This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Which snorkel trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Which snorkel trip?

Looking at jolly pirate as 3 yo loves pirates but didn't want a drunk fest. Thoughts?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Jolly Pirates can be tons of fun. For a more private setting, the joy of sailing, and a generally great day on the water, check out Tranquilo with Captain Anthony. Or, for great fun and a land-based excursion there is Aruba Bob. Here's a video interview with Kent and plenty of underwater footage showing the great stuff at Mangel Alto.

http://bentpage.net/2012/03/02/aruba...rkeling-video/

Be safe and enjoy your visit.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am not sure there is any snorkel tour on island that is appropriate for a 3 year old.

Sunset cruise with Toddlers...

Quote Originally Posted by krmlaw View Post
    Looking at jolly pirate as 3 yo loves pirates but didn't want a drunk fest. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-14-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just some thoughts...

As much as I love Tranquilo, it is too long of a day for a 3 year old and your child in all likelihood would be bored.

Jolly Pirates would probably be okay for a boat ride, and the "pirate experience",

but the waters where they snorkel, more so from the perspective of a 3 yo, is pretty deep. Even their shallow snorkels are deep enough that an adult cannot stand.

The day we were on board it was not a "drunk fest". On board there was a large family group celebrating an upcoming wedding on the island and the rest of us were a mix of families and couples.

Have you considered renting gear and snorkeling from shore?

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/baby%20beach.html

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snor...0catalina.html

If your child is comfortable enough swimming, you may want to try out the mask and snorkel in the pool first to make sure that they are comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    He wont be snorkeling ... But is there easy entry into the water for him? One thing we like about cats are the walkway down to the water.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as we love Jolly Pirates, I wouldn't think of it as a Pirate experience that I child would expect. I think you would be disappointment. The crew don't really dress as pirates other than a jacket and maybe a hat sometimes. We have been twice, both times the crew was fun and flirty and we had a mix of families and couples, but the youngest were probabaly in the 10-12 year old range.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We just did the sunset snorkel trip on the Black Pearl yesterday. It leaves the pier at Moomba/Marriott Surf Club at 3:30 and gets back just after sunset. There are 2 snorkel stops along the coast at Boca Catalina and Malmok. They do not go to the Antilla as it has been leaking oil. It is a quiet trip, not a drunk fest, but has an open bar. Albert and Joann and first mate Anton make a wonderful crew. Joann remembers and calls everyone by name and makes wonderful sandwiches after the last dive. There are only 20 people on board total and there was 1 younger boy maybe 4 years old on our trip. The captain and first mate dove down and got starfish for him and others to look at and take pictures with. A great trip for those looking for a relaxing afternoon on the water. I highly recommend.

Walt

http://www.aruba-sailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I would contact ArubaBobs or check out their website. My opinion would be more private snorkeling with them.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    a 3 year old cannot do a snorkel trip like arubabobs snorkel excursion.it is a shore snorkel.

we love arubabobs!

Quote Originally Posted by kal0721 View Post
    I would contact ArubaBobs or check out their website. My opinion would be more private snorkeling with them.