This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Locals Bar

Post Thanks / Like

Best Locals Bar

Hi:
    We like to go on the occcasional pub crawl on our vacation and prefer to steer away from the high-end stuff around the high-rises and seek out the locals bars. Nothing fancy cocktail-wise but just a few beers and short chasers.
    And suggestions would be most gratefully received.
    If they happen to encompass cheap and cheerful local food nearby it would be even better.
    We're staying in the Noord area but not on the beach.
    Thanking you in advance.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds-R-Us View Post
    Hi:
    We like to go on the occcasional pub crawl on our vacation and prefer to steer away from the high-end stuff around the high-rises and seek out the locals bars. Nothing fancy cocktail-wise but just a few beers and short chasers.
    And suggestions would be most gratefully received.
    If they happen to encompass cheap and cheerful local food nearby it would be even better.
    We're staying in the Noord area but not on the beach.
    Thanking you in advance.
    My suggestions:

Local Store. It is in Noord, right on Rt 3. Amazing food, great beers (craft, included), and a super chill vibe.
    Alfie's downtown is another option in a similar vein.
    If you are looking for craft beer in general, there is one brewery on the island: Fireson. They are over by the Holiday Inn. Great beer, good food and they have cocktails too.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    My suggestions:

Local Store. It is in Noord, right on Rt 3. Amazing food, great beers (craft, included), and a super chill vibe.
    Alfie's downtown is another option in a similar vein.
    If you are looking for craft beer in general, there is one brewery on the island: Fireson. They are over by the Holiday Inn. Great beer, good food and they have cocktails too.
    I would add Cafe 080 and Cafe Chaos. Cafe Chaos has a great happy hour on Friday from 5-7.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Along with Local Store we really like Café 080.
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime (name of the bar/ restaurant) in Paradara just off the round about. Doubt if you will see a tourist there (unless invited by a local...lol) ...drinks are cold and the food (Chinese) is very good. I love their loompias and they come in two sizes.

Also the bar at Mango Halto
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh yes! Cafe 080 too!! Good call!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    I definitely need to try this when we are there in October. I never knew it existed! We have not been down that way since our first trip but plan to go out snorkeling there this time. I will definitely be on the lookout for this bar!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    another cheer for cafe' 080!!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-27-2022 at 01:41 PM.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Cafe 080 and Local Store are great suggestions. We did a crawl years ago, downtown. I enjoyed it since we didn’t have to drive place to place; everything in walking distances. I had scoped out the spots early in the afternoon, while shopping and walking around. Some of the places we enjoyed are no longer there unfortunately.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    Anytime (name of the bar/ restaurant) in Paradara just off the round about. Doubt if you will see a tourist there (unless invited by a local...lol) ...drinks are cold and the food (Chinese) is very good. I love their loompias and they come in two sizes.

Yes, Magno Halto Bar is locals. We’ve been there a couple times.

Never been to Anytime

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 1