This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caribbean Journal's 50 Best Restaurants

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Caribbean Journal's 50 Best Restaurants

https://www.caribjournal.com/2019/12...45a2-188991889

1 mention of an Aruba Restaurant ...... seriously, only 1.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    And it's a place that doesn't serve real Grouper.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting! It’s also a place where the menu has never interested us despite hearing all good things.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree and agree

I cannot remember what the name of the place was b4 it was Screaming Eagle, but Paul loved it.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a place that has never even crossed my mind as soon as I read about people eating in a bed type setting....not something I would be into at all and was a huge turn off. I realize they have regular tables too but I am pretty sure we wont ever go there.

Post Thanks / Like
    We love Screaming Eagle (and Chef Erwin) - one of our favorites in Aruba. We always eat in the main dining room. Have used the beds a couple of times but only for a drink or two as a novelty/fun factor.

While Aruba restaurants are very good (and we do like most of them), compared to other restaurants in U.S. cities and other countries, most Aruba restaurants are pretty average but with good food. There are a few in Aruba that stand above the rest but in comparison to places like Alinea in Chicago or Per Se in NYC or the French Laundry in Yountville (or any of Thomas Keller's restaurants), there just is no comparison. So I don't find it odd that there is only one Aruba restaurant on this list. Just my opinion from my experiences and travels.

Screaming Eagle was the Cattle Baron a long time ago and then later on was Crustaceans & Steaks.
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 12-31-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- Oregon winecountry/coast: July 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s only 1000 feet from our condo, yet we’ve never been. It’s always busy when we go by though. If we were fine dining people, we’d give it a try, but not on the beds. At our age we’d probably fall asleep before dinner arrived

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand what you wrote........however the topic is/was Caribbean restaurants and I am surprised that others Aruba restaurants did not make the list.I am not comparing Aruba or Caribbean restaurants to USA or European, Asian places.

Thanks for refreshing my memory of "Cattle Baron".
    My husband loved it there.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    We love Screaming Eagle (and Chef Erwin) - one of our favorites in Aruba. We always eat in the main dining room. Have used the beds a couple of times but only for a drink or two as a novelty/fun factor.

While Aruba restaurants are very good (and we do like most of them), compared to other restaurants in U.S. cities and other countries, most Aruba restaurants are pretty average but with good food. There are a few in Aruba that stand above the rest but in comparison to places like Alinea in Chicago or Per Se in NYC or the French Laundry in Yountville (or any of Thomas Keller's restaurants), there just is no comparison. So I don't find it odd that there is only one Aruba restaurant on this list. Just my opinion from my experiences and travels.

Screaming Eagle was the Cattle Baron a long time ago and then later on was Crustaceans & Steaks.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I understand what you wrote........however the topic is/was Caribbean restaurants and I am surprised that others Aruba restaurants did not make the list.I am not comparing Aruba or Caribbean restaurants to USA or European, Asian places.

Thanks for refreshing my memory of "Cattle Baron".
    My husband loved it there.
    Then let me add "and other Caribbean restaurants" in comparison as well.
    There are many great restaurants in the Caribbean!
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- Oregon winecountry/coast: July 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually go to Screaming Eagle maybe once a year. There is a lot we don't eat on their menu but what we have has always been good. My son and his gf were unimpressed. Aruba has many great restaurants and I am surprised they did not make the list. One of them listed was a place we went to a few weeks ago in Turks and Caicos called Cocovan. It was good, very, very casual(picnic tables, order before sitting down) not a big menu and the mosquitos were awful. The menu was unique, but I would not have put this on the list. I have been to other islands and the food is good there mostly. It seems like the article is really pushing the places in St. Maarten/St. Martin maybe to give them a boost due to the devastation a few years ago. It also seems like some these place have more unique items on their menus so I wonder if that is what they were going for in this article.