This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Bingo - October 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Bingo - October 2021

...Farmer Brown he had a dog...

No dogs here. Nuthin' but good times and a margarita that almost made me do a face plant in the parking lot. Like I said: good times!! Bingo is one of those island staples that's just easy for nights when you don't need your hair blown back by food: simple, short and sweet - #RIP Barney's

The BnB Boys last night on the island and they opted to return as we'd had lunch there a few days ago. Easy-peasy. Off we went.

Sat outside - it was the most empty we'd ever seen Bingo and, luckily, no smokers (a recurring issue on previous visits). Service was fun and attentive and food was good.

The carnage:

Apps

Bingo - October 2021-salmonsashimi-jpg
    Large Salmon Sashimi

Bingo - October 2021-calamari-jpg
    Baked Calamari

Bingo - October 2021-mushroomfondue-jpg
    Mushroom Fondue

Mains

I was going to post more but, frankly, the picture upload restrictions are onerous so NO CONTENT FOR YOU, ATA!! We had:

- Schnitzel
    - Shrimp Salad
    - Burger
    - Shrimp Pasta

For dessert:

- Apple Crumble all around

And that's about it. Go and mingle with the Dutch.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We haven't been to Bingo Café in years. Our real estate agent at the time, met with us there the first time we got together, back in 2011. I don't think we have been back since. We did like it there, it's just that we usually end up a daily happy hour or eat by the water when we go out for a bite. We'll have to give it a go sometime.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We haven't been to Bingo Café in years. Our real estate agent at the time, met with us there the first time we got together, back in 2011. I don't think we have been back since. We did like it there, it's just that we usually end up a daily happy hour or eat by the water when we go out for a bite. We'll have to give it a go sometime.
    Same with us! We've been more in the past two weeks than we've been in the last five years!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pics - yours are always much larger & move vivid than others. Wonder what you do differently when you post!??? I heard about Bingos. Just never enough nights and we always need to get our favorites in. Thanks for sharing!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    Great pics Wonder what you do differently when you post!???
    ‘Thanks. I wouldn’t call posting photos “easy”. It’s a convoluted process of having great originals, lowering the resolution through a photo editing app either on your phone or desktop and then uploading them one by one in your post. It can be precarious at times. The ATA would be well served to upgrade photo capabilities on the forum website to improve ease of use… it’s free content generated by members!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only been to Bingos once and was trying to fit in on my last trip but ran into stomach issues. I like to mix it up with local/casual and the more known restaurants. The one thing I like about Bingos is that you can order small or large side of an app, main and dessert. Make mine a large Margarita LOL...
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    ‘Thanks. I wouldn’t call posting photos “easy”. It’s a convoluted process of having great originals, lowering the resolution through a photo editing app either on your phone or desktop and then uploading them one by one in your post. It can be precarious at times. The ATA would be well served to upgrade photo capabilities on the forum website to improve ease of use… it’s free content generated by members!

You are so right about ATA. They are way behind in technology. If they upgrade and make it easier to post good pics many more people would post them. Yours even had the ability to hit “next” and see all pics. You are a photo tech genius! LOL.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I encourage all to make their photo comments known at email support@aruba.com
    Please, write and they will take notice.

Re: Bingos. They do have awesome coconut shrimp!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We've always enjoyed our times at Bingo.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have never been to Bingo's, but after seeing your photos, we'll have to give it a try. The food looks amazing!
    0 0