This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightlife?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I'm telling you guys, the 5 o'clock nap is the secret to staying power. We have a couple of cocktails during the day, but that nap enables us to enjoy the beach/pool during the day and the bars at night. We're on vacation and we don't want to miss a minute of it!

We do the 8 o’clock nap because things don’t really get going at a lot of the bars much before 11pm.

And, for those of you spending your evenings on the balcony:

What?!?!?
    According to the following link, Aruba is the #4 party island on the planet:

https://www.touropia.com/best-party-...und-the-world/
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We do the same thing. Day drinking is relatively new for me...only the last couple of trips but I usually take a nap for an hour and that rest is enough for whatever the night brings on. These days I usually return to the room by midnight my late night days are a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I'm telling you guys, the 5 o'clock nap is the secret to staying power. We have a couple of cocktails during the day, but that nap enables us to enjoy the beach/pool during the day and the bars at night. We're on vacation and we don't want to miss a minute of it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nightlife? My hubby is a creature of habit, so no. He likes to go to bed at 11:00-even if he is falling a sleep watching TV at 10:00 and suggest he go to bed, he will say, it's too early but spend the next hour sleeping on the sofa. He does not dance and would just drink and pout in a club. Unless we going out with friends, or to a show(like a Broadway show) or comedy club or a rock concert, he'd rather stay home.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    your husband might be a relative of mine....I sit and pout at a club too.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Nightlife? My hubby is a creature of habit, so no. He likes to go to bed at 11:00-even if he is falling a sleep watching TV at 10:00 and suggest he go to bed, he will say, it's too early but spend the next hour sleeping on the sofa. He does not dance and would just drink and pout in a club. Unless we going out with friends, or to a show(like a Broadway show) or comedy club or a rock concert, he'd rather stay home.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess we're in the minority then, we like to hang out and meet folks and have fun. Just like getting wings and burgers, I can sit on the couch at home...

Post Thanks / Like
    We tend to spend a good few evenings hanging with friends on the resort, but there are more than a few nights each year that I go scouring for a jam at one of the local musical venues. Yes, they are out there, and the musicians are stellar quality.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 8, 2020... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I so agree! I have seen several of the island musicians and they have all put on a great act- heck I even love the people over at Sopranos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    We tend to spend a good few evenings hanging with friends on the resort, but there are more than a few nights each year that I go scouring for a jam at one of the local musical venues. Yes, they are out there, and the musicians are stellar quality.