This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Amore Mio, Gianni ,

Post Thanks / Like

Amore Mio, Gianni ,

Well I ate at Amore for the first time and to me this is the best pizza on the island . Eating New Haven thin crust my whole life was like being at home. Fresh ingredients and crust had alot of flavor. The salad was cold and crisp and all the apps were great.

Gianni's food is always great but it was even better without the chaos of a dozen servers running around taking care of a full house. I had zuppa d pesc for a app. It was amazing. Followed that up with Traditional Ravioli . I tried the chicken in lemon wine was out of this world. Had the lemon cake for dessert and OMG good . Ended the night with free lemoncello shots .

I love Italian food and will always come here every trip . I added Italy around the World this year. Food was delicious but prep time was too long.
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s funny that you describe Gianni’s service as chaotic as that’s how we felt the one time we dined there. It seemed like all the servers were constantly running around. The food was good though. We haven’t tried Amore yet but it does sound interesting so I’ll add it to our to go list.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I had exactly the same reaction to Gianni's! It was too chaotic for me. I thought the food was only okay. The atmosphere was probably a factor in feeling that way.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the last time we were at Giannis, we were disappointed with the food and the service.
    we never gave it a 2nd chance.
    many of us have very different (and high) expectations of Italian food.
    I am one that if I am disappointed, I am done.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the last time we were at Giannis, we were disappointed with the food and the service.
    we never gave it a 2nd chance.
    many of us have very different (and high) expectations of Italian food.
    I am one that if I am disappointed, I am done.
    We ate there 2x and both were not up to standard. Azzurro's is much better and the sunset can't be beat
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I too find Gianni's just so so. I much prefer Italy in the World, Perla Di I'Talia, and Hostario da Vittorio for Italian food.
    0 0