This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe....better than a "Maybe"...... a Drive In Movie theater!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe....better than a "Maybe"...... a Drive In Movie theater!

https://24ora.com/category/local/
    keep checking the 24ora.com link for news

per Margaret Wever on FB

Maybe....better than a "Maybe"...... a Drive In Movie theater!-screen-shot-2020-05-13-12-10-48-pm-jpg

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be so cool!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have one here in Lakeland and it is pretty awesome.
    summer 2018 we saw Mama Mia 2 and Christopher Robin as a double feature.
    I loved it...Paul laid the seat back and napped.

We would go if there was a drive in in Aruba.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I told Tom we would have to go and of course he has to point out we would need to rent a car. The funny thing is when we were kids and dating we would say that even if we weren’t together when we turned 70, we would go on a date to a drive in. It’s still a few years off but if Aruba gets a drive in, it could happen!

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved going to the drive in when we were kids. we would be in our jammies with our pillows and of course take the station wagon. It was so much fun. I remember of course the speakers sucked but who cared cause within a short time, we were asleep. I would so go if they had them here and that may be the wave of the future for social distancing. However, we live in NJ so the time frame for a drive in movie theater would be short lived but in Aruba, it would be perfect.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we could have Bully bring a bunch of us....some lounge chairs and snacks!!

the first drive in movie that I went to was in Braintree and the movie was The Music Man (per my baby book entry from my mom)
    the drive in movie theater that we mostly went to (every Saturday evening during the Summer was in Dennis, Ma.)

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember going to the Drive In Movie Theater when we were very young. It was a special treat, maybe once a year. And yes, the speaker was terrible, but we got to pick something from the concession stand. I really remember more about what the theater looked like, then the movies we saw. At our age it was probably a cartoon. God, that was a long time ago.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know where this is located? It might be fun.

We do have the only drive in movie theater left in NJ right here in town, but we've only gone once. It really draws people from all over the place. They don't use speakers, rather you have to turn to an FM station. They just got state permission, with restrictions, to reopen as things are beginning to relax. Gaby, you can always drive down to here. They have two screens, too.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Does anyone know where this is located? It might be fun.

Gaby, you can always drive down to here. They have two screens, too.
    They actually have to delay their opening cause of the Covid, which I thought they would be the only ones that would open. I would go to the one in Aruba, I think it would be fun. I hope we get to go this year, fingers crossed and reservations made.

Post Thanks / Like
    This would be great! I love a good drive-in theater. Peg (and maybe Andrea and Chuck as well), do you know the Wellfleet Drive-In out on the Cape? I've been going to Wellfleet for vacation since I was a kid (well, until I discovered Aruba! LOL!). At least one night at the drive-in is required!! It really isn't about the movie...it's just fun! Usually involves mini-golf too! Sweet memories...
    0 0