This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barneys restaurant

Post Thanks / Like
    To bad they are closing. We didn't go there that often, but supporting the non-chain local establishments are the one's we usually seek out and try to cater to.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have to say, patience isn’t an issue for me. Not my business nor do I care why they closed. Only interested in whether or not they were reopening and the question has been answered. Now we move on to the next restaurant.

1 4

Post Thanks / Like
    You're right Peg, let's move on and leave the condescending remarks behind us.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that the better or more accurate words are "customers or diners "
    We are/were looking for clarity...........Closed permanently? Closed for renovations?

The only real definitive thing that we know is that their pages have not been updated.
    They need to update and be clear.
    As of now their FB nor Web page has been updated with closed permanently information

Sorry Walt, I had to leave my opinion and I agree with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    To bad they are closing. We didn't go there that often, but supporting the non-chain local establishments are the one's we usually seek out and try to cater to.
    We've been there twice. We like the local places vs a US chain in Aruba.
    Last edited by robin; 09-19-2019 at 04:38 PM. Reason: extra word

0 0

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was there in early July and actually walked out and went to Sole Mare next door. Was not that crowded and we saw they had the kitchen staff helping, a sever told us a couple of people called out sick. We were fine with the waiting but when the Kukko bus pulled up and a crowd of people with the hanging shot glasses came in...we changed it up to Italian. Did not post about this because I don't like to comment on a restaurant for a one night issue, we have been there numerous time before and was very happy with the food. I always like to give places a chance before I remove them from my restaurant list.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    I am sure it will happen in due time. Curious tourists need patience.
    Perhaps I interpreted that incorrectly, but that statement comes off as very disrespectful to our forum moderator who posed the original question. I, and others, enjoy this forum due to the accuracy of information and helpfulness of others. Andrea does an amazing job of making sure that the information here is relevant, truthful and on-topic, for us “curious tourists” and newbies. I imagine that is not an easy task and I appreciate the time it must take to seek out accurate information in order to keep us all properly informed.

That said, we have enjoyed Barney’s over the years and wish the owners the best.

4 7

Post Thanks / Like
    My comment was derived from the post above it that mentioned "people are more curious....." Nothing more, nothing less. Sorry, I obviously do not belong here.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the famous saying is its not what you say but how you say it....moving on.