This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfie's Palm Beach

Post Thanks / Like
    I have reached out to them with regards to the Palm Beach location. I will post the response.

Post Thanks / Like
    They used to have both locations on their website. Now I only see the one downtown. T/A states closed.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There was an announcement made last week on facebook that they were having some staffing problems, but do intend to open up again when all is fixed.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 8, 2020... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Old Dirty Bird Tacos will be doing some pop ups in this location - maybe they can make a restaurant mash-up happen that works well for both.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! Amal here, from Alfie's

In the spirit of transparency, as I'm not a fan of rumours, here's the Palm Beach location story, right from the source. I would have posted this sooner, but I'm not here often, and was cued to check the forum out for this thread.

This location started out as a franchise to a fellow from New Jersey. He approached us, and we were flattered. We set up a deal, we rented the Palm Beach location for him, & we moved him into our house. In January, he left the island with 5 days notice, and left the business that we didn't open/don't have time for, in our laps. My husband and I are busy with our downtown location, and our everyday lives.

The Palm Beach location ran for a while with the team that the franchisee had hired, even though it wasn't busy enough to cover the astronomical costs that come with a location in Palm Beach. Shortly after, the cook quit with 4 days notice, as he had a good opportunity elsewhere (can't blame him, we all have bills to pay!).

The closure began as temporary, but now we aren't sure. We aren't ashamed to admit that we don't have the time or energy to run a second location that wasn't in our plans. I'm not whining, we made a mistake, and we'll own it. We're trying to work this out every day, and will keep folks posted through our social media channels.

We're truly sorry if this closure has put a dent in folks' plans, we hope to see you at our pub in Oranjestad

Take good care,

Amal
    6 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amal! Thanks so much for clearing eveything up for the forum members. Wishing you continued success downtown!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for taking the time to post and clear the air. We had been to the Palm Beach location once and to be honest, the person from NJ did not leave us an impression that showed longevity. Hopefully your's and Peter's burden will be resolved shorty and doesn't upset the day to day of the downtown location. We really like to stop in there at least once or twice a trip and enjoy the atmosphere that the two of you bring to the island.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfiesInAruba View Post

In the spirit of transparency, as I'm not a fan of rumours, here's the Palm Beach location story, right from the source. I would have posted this sooner, but I'm not here often, and was cued to check the forum out for this thread.

This location started out as a franchise to a fellow from New Jersey. He approached us, and we were flattered. We set up a deal, we rented the Palm Beach location for him, & we moved him into our house. In January, he left the island with 5 days notice, and left the business that we didn't open/don't have time for, in our laps. My husband and I are busy with our downtown location, and our everyday lives.

The Palm Beach location ran for a while with the team that the franchisee had hired, even though it wasn't busy enough to cover the astronomical costs that come with a location in Palm Beach. Shortly after, the cook quit with 4 days notice, as he had a good opportunity elsewhere (can't blame him, we all have bills to pay!).

The closure began as temporary, but now we aren't sure. We aren't ashamed to admit that we don't have the time or energy to run a second location that wasn't in our plans. I'm not whining, we made a mistake, and we'll own it. We're trying to work this out every day, and will keep folks posted through our social media channels.

We're truly sorry if this closure has put a dent in folks' plans, we hope to see you at our pub in Oranjestad

Take good care,

Amal

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Amal, thank you for your post. I’m sorry for your troubles at the Palm Beach location. We have yet to make it to your pub but always here positive reviews. Maybe this trip!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Take good care,

Amal
    I completely understand. Thank you for the update and clearing up any rumors. Look forward to visiting the original location.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you so much for the clarity on the situation.
    your honesty is appreciated.
    that certainly is problematic and a huge pain for you fine folks.

we ALL make mistakes and hopefully the mistakes are not too costly $$$ or mentally.

we will see you in O'staad sometime in the coming weeks.

Take good care,

Amal