SCUBA lessons?

A resort SCUBA course would give folks a good idea if this is something they would be interested in.
    A resort course gives a few hours of pool training and then a shallow 1 hour (less than 30') ocean dive under the watchful eyes of dive masters.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I would LOVE to SCUBA! And I love Aruba. Heh. I have never tried it, been certified, etc. but I sure would like to. Do you know if there are any places in Aruba you can get a resort-type course without being at a resort?
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    JADS and Aqua Windie to name 2.

A resort course is just a term used to differentiate between a full certification course and a let’s test it out to see if we like it course (resort course)
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    I would LOVE to SCUBA! And I love Aruba. Heh. I have never tried it, been certified, etc. but I sure would like to. Do you know if there are any places in Aruba you can get a resort-type course without being at a resort?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    JADS and Aqua Windie to name 2.

A resort course is just a term used to differentiate between a full certification course and a let’s test it out to see if we like it course (resort course)
    I thought about one of those once in Jamaica years ago, but never did it. There is a place around here that provides lessons and certification. Maybe I should look into those before October. I think SCUBA-ing would be incredible!!!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know there are PADI courses that allow folks to take the classroom and pool work in another setting (Up North) and do their final work...check out dives and other incidentals at other PADI dive places ...such as in Aruba.
    If you are interested, now is the time to make inquiries.

My son took a full PADI certification course from Unique WaterSports in Aruba.
    Then he took an advanced course at College (Mass Maritime) and finished up in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    I thought about one of those once in Jamaica years ago, but never did it. There is a place around here that provides lessons and certification. Maybe I should look into those before October. I think SCUBA-ing would be incredible!!!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I did my Open Water certification with Red Sail about 15 years ago. I probably have dove most frequently with Mermaid Divers (located near Superfoods) since then due to their reasonable pricing on multi-dive packages.
    Next Aruba trip in [Countdown=07/16/2016 5:00 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I typically spend a great deal of time during my visits exploring Aruba's awesome reefs, but has only involved surface touring and some free diving. I have never SCUBA'd, but am considering it this approaching visit to broaden my exploration experiences. I still need to understand its logistics and protocols first. Maybe I will be able to try this time
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband has been with Unique and Jads. He enjoyed both, but was really impressed with Jads. Not only were we able to get him in at the last minute on a whim, but they offer pickup and drop off in the high rise area.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are "pro" Discover Scuba Divers. We do a DSD at every island we go to. We have used AquaWindies (didn't like them) and are looking for a different company. I would love to dive at Mangel Halto. Any suggestions?
    0 0