This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Seabob Aruba - Boca Catalina

Post Thanks / Like

Seabob Aruba - Boca Catalina

We went in search of sea turtles and we were not disappointed. We saw no less than 5 turtles, lots of starfish, a scorpion fish, and an awesome flying gurnard which was amazing. The seabobs are electric power and pull you through the water, allowing you to cover much more ground than you could snorkeling on your own. This excursion is different than most because you don't use a snorkel or fins. The seabobs go pretty fast and you hold your breath to dive down. The tour starts at Boca Catalina and goes up and down the coast. You have the option to go to Antilla but since we were the only ones on our tour, we opted out since we've been there a bunch snorkeling and diving (Jon).

We did the 8:30 tour on Saturday morning and no else signed up so we had a private tour! On their website you can see how many spots are open, they only take 6 max. Their email communication is outstanding. We had a change of plans and they worked with us to change our pick up point and time. Getting our pictures after the trip was a breeze too.

The seabobs operate like mini jetskis. The intro session was great, they give a thorough explanation on the machines and safety. Wet suits and masks are provided. Our guide, Tony from Holland, was awesome! He would go down and point out sea creatures that we would not have noticed without him. He also took lots of pictures that were available for viewing and purchase after the trip.

I don't think this trip would be great for kids. There were some going after we finished, but I kind of felt my arms were too short for the seabob. I kept letting go of one side so I could look down. I didn't like diving down as much as Jon did, but that's just me. I went down a few times but felt more comfortable on the surface.

For those wondering how this compares to Aruba Bob Snorkeling - it doesn't. They are 2 different trips entirely and I recommend both, but on different trips. Aruba Bob I think is a more leisurely pace and I liked having the snorkel. For a beginner snorkeler, I would give the nod to Aruba Bob. I think Seabob is better for someone looking for the rush of speed (my husband). I would do both again because you really see so many different things in the different areas around the island.

Any questions - feel free to ask here or message me.
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the website https://www.seabobaruba.com/
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a blast. you guys really get to know the island-love it!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    loved your Seabob report!
    thanks.

when Paul and I are at Boca Catalina Beach, we see them go out and come back.
    we have rarely seen kids and my observation is that most of the participants were kind of struggling to reach the things that need to be held onto to give it power and steer. it seemed like quite a stretch.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We just booked with Aruba Bob for December. We appreciated all the tips on this forum. We are going snorkeling again on The Black Pearl and doing the Boca Catalina area. We wanted to checkout Mangel Halto snorkel this time. Glad you guys reminded us about reservations on these motorized trips, alot of days were already booked up.
    Thanks
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    loved your Seabob report!
    thanks.

when Paul and I are at Boca Catalina Beach, we see them go out and come back.
    we have rarely seen kids and my observation is that most of the participants were kind of struggling to reach the things that need to be held onto to give it power and steer. it seemed like quite a stretch.
    I felt like I was stretching and couldn't extend my arms far enough to look down while riding unless I looked off the the side. I stopped a lot to be able to focus on things under water. The next day I felt it in my arms, not hurting but definitely muscles I wasnt used to using.
    0 0